what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's dentus interruptus of my scheduled goof-off day is now proceeding today.
Raining here, so I am self-excused from yard w*rk or lawnmowing. :LOL:
Chinese buffet awaits me. I ate very little yesterday, so look out wonton soup and shrimp in lobster sauce and chicken with broccoli and CA roll sushi and roasted pork and Singapore spicy noodles and...
The trick is to take just a small taste of each dish. :D
Off to see the Wizard...

Went to see lifecoach....we talked about the possibility of going into business for myself upon graduation instead of working at a massage envy.....scary stuff.
Getting laundry done for clinics tonight.
Set up a couple more private clients.

Just got back from Orlando . We went to see the Blue Man Group yesterday . It is a fun show to see once .Then we checked out City Walk at Universal , lots of restaurants and shops . Orlando is fun to visit but it is sensory overload so it was nice to return to peaceful Sarasota.

Wow, how do all you get off lounging around all day? I've been hitting the bricks early every day for the last week. Lots of trips to the garden store and piles of plants and piles of bags of mulch.

Doing a little updating on the landscaping around the house, it's only been 24 years. :rolleyes:

It's back to the garden store tomorrow to stimulate the economy again. :D

A few pictures of the progress.:flowers:

Fantastic garden!

Work (what else) but took some time off to add a new asset class to the old portfolio: gold.

Work (what else) but took some time off to add a new asset class to the old portfolio: gold.

Taking time off? Then, it cannot be an ETF but physical gold. Some maple leaf coins?

Taking time off? Then, it cannot be an ETF but physical gold. Some maple leaf coins?

Certificate. No markup for the artistry, gold spot price, minimal extra costs, CAD is up vs. USD today.

Here in the US, my gold-bug friends like physical gold coins as they can be hidden (buried?) and supposedly not tracked by the gummint. :whistle:

Does your certificate say "madoff" on it? :D

Ignored the lousy rainy weather and went downtown for lunch. Went to the neighborhood Italian place for provolone, hots, and fresh bread and had a "Southwest" chicken sandwich.
Talked with 2 former co-w*rkers, both engineers, who were happy to see me. I also saw a table of admin/clerical former co-w*rkers, got a few smiles and waves :greetings10: but little else. Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised. Envy is a terrible disease. :whistle:
Goofed off for the rest of the PM online. I almost picked up Bogle's Enough book but decided it would probably be a downer.
So I passed. :nonono:
Getting ready to watch a Netflix movie when dh2b has finished his AW (after w*rk) nap. :D

Took digital photos of some [-]valuable[/-] stuff in the garage. Posted them on local Craigslist. Need to reduce clutter factor. Admired the greenery in front of house.

Got out of bed around 10:45 a.m. as I was up late last night from enjoying a blue's jam at a club. (no hangover, just drank draft beer) Pulled myself together and bought groceries. Signed on and off the forum several times today to annoy a couple of friends...:greetings10:

Putting together some Mexican food for supper.

It was a brilliant sun shiny day.....ahhh...bliss.

Its Saturday aftenoon here, DD woke me up at 8:00AM to chat about moving to SFO, worked on some emails from megacorp, blogged here, had breakfast with DW, read some, decided not go out as weatherman predicted rain, thinking now if I'm going to have a late lunch or an early dinner, I think I'l' get a hang of it quickly.

Turned down dinner and a movie last night, but cashed in my raincheck today.
Went to see Star Trek at a matinee, and got the hots over young Mr Spock all over again.
I really liked the actor who played him.
Va-va-vooooooooommmmmm. :cool:
Had dinner out at Red Lobster - wood-fire roasted lobster tail, shrimp, scallops and a baked tater.
Nice to treat ourselves to dinner out, a rare occurrence.

I am a doofus. :mad:

Tomorrow morning I am giving the keynote speech at a big conference in another city. I forgot to bring my memory stick with the Powerpoint. Instead of enjoying the conference this evening, I have spent four hours reconstructing my presentation. It's just not a subject that would lend itself to pure oratory.

Oh well. I think it will be a better presentation now anyhow!

I forgot to bring my memory stick with the Powerpoint.

A trick one can do is to E-mail the file to self before leaving. It would allow retrieval of the file even if one's memory stick gets lost, damaged, or stolen.

PS. This reminds me of nightmares I used to have of finding myself at an exam totally unprepared. It has been many many years since the last occurence though.

I am a doofus. :mad:

Tomorrow morning I am giving the keynote speech at a big conference in another city. I forgot to bring my memory stick with the Powerpoint. Instead of enjoying the conference this evening, I have spent four hours reconstructing my presentation. It's just not a subject that would lend itself to pure oratory.

Oh well. I think it will be a better presentation now anyhow!

Meadbh, I feel for you, BTDT, got the t-shirt etc etc. Glad you had the time to get it worked out/rebuilt before the speech.

R

Yikes Meadbh - not fun locked in your hotel room reconstructing your presentation while everyone else is enjoying themselves. I sympathize with you though - I've had "senior" moments like leaving my closing argument or case citations back in the office. Thank god for my assistant - she can scan, fax, courier, email stuff in a pinch. Wonder Woman, in my books.

Good luck with the speech. And enjoy the rest of your conference.

R

A trick one can do is to E-mail the file to self before leaving. It would allow retrieval of the file even if one's memory stick gets lost, damaged, or stolen.

PS. This reminds me of nightmares I used to have of finding myself at an exam totally unprepared. It has been many many years since the last occurence though.

In my last presentation to the CEO of megacorp, I had the presentation in the HDD, memory stick and I emailed myself both to my business and personal address. Don't trust myself no more, time to bail out.

In my last presentation to the CEO of megacorp, I had the presentation in the HDD, memory stick and I emailed myself both to my business and personal address. Don't trust myself no more, time to bail out.

Maybe its time...when you need a belt, suspenders, rope, and duct tape...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

R

PS: I resemble that remark...

Yesterday mowed my grass and helped a neighbor cut down 2 trees. Damn it was hot. Sore as heck right now. Wish it was time for Wed weigh ins, I would be closer to my goal.:-\

The speech was better because I had to rethink it. It was a hit!!!!
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

Now off for a well deserved minivacation!!!

Congrats for saving yourself at the last minute.

Is there a videotape to put on youtube?

About belt, suspenders, rope, and duct tape, airliners have for some time flown on triplex or even quadruplex redundant flight control systems. We would have a lot more crashes if that weren't the case.

It would be nice for an ER to have such redundant income sources. I can think such a system: pension, SS, 401k, and IRA. However, each by itself must be able to provide the income one needs, eg. 4% SWR. :whistle:

Oops, there is a gotcha. There is a thing called a common-mode failure, I think, that is sometimes overlooked by the aircraft designers. Many crashes happen because one failure of the above type can take out multiple systems, rendering the redundant systems simultaneously useless. I wonder what that could be for economic systems? Nah, perish the thought. :(

Spent today wondering if I'll wake up tomorrow. Or if I'll want to, apparently my 7th decade starts then.:(

I suppose, the upside is that my portfolio doesn't have to last as long as an 25 year old retiree's does.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom