what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image-1095364432.jpg

Celebrating retirement in New Orleans, went to the Zoo. It was a beautiful day here, 60's/bright & sunny.

Attachments

• image-3524072115.jpg
    image-3524072115.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 14
Youngest kitty woke me at 6:30am for food.
It rained all morning. Cycled to market in afternoon for groceries and for lunch out.

Spent rest of afternoon napping with kitties on top of me. They are like little heaters that run on cat food.

Heaven :)

Sounds like my day. :)

After attending a number of social events for the past 2 days, I decided to have a lazy day at home with DW and the cats.

Last edited:
Cold & light snow yesterday. Played with the computer & camera, watched a photography video, TV, threw out some old books, not much else.

Hope this winter is over soon.

Going stir crazy with the winter weather, so decided to put staring out the window to good use.

GBBC | Great Backyard Bird Count

Launched in 1998 by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and National Audubon Society, the Great Backyard Bird Count was the first online citizen-science project to collect data on wild birds and to display results in near real-time.

Woke Up, Got out of Bed, put the coffee ond, had a cup, did not make the bed, put the boots on and shovelled 2.5 inches of snow from driveway and walkway brushed off the cars. Made breakfast, a yummy veggie omelet. Did a load of wash, did the crossword, did the word jumble, thought about lunch, made lunch folded the wash. played word with friends with neighbor. Starting to plan dinner. I am tired maybe a nap?

Went to the gym with DW.

Deposited the check from a cashed-out small IRA from my last job (rolled over from 401k). Supplementing the pension this will last about 9 months. All part of the plan to put off SS a couple/three more years.

Got the title/lien release in the mail for the Honda Accord we bought last November and made two payments on. That last payment was a bit largish.

image-328071866.jpg

Early morning coffee and beignets, then video poker & more coffee @ Harrahs. BBQ Shrimp and Caesar salad at Ruth Chris.

Walked around the block (a little more than 1/2 mile) for the first time since I fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago. If it wasn't cold, I would have done it a few days earlier. I haven't gone down the stairs with only socks on since the fall and I am not planning on trying that again!

Transerred my $4/mo HSA to a free one (elfcu). They needed a form filled out (PDF) and implied that I should email it (with ssn in the clear), but I faxed a jpg of the form (faxzero).

Other than that, I'm just staring out the window watching snow fall, which we rarely get to do here.

I emailed some friends, did the housework so the place looked lovely and tidy and inviting, went to the doctor for a routine blood test, sat on my deck overlooking the harbour and hills and had a cup of herbal tea, stroked the cat, went for a one hour walk up in the hills - fantastic! - read "Notes on a Scandal" sitting in the sun, made a pot of stew for tea, watched "Ripper Street" with DH, and went to bed.

Watched Olympics all day...

Me too.

I was at the Boonville, NY VFW and was told that a local lady, supported by friends and family of barely any means, progressed with her training through local fundraisers of all sorts, was formally trained in Lake Placid NY, and made her country PROUD

BRONZE!!!

Walt Disney was right...dreams do come true...when we have the courage to pursue them. Erin Hamlin has the courage.

"It's going to take a little while to sink in," Hamlin said. "I was the first American woman to win at worlds, so to be able to do this, I'm hopefully paving the way for future generations of female lugers in the U.S."

This is the stuff that makes America great. :)

Please stand and cheer for Erin Hamlin from Remsen NY.
WOW...WOW...WOW

http://www.nbcolympics.com/wktv/news/erin-hamlin-breaks-50-year-us-drought-singles-luge

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Last edited:
Post #2 du jour...
I woke up with the most wonderful guy in the world...Mr B (of Boston).
It's OK that he's a Red Sox fan. Sometimes...:bat:

We are planning a simple at home dinner for Valentines' Day. Surf and Turf.
He cooks, I provide the entertainment. The 3rd course remains a mystery.

Try to order that in a restaurant :cool:

heeheeheee...>:D

Last edited:
Went to the tax man and got some very good news, both about last year and looking ahead ... seems I overestimated our taxes in retirement planning. Better that, than the opposite...

Post #2 du jour...
I woke up with the most wonderful guy in the world...Mr B (of Boston).
It's OK that he's a Red Sox fan. Sometimes...:bat:

We are planning a simple at home dinner for Valentines' Day. Surf and Turf.
He cooks, I provide the entertainment. The 3rd course remains a mystery.

Try to order that in a restaurant :cool:

heeheeheee...>:D

Not everyone will like this one. But I was raised on showtunes. This is from Normal As Blueberry Pie.

I'm as corny as Kansas in August.

http://youtu.be/Ijh5n6Q7SW4

Went to the gym with DW.

Took a folder of material for the tax preparer for FIL's tax return. A lot of stuff happened last year, including selling the house, donating the car to Purple Heart (it needed more in repairs than it was worth) liquidating all assets in preparation for the Medicaid application and the like. Quite a pile of documents and of course we missed a few so we'll have to mail or deliver some more.

Filled the gas tank on the snow thrower. The forecast is for about a foot of snow tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom