what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantom Day

My road trip was cancelled due to weather, so I am transplanting the final round of tomato and pepper seedlings to bigger pots.

Mr B is gone to the tax office, so I am playing the Phantom of the Opera CD I found amongst my widower friends' CDs. He declared it Chick Music and said take it away.

I was lucky enough to see the Phantom in Toronto many moons ago. Twice for good measure. ;)

Crawford and Brighton do it best. I have the stereo cranked up to the max. :LOL:

The Phantom of the Opera - Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman - YouTube

Next up for Chick Music Day is

Il Divo at the Colisseum,
Best of Jazz Saxophones, and
Cirque du Soleil Mystere (I saw that live in Vegas).

:cool:

I wonder if the veggie plants are enjoying the tunes.
The dog certainly has a funny look on his face. :LOL:

Last edited:
Walked the pooch at the local state park and found five bucks. Well, actually found it after it had been mowed. Think the bank will exchange it?

Attachments

• 5DollaBill.jpeg
    5DollaBill.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 4
Today is a busy day...housework, cat brushing, one client, then taking DH for his PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) procedure on his ankle, and then make dinner! Thank God I am caught up on business laundry...next three days are booked with clients!

We went to see the mountain laurel blooming. We have a local laurel festival in a couple of weeks but by then the blossom will be gone. Not a good show this year. I guess because of the frost.

DW found this little bugger on the blooms. It is a hummingbird moth.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 12
Worked...again...:( Today, I spent a couple million dollars of taxpayer money buying hardware for DoD. Sure wish I was getting paid on commission.

Walked the pooch at the local state park and found five bucks. Well, actually found it after it had been mowed. Think the bank will exchange it?

Tape it together & either spend it at a convenience store or take it to the bank. I've spent taped-together money plenty of times. I always thought the bank was obligated to exchange it for you, but I could be wrong.

Worked...again...:( Today, I spent a couple million dollars of taxpayer money buying hardware for DoD. Sure wish I was getting paid on commission.

+1

I always marveled that the vendors for old megaconglomocorp were the ones driving Beemers and wearing Italian suits.

I'm too much of an introvert to be in sales, not too mention having a very low GASQ (give-a-sh!t quotient)...

Excellent mountain hike with amazing lake views, followed by coffee and camaraderie. ER is good!

Watched it rain all day, took a nap, folded a small load of laundry, made dinner, and now just surfing the Web while Mr B watches the Red Sox game.

I have 3 consecutive volunteer days coming up (Fri-Sun) at a decent size Vietnam Vets Gathering in upstate NY. I'm the new kid on the crew, so I will be a floater and go-fer for the regular volunteers. My primary j*b will be restocking the beer coolers for the bartenders, inside in air conditioning. :cool:
And anything else that pops up. I am looking forward to the exercise. :)

Mr B continues to w*rk the project he has been grinding away at...he keeps me updated on his discovery phase of the tax treatment regarding trusts, so I am learning by default. I have a Revocable Living Trust in place, so I am very interested in the information.

A car rally, in which teams of friends followed cryptic clues over a 60 km journey up hill and down dale, ending with a picnic at a (new to me) delightful winery with gorgeous gardens and scenic views. The weather was perfect. We had a ball!

:dance:

Last edited:
A car rally, in which teams of friends followed cryptic clues over a 60 km journey up hill and down dale, ending with a picnic at a (new to me) delightful winery with gorgeous gardens and scenic views. The weather was perfect. We had a ball!

:dance:

You are having just too much fun in retirement !:)

Went to Hagerstown city park and fine arts museum, then to see an old friend to had moved a few hours away when he got engaged, then moved back when he got disengaged. We just sat on the back porch for a couple of hours and chatted and played with his cats.

Attachments

• Rosa_and_Tater-10.jpg
    Rosa_and_Tater-10.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Rosa_and_Tater-12.jpg
    Rosa_and_Tater-12.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Rosa_and_Tater-8.jpg
    Rosa_and_Tater-8.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 8
  • Rosa_and_Tater-15.jpg
    Rosa_and_Tater-15.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Rosa_and_Tater-7.jpg
    Rosa_and_Tater-7.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 8
Leongs, that sounds wonderful - tell me about it. I'll be moving from the Bay Area to further up north at retirement and lavender is a big fav of mine.

Gave the cat a bath in the kitchen sink with some natural flea shampoo. She got one last Sunday too. It's probably my imagination but she almost seemed to enjoy all the scrubbing and scratching around her neck and chest and tail. No meowing at all and she barely resisted.

Fleas have been a battle. We barely had a winter (even for us in the Tampa area) and it has been hot and humid. I also gave her some flea medicine last Sunday which really helped her as she was doing a lot of scratching. I'm always concerned about the side effects of the medicine but she needed some relief and the medicine began to work almost immediately.

When she gets dry, she is so silky soft. Also, lots of hair is shed in the process which is a bonus!

Went to see Great Gatsby and Star Trek this past week. Both were most enjoyable, definitely to be seen on the big screen and not wait for the home version.

I have been wallowing in hedonism this past week. Specifically, the new video game "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" was released a week ago today, and I have been spending a lot of time playing it. This involves in-game fishing, bug catching, swimming, and shopping, as well as designing clothes, paying my in-game mortgages, decorating my home, and getting to know my animal neighbors in the game, and even building a bridge.

Went to see Great Gatsby and Star Trek this past week. Both were most enjoyable, definitely to be seen on the big screen and not wait for the home version.

We watched the Redford/Farrow Gatsby on Amazon Video the same day we saw the DiCaprio/Mulligan version (in 3d yet). Really really interesting compare and contrast discussion followed.

We watched the Redford/Farrow Gatsby on Amazon Video the same day we saw the DiCaprio/Mulligan version (in 3d yet). Really really interesting compare and contrast discussion followed.
That's an experiment. I should try that some time.

I've seen two films in 3D so far, and haven't found my comfort level yet.

That's an experiment. I should try that some time.

I've seen two films in 3D so far, and haven't found my comfort level yet.

DH (he's very visual) wanted the 3D and loved it. I hated it and thought it added nothing to the film and even diminished it (I could see 3D for Avatar or another fantasy world, but it was gimmicky for this). To complete the trilogy DH had just reread the book so was able to annotate both films' adherence to Fitzgerald's work. It was a day of overanalysis :).

On one of our early dates in 1972 we saw The Godfather and The Last Picture Show back to back on the same day I took the written foreign service exam. An Excedrin headache day from many perspectives.

Today we will see a forgettable movie, The Internship, which surely will be just as good or bad on the small screen.

And I've spent this morning enjoying my sleepy little dog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom