what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binge watched House of Cards on Nerflix

Finally figured out my Time Warner box and stumbled on "Better Call Saul" and watched 4 straight episodes without moving. It is as good as "Breaking Bad", so far.

Bottled two cases of amber ale.

Finally figured out my Time Warner box and stumbled on "Better Call Saul" and watched 4 straight episodes without moving. It is as good as "Breaking Bad", so far.

You can watch it on the AMC iPhone/iPad app also ( if you subscribe to AMC ) on your cable provider

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yesterday I skied with DH and DD which is always fun. Today, lunch with a friend, probably hit the gym, and making a pot of soup.

The duchess of redduck and I went to see a play, "Dame Edna's Glorious Goodbye: The Farewell Tour". I don't particularly enjoy plays, but this one was entertaining. We go to 4-5 plays a year because that's the deal we made a long time ago--and I can't figure a way out of the verbal contract. Good thing for her I'm a good guy.

Working out my 'wish list' for a major kitchen remodel. The current kitchen is 28 years old, built with the finest contractor-grade particleboard appointments. Much of it is disintegrating. Heck, the wallboard is even delaminating, and I've never seen that before.

I'm playing around with layouts, features I want, things I don't want, and so on. I've got floorplans and lists. DW has us meeting with an interior designer Monday. An interior designer, and an INTJ retired engineer on the same project, in the same meeting.

What could possibly go wrong? :LOL:

I feel your pain. Literally.

Just got done tearing up two rooms of carpeting - or should I say tearing the carpeting out of two rooms. One more to go, then take up baseboard and go on a painting spree before the hardwood flooring arrive.

Already, I feel the pain...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

've got floorplans and lists. DW has us meeting with an interior designer Monday. An interior designer, and an INTJ retired engineer on the same project, in the same meeting.

What could possibly go wrong? :LOL:

The meeting actually went very well, aside from a minor cat attack when I relocated one nosy furball. The designer and I agreed on almost all items in my spec sheets, and appeared to like the scale drawings and measurements I already had. (Easy enough. They were on file, and used for previous projects like flooring.)

We'll see how this bids out.

Morning had the best massage of my life. Was suppose to have been 90 minutes but added another 30 minutes. Talked her into coming to the house 9:00am on Mondays for a 90 minute massage. Great way to start off the week. I love massages, which was why I lived in Thailand for 5 years until the pollution, coups, traffic, visa and girl headaches drove me out of there. Their tourism is way down so crime and begging is way up.

This afternoon had a Piano Life Saving System put on my two pianos because of the low humidity here. While that was being done, hired a lawn care company to take care of the yard, that start service on Friday.

Going to do a big donation dump tomorrow moving from a 5500 square foot house to 2600 square foot house is a major change and really wish that I was able to get into my storage before I had all this stuff shipped here. :nonono:

My gardening buddy and I continued the snow battle...he raked as much snow off the roof as he could reach with a very long aluminum snow rake.
I shaved the packed snow loose with a shovel and snowblowed the edges of the entrance of the driveway that the plow guy cannot get to properly.

We w*rk together very well. He is a 66 year young dude who is in excellent physical shape. I do what I can without hurting my hands. He understands that Mr B cannot do the heavy w*rk, and I can only do so much, so he has made it his mission to help us out.

It started snowing like hell while we were still doing battle.

I had no choice but to get out my best good luck charm for Spring to come soon. :D

Attachments

• FlamingoInSnowMarch2015.jpg
    FlamingoInSnowMarch2015.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Delivered and assembled the blueprint table at my former workplace. Turned a bowl on my lathe as a hostess gift for SIL. The bowl wood blank was a little wet, so I'll let it dry a month before I finish turning it and give it to her on Easter.

Got up at 5 am to shovel another 6" of snow. Went to that place where they give me money every two weeks.

Gym day. For once I just zipped through it, even adding weight on some machines because it was so easy and spinning up RPM on others. Why can't it be like that every day?

Went to the Y, then wasted time in the coffe shop.

Got up at 5 am to shovel another 6" of snow. Went to that place where they give me money every two weeks.

I can top that one. I was out at 2:45 yesterday shoveling and sweeping snow by moonlight. Cleared all the snow from in front of my place and swept all the snow off the subfloor on my new house. Also had to plow a couple miles of road and clear the snow off the stud walls and clear the snow off the tarps covering the wood piles. I had an appointment down in the city to get the Jeep serviced at 9:30 and wanted to leave by 7:30.

Stayed down in the flat lands for the night with friends. Just got back up here in the mountains in time for it to start snowing again. I will be doing the snow removal thing again in the morning, but not so early.

Hermit, I know you enjoy it, but wow that sounds like work to me! I wake up sometime between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM.

My credit card called me and started listing all these charges I did not authorize. Largest was $5550.87 to Apple and $1860.15 to Dell. They have to send me all the charges, I have to fill out of form to try to get them reversed in total there were 53 charges for $11,214.12. This is the second time (so far) this year this has happened. First time was New Year's Day (to start the year off right).

Fraudulent Charges

I can feel your pain and upsetment. My wife dropped her wallet/checkbook while we were traveling out of state just before Xmas. The people who found it had a very Merry Christmas going to Walmart, Lowes and even Walgreens. Fortunately several charges were declined--but purchases in the thousands were not. But to their credit, the bank and the credit card companies waived all charges against our accounts.

I had our credit frozen, new accounts done and even went with a dual subscription to Life Lock and Expedia. Unfortunately most of these low-life thieves are never brought to justice. Too far down on the crime totem pole, I guess.

We are set, but you never get over the violation!!!!

Good luck. prof12

Appreciate that prof12. That is the 3rd time since I have got back (in 11 months) from the States - nearly 6 years in Thailand, never had a problem. Bad thing is I have 11 bills on autopay that I am going to have to change. I have not been as lucky as you about getting charges waived. First hit was $2K, second hit was $1.8K and this looks like a $6K hit coming up. I guess I need to look into a credit card protection system when I get the new card tomorrow in the mail. Thank you again. Just got to keep chugging along and roll with the punches.

------------
My nephews (12 and 15) are coming down from ABQ on the train on Friday and want to go to the Monster Trucks this weekend - gulp. THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF MONSTER JAM - Event - El Paso, TX

Binged watched House of Cards, read a book from the library with my morning coffee, walked the dog, won a $5 gift certificate, bought two new to me books at a thrift shop for a dollar each and stockpiled wine, chocolate, biscottis and other goodies and groceries on sale at Grocery Outlet. The Grocery Outlet bill has the retail price of all the products on the receipt. I spent $123 and it would have cost $132 more at a Safeway type store. G.O. has been a good find for our ER budget.

I bought a bag of chocolate chips to melt in some candy molds for a DIY chocolate treat project.

DH and I went over our retirement budget and plan, happy to be staying on track so far.

Started doing some writing and watercoloring right after breakfast and completely lost track of time. Before I knew it, it was 5:00PM and I had forgotten to eat lunch! :LOL:.

We had the gym all to ourselves. Apparently no one else would drive there in 4" of snow. We probably wouldn't have either but I had a Dr. appointment a few blocks away so since we were out in it anyway....

So I guess the staff thinks we're true diehards for going to the gym in a snow storm. Either that or nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom