what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I got my hair cut and colored, met with my accountant, and attended a wonderful (free) concert at a historic local church with great acoustics. Today I plan to focus on housekeeping and a walk.

I goofed off all day. :dance: I took a midday nap just because I could.

Tonight we attended the very last American Legion officer installation dinner of the season. Next big event is the statewide Legion Convention in Niagara Falls, NY in July. I have not seen the Falls in decades. I plan to grab a tourist shuttle to the American side while Mr B is in meetings. You can see the Falls many times in one lifetime, but each time is just like the first. :)

We are watching the Red Sox waxing the Yankees, score 5-1 at the top of the 7th inning. Heeheeheeeeeee...

niagara-falls.jpg

Last edited:
Cut grass, trim hedges, go for coffee, stopped at Tractor suplly for a three pack of work gloves, onto wllyworld got some LED lights which I will modify for 12VDC to use at the camp. Splendid dinner by DW. Sanded the topside of my kayak, again, two more coats varnish and will be ready for the lake.

Now surfing the board.

Took the roadster out for a spin. We drove to Sandy Hook for lunch al fresco, but our usual lunch place is under construction, so we ate at the Lake House in Seymour (on the Housatonic River). After lunch, we went to Rich Farm in Oxford for ice cream (the best on the planet). I'm a little sunburned.

Another goof off day...:D

It rained off and on all day, so no lawn mowing happened today. Pity...:cool:

I emptied and filled the dishwasher, made a nice baked chicken midday dinner, and am getting ready to watch the "rubber match" between the Red Sox and the Yankees on ESPN. Mr B loves his Sox.

I feel a dish of homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream coming on...:dance:

Today was filled with yard work.

Yesterday we attended a doubleheader between Arkansas Travelers and Corpus Christi Hooks. Travelers lost both games.

17695-albums154-picture1023.jpg

It was a breezy day in the low 80's...won't be many more of those around here until next fall. Sun and beer. Today it's iced tea and water.

We ate out yesterday and today. Grocery shopping tomorrow so we can get back to home dining.

Spent time with my daughter and her dh. Worked on treehouse/clubhouse with my granddaughter. Sprayed liquid seven on vege's garden. Used my new (60 year old) planet jr garden wheel hoe to weed between rows of vege's. installed a new 115volt outlet in a garage nook for the freezer my DW wants moved out of utility room.

Tomorrow will be even better, except I gotta run to the lumberyard for more material to finish the treehouse. Man, I sweated like a pig today, but it was all good.

B

Summertime is here. Took the dog on an afternoon walk(5 miles) at a local state park. When I got in I was totally drenched from head to toe in sweat. My dog enjoyed the lake though, walking in and laying down to cool off. Wish I had.

This morning I plan to play golf and then do some house work. Still cleaning out stuff from my mom's old house. Might do a little painting too.

Wow, MartyP, I hope you get some rain! Wildcat Canyon looked so brown. I haven't seen it in 45 years, but I don't recall it looking so parched and brown. But then, maybe my memories are hazy due to all the years between then and now. It is a spectacularly lovely area, though, and I am glad you enjoyed your hike there. Thanks for sharing your video.

Today I will be engaged in SSDD (Same Stuff Different Day). I didn't want to sleep all day, so I awakened to my birdsongs alarm clock. It is a gym day (we go on MWF), and I lift weights at the gym. After we are done at the gym, we will eat lunch out, usually splitting something healthy, and then spend the rest of the afternoon together. We will probably go on a pleasure drive if weather permits. Then home, and enjoying my solitude this evening doing whatever I want to do. I love retirement! :D

Spent an hour out in the front yard last night, 11 - 12. I was watching for the rocket launch from Wallops Island, but they scrubbed it. I'll be out there again tonight. hopefully it will still be clear and beautiful.

I launched my boat today :dance: I had the lake almost entirely to myself, so I opened it up to 41 mph on "smooth as glass" water. I have a need for speed :LOL: and I have a 190 HP I/O engine on board to satisfy that urge. Zooooooommm!

I spent a few hours cleaning the bow and dashboard with Collonite pre-wax cleaner. I'll finish up the remainer of the inside on the next visit. I set the bow and spring lines like a true engineer, building redundancy into the system. My fellow boaters laugh at my dock line system, but so what? If one line breaks, there is always a backup. :D

We are supposed to get rain for the next 2 days, so I'm glad I got her launched.

Dinner was lasagna, made and frozen back in December. Yum yuuuummmmmm

Last edited:
About fifteen years ago, we (with three kids) visited Niagara Falls and then drove on to Quebec City for a few days. DH and i vowed to re-visit, once the kids had flown the coop. Both places had such a romantic edge to them.

Need to work that jaunt in....while that romantic aura still might mean something. ;)

I went to Cunningham Falls State Park in the Catoctin Mountains in Maryland. Love that area and there were very few people there.

Bike ride for an hour in the morning......walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes in the afternoon......had a few beers to recover from the positive behavior......In the middle of a terrible cold/flu/man flu that my wife brought back from the UK last week....light headed.....or is that the beer?

Just watched the launch at Wallops Island. Pretty cool. They got it off the ground this time. It was a Black Brant XII suborbital sounding rocket. I'm about 30 miles away, so it was pretty bright. I think next time they launch one of the big Antares rockets I'll go down to get the full experience.

I am in Oahu with my daughter this week. Wrote to ER members Cliffp and Nords for restaurant recommendations on the island. Tried a couple of those places this week. Today we went to Hanauma Bay to snorkel. All in all a great day and a very relaxing week.

Took in an 8 year-old blind foster kitty yesterday. She is amazingly laid back and composed. She acclimatized instantly and seems to want to do little else other than sleep and purr. She will make an excellent old person's companion - unless I fall in love with her first :LOL:

Worked on the truck camper, getting read for our Alaska excursion next week: upgraded the shower, installeda generator tray on back, modified the dining table, and worked on building a back porch. Seven days to launch.

DW and I went out to lunch at a place where we had gone on one of our first dates some 40 years ago. Still there, still with the same decor (mid-century waterfront...). Just a nice lunch.

Oh, and there's a ham radio store two blocks away, so I had to stop there and bore DW for a little while while I blew my budget. ;-)

DW and I went out to lunch at a place where we had gone on one of our first dates some 40 years ago. Still there, still with the same decor (mid-century waterfront...). Just a nice lunch.

Wow, that's pretty rare. Last time I was in Williamsburg (VA) DW and I were planning to have dinner at the place were we got engaged lo these 35 years ago. Not only wasn't it there anymore, but no one in the new place even remembered it. So we ended up eating a mediocre steak dinner in a building that sat in the same geographical location as our former seafood restaurant. Just call me Mr. Romance.

It's raining so my outdoors projects have slowed to a crawl.
Attached pics are from the annual French & Indian War reenactment that we have locally.

Got to get me one of those cannons!

Attachments

• IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    682.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    757.7 KB · Views: 5
I watched and listened to Mr B on the phone talking to his clients, their attorney and the IRS. Better him than me...:nonono:

It rained ALL day :(, so I unpacked and fired up our new RONCO 5000 rotisserie. I put 2 whole chicken leg quarters in the included basket accessory and set it for 1 hour.
Oh man...was that chicken good! :smitten:
Next I'll be playing with steaks and duck and all sorts of cool stuff. I wonder how a whole onion and sweet bell pepper halves, marinated in Italian salad dressing for a day, would taste. Woooooo...:cool:

Tomorrow I am going on a road trip to my friends' Lake Ontario beach camp. :dance:

The wife and I own a farm/vacation home. I've been here since Thursday solo. ..been working on the house and in between the downpours ... mowing the fields. I took the tractor over to a neighbor's shop to have an attachment repaired and then had to take a run to the tractor parts store for some parts. They're predicting rain for the next few days. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom