what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, not me...:LOL:

But I have made some changes. I'd quit smoking a long time ago, don't need to lose weight (5'9", 147 lbs this morning) and exercise regularly. Doc says my cholesterol levels are already well below most people's, borderline being too low. The diet could use some improvement though fortunately not too drastic.

But I'm sure gonna miss pepperoni, ham, bacon and double cheese pizzas. Sniff, sniff.

Walt, it sounds like you are in pretty damn good shape. Plenty of us need to lose quite a few pounds. I walk 3 miles a day and go to the gym but it's that daily loaf of bread and sack of potatoes that gets to me.

Milestone this saturday... it will be a year since I quit smoking (after 42 years of puffing away)... it might still be the cause of my demise at some point, but I do feel great now.

No people or vehicle was harmed in the trailering of this boat. First time for us to trailer and tow her. Took her in minor engine issue. Hopefully, she'll be back in the water early next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 18
Milestone this saturday... it will be a year since I quit smoking (after 42 years of puffing away)... it might still be the cause of my demise at some point, but I do feel great now.

Congratulations, it's not easy to quit. Believe it or not, it gets even better. Your post made me realize this Sunday will be 14 years for me. I really have to stop sometimes and think, yes I used to smoke.

Wonderful news! Congratulations and keep it up.
I've known a few people who fell off the wagon after a year or so (found themselves among smokers at a party or a bar, and tried one just for old time's sake). Don't let that happen to you.

I quit 41 years ago, going from 45 cigarettes a day to zero, so I know just exactly how big a deal it is.

What I did today:

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1407955542.167765.jpg

Zoo photos

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

No people or vehicle was harmed in the trailering of this boat. First time for us to trailer and tow her. Took her in minor engine issue. Hopefully, she'll be back in the water early next week.

I'm relieved to hear the possible murder you had predicted did not come to pass. What about the hilarity? :D:LOL:

I'm relieved to hear the possible murder you had predicted did not come to pass. What about the hilarity? :D:LOL:

Ha! No hilarity... we were quite pleased that we worked well together...so much so, that we toasted each other's work with a shot of tequila last night!

Went to Berkeley Springs, WV for lunch with DW at a Mom 'n Pop diner, we each had salads. $20 with generous tip for the waitress who was no doubt the owner's daughter. Walked around, wandered into the Museum of Berkeley Springs and noted among other things a giant crystal.

Attachments

• Berkeley_Springs-1.jpg
    Berkeley_Springs-1.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Berkeley_Springs-2.jpg
    Berkeley_Springs-2.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Berkeley_Springs-3.jpg
    Berkeley_Springs-3.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 16
Went to Berkeley Springs, WV for lunch with DW at a Mom 'n Pop diner, we each had salads. $20 with generous tip for the waitress who was no doubt the owner's daughter. Walked around, wandered into the Museum of Berkeley Springs and noted among other things a giant crystal.

Always get the best food at the mom-and-pop diners...

We have had family in town and been playing tour guide for the past week. Yesterday was paddle boarding and kayaking at the lake. Today was the alpine slide and going to the hot springs. It's been a fun week!

Poopologists to rescue.

Went for a walk this morning, after doing a few errands. There's a wakeboard park nearby; often fun to stop and take photos from the fence line. Kind of risky though - these guys see a camera come out and they start hot dogging. The guy in this photo was no spring chicken, either lol.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1408049707.719644.jpg

I went out to run a few errands. DW asked me to pick up some clothes hangers, there's a Container Store nearby so I stopped in. They have every possible color, looked them over and asked myself "what color do we need?", saw my favorite color and bought a box of purple hangers. Go figure - I thought she'd be happy.

Had our septic tank pumped.

The excitement never stops at your place....

It wasn't much better here. Gym day, I'm almost back to full bore and feeling great.

Spent an hour and a bit trying to figure out why the wireless network stopped working, only to learn that I didn't even need to have a separate wireless router. There's one built into the DSL modem!:facepalm:

It's been here for several years and at the time I didn't pay attention to it since we had only the one computer. Simply removing the unneeded element and setting up the other fixed all.

Played with the new small graphics tablet I got for the notebook computer. If you like playing with graphics Wacom makes some neat stuff.

Had our septic tank pumped.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get this done before winter. Weird thing is - I accidentally ran a sprinkler line directly over the tank access panel. So I need to take out a small section of sprinkler line every time it gets pumped

Took my car to the dealer for wild, erratic warning messages concerning the brakes, ABS, and JSC. Got it fixed and got out of there for $0.00, NOTHING. What luck!

(Yeah, OK, I screwed up and missed a recall...). :duh: Possibly our time would have been better spent pumping out a septic tank.

The excitement never stops at your place....
Oh. For a second there I thought you said "excrement"...

I accidentally ran a sprinkler line directly over the tank access panel. So I need to take out a small section of sprinkler line every time it gets pumped

I'll trade ya. I spent the past several days (OK, 2-3 hours early every morning this past week) clearing out trees and brush that had overgrown the path to our septic system so the pump truck could gain access. Cutting the stuff was the easy part. But dragging all of it 75 yards behind the house to my burn pile was some serious work. :p

Oh. For a second there I thought you said "excrement"...

I'll trade ya. I spent the past several days (OK, 2-3 hours early every morning this past week) clearing out trees and brush that had overgrown the path to our septic system so the pump truck could gain access. Cutting the stuff was the easy part. But dragging all of it 75 yards behind the house to my burn pile was some serious work. :p

Whoa! That's a lot of work. Mine is just in front of the house in the lawn. But I feel your pain with the burn pile. I have 3 of them drying out out now after the recent storm

Had lunch with a ex co-worker and friend, just doing some catching up and he mentions a job opening that needs my talents as a Senior IT person, he asked me to send my resume to him later today. Don't understand, I have gotten several calls, emails, and invitations to lunch, this week, to talk to me about jobs that are open and I need to look at, they are offering good money (first thing I ask), but I really am not interested, but I don't want to hurt their feels and burn bridges with friends.

Ha! No hilarity... we were quite pleased that we worked well together...so much so, that we toasted each other's work with a shot of tequila last night!

My husband and I had to switch roles in loading and unloading our car trailer and parking in the garage. He use to always be the one driving and have me direct him. Only problem was, even though there were no accidents and vehicle was parked correctly, he wouldn't listen or watch hand signs. It took a long time to move the vehicles. I suggested we switch roles, I drive and he directs. We get the job done usually on the first try. I listen! lol

We went to a show last night to hear "New Flamenco". An excellent performance. DW had some moments of cognitive dissonance, saying when she shut her eyes it sounded like a classic flamenco guitarist from Spain but it was being played by a "tall skinny white guy from Canada". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom