what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found another massage therapist to volunteer to do free massages for the workers of a Hospice center....Yay!
Did some more research for volunteering opportunities.
Scheduled my monthly massage appointment.
Updated my calendars.
Get ready to go see my Life Coach.
Eat, relax, do laundry, and go to a meeting later on :)
Good good day!

A day of rest...chilly outside and various body parts need a break after yesterday's projects.
Goofing off surfing here and elsewhere. :D
Making homemade lasagna for dinner and freezing. The sauce has been cooking all AM.
Mmmmmmmmmmm...what an aroma. :smitten:
Getting ready to assemble the ingredients and create a masterpiece.

Cut down a large hemlock tree. Storm about a month ago broke it off at about 30 feet up and the upper part was leaning into other trees. Measured 20" diameter where I cut it. Not bucking it yet. Some guy says he wants to carve part of it into a giant pickle.

Free to canoe

Returned from rainy NYC in a very bumpy airplane .NYC was a fun time but it's good to back in sunny Florida.

Returned from rainy NYC in a very bumpy airplane .NYC was a fun time but it's good to back in sunny Florida.

I am so jealous....all we have had is rain for the last week....and more rain for the rest of the week in NJ!

Went to the farmers' market: beef roast, chicken, eggs, spinach, asparagus, Florida tomatoes.

The neighbor tilled the garden.

Heavy rain, good thing I didn't use clothesline this morning.

Washing machine needs to be replaced fairly soon.

A day of rest, Part II, the sequel, the encore, second run, ditto...:cool:
It's nicer outside today, however I am still giving various body parts a break after Monday's powerwash marathon. My hands are not happy. :mad:
Dedicating Hump Day to just plain goofing off. :D
All this talk of fresh asparagus ("KHAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!" a la Wrath of...) is making me wish for mine to come up sooner. ;)

Installed additional shelving in the master bedroom closet and the kitchen pantry, finished cleaning the back porch and deck in preparation for waterproofing. DW has another four shelves for me to install. Said something about how it's nice to see the floor again....

Dang weather - going to be rainy all week, can't take the motorcycle out.

A day of rest, Part II, the sequel, the encore, second run, ditto...:cool:
It's nicer outside today, however I am still giving various body parts a break after Monday's powerwash marathon. My hands are not happy. :mad:
Dedicating Hump Day to just plain goofing off. :D
All this talk of fresh asparagus ("KHAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!" a la Wrath of...) is making me wish for mine to come up sooner. ;)

"This is the dawning of the age of asparagus..."

I saute it with a bit of ghee.

Asparagus has been high here lately in Ca like 3.99 a lb. We had a brief period of some cheap stuff. Kinda thick and woody. :( Ill wait for the CA stuff to be in the markets. Cheap and tender which I love. Throw on the grill bing bang done. :)

Wished I was there with Kanh, and Walt34 enjoying some rain! Here, it's hot, it's windy,
and dry! Looking to the north, I see brown skies from the Santa Barbara fires. Its so beautiful up there. Hoping the weather changes (not likely).

Oh what I did today :LOL:

My wonderful MIL and FIl took us out to the nursery. We got all their veggies and ours to plant. Put in a nice garden for them and a small one for us. Thai Dragon peppers Im looking forward too :D For a bit of sweat and labor I got a great lunch and some attaboys. Good day in all :) That and a Black Widow crawled across my hand and didn't bite me. Guess it was a good and LUCKY day.

:eek:
Oh, how I hate flying through turbulence.....I am a white knuckle flyer!
At least you are safely home.

Tonight was special. Attended a major awards dinner as someone who works for me had been nominated. Guess what: she WON! We are SO proud of her!

Woke up at the ungodly hour of 0500. Since daybreak at 0520, finished tea. Then went outside to plant Mr. Lincoln. DW got one as consolation for having left the old one at the old house.

Now off to the Y for an unusually early workout, sauna, then breakfest at the greasy spoon. The rest of the day, who knows, I'm sure I'll find something to amuse.

Oh, Mr. Lincoln, it is a rose by another name. Splendid aroma when in bloom.

Mr. Lincoln is a wonderful, classic rose of a deep, rich red color and an aroma to die for. I adore roses and maybe I will design and plant another rose garden in ER. Or not! There are so many things that I am looking forward to doing. If I don't, I'll buy myself a dozen roses every month.

Now that my paperwork is filed, all I have to do is to survive the last six months - - stress and work avalanche is through the roof right now. Hopefully things will start winding down this fall, but whether they do or not I'm outta here in November and by gosh, they can take their job and....(oops) :blush::whistle:

...Now that my paperwork is filed, all I have to do is to survive the last six months - - stress and work avalanche is through the roof right now. Hopefully things will start winding down this fall, but whether they do or not I'm outta here in November and by gosh, they can take their job and....(oops) :blush::whistle:
YAY!!! :clap::clap::clap:
You now have the "mind set" of a retiree (a.k.a. I'm outta here :greetings10:).
It will be interesting to see how your attitude transforms as time marches on to zero hour. Would you be interested in starting a thread for annotating this? It may help others who are also on the short countdown, or hemming and hawing about "the decision".
I chose a 6 week time delay between notification letter and departure. Those were 6 sweet weeks and truly helped me come to closure on the whole thing.
Oh, and BTW, exactly which orifice were you referencing? ;)

Today, I lost one of the things dear to me.

A molar, number 14 to be exact, to periodontal infection.

It was all my fault. I thought I had good teeth. Very few cavities, and no false teeth. Until now.

I have been neglecting the 6-month cleanings, and assumed that daily flossing, brushing, and using the Waterpik was enough. When an infection flared up a month ago, my dentist prescribed an antibiotic to stop the infection. Today, when I came back for a follow up, expecting a root canal procedure, he said the tooth couldn't be saved and that the infection would be recurring. Remembering that a cousin of my wife died due to a festering tooth infection that spread to his heart valves, I consented to have the tooth pulled. It was a strong tooth that did not come off easily during extraction.

After taking a nap, I am now up and just ate a light lunch. I feel a bit bluer than usual. Can't think of a sad song to appropriately mourn the loss of a molar. If someone knows one, please post it. It does not have to be in French either.

It was all my fault. I thought I had good teeth. Very few cavities, and no false teeth. Until now.

I have been neglecting the 6-month cleanings, and assumed that daily flossing, brushing, and using the Waterpik was enough. When an infection flared up a month ago, my dentist prescribed an antibiotic to stop the infection. Today, when I came back for a follow up, expecting a root canal procedure, he said the tooth couldn't be saved and that the infection would be recurring. Remembering that a cousin of my wife died due to a festering tooth infection that spread to his heart valves, I consented to have the tooth pulled. It was a strong tooth that did not come off easily during extraction.

After taking a nap, I am now up and just ate a light lunch. I feel a bit bluer than usual. Can't think of a sad song to appropriately mourn the loss of a molar. If someone knows one, please post it. It does not have to be in French either.

Oh wow, NW-Bound, I am so sorry to hear that. I thought I lost a molar once but my dentist was somehow able to save it (installed the posts and built up a new tooth around them, relieving me of considerable $$$ in the process). But until he did his magic, I felt so awful, almost as though I had lost a limb. So, I can relate.

I'll bet that you will be a lot happier even with a bridge, if you can get one. A lot of the sense of loss can be alleviated by getting rid of the gap.

Last edited:

...Can't think of a sad song to appropriately mourn the loss of a molar. If someone knows one, please post it. It does not have to be in French either.
You did a very smart thing today. I hope you feel better soon. :flowers:
This is not quite what you asked for, but I think the ladies will make you smile.
YouTube - The Fairies- Twinkle the Tooth Fairy

Now that my paperwork is filed, all I have to do is to survive the last six months....
Want2, six months sounds so close! You’re getting there.:flowers:

Today was one of the happiest days of my life. I got in line at city hall with some happy folks applying for marriage licenses and completed one last work-related errand; my commission expired and I turned in by books. Now if anyone wants to check my records, they have to go to city hall; I’m free, free, free!:D I’ve never been so happy to pay a $13 filing fee.

Attachments

• IMG_4987.jpg
    IMG_4987.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.