what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodi, I hope your sons heal well to be ready for that long European trip.

We climbed up the Astoria column. The view from the top of the surrounding was just beautiful: one could see across the Columbia River to the Washington State shore, and to the south Youngs Bay with Youngs River and Lewis and Clark River. The following photo is of Astoria downtown and the Astoria-Megler Bridge. There was no way to capture the 360-degree view.

That bridge induced my inner acrophobiac...

Rodi, I hope your sons heal well to be ready for that long European trip.

We climbed up the Astoria column. The view from the top of the surrounding was just beautiful: one could see across the Columbia River to the Washington State shore, and to the south Youngs Bay with Youngs River and Lewis and Clark River. The following photo is of Astoria downtown and the Astoria-Megler Bridge. There was no way to capture the 360-degree view.

Video?

Spent the afternoon in the ER. Haven't been able to catch my breath for the last couple days. Along with that my resting heart rate has been at 90 bpm. Anytime I walked up a flight of steps it would spike to 130. Those numbers aren't near normal for me.

Finally got concerned enough to have DW drive me out to ER. EKG, blood work, and chest x-ray and some Oxygen test. Gave me an IV with fluids and 1mg. Lorazpam. Suggested I was dehydrated, given the amount of water I drink, I have a hard time with that line of thinking.

Discharged with orders to see my PCP. Diagnosis written as "Heart pounding, shortness of breath and Sinus tachycardia". Geeze here I ignorantly thought the diagnosis would contain something I didn't tell them in triage(OK I had to google Sinus tachycardia, but it's what I said). I already had an appointment to see my PCP this Thursday. Guess I won't keel over till then. Or if I do DW can put what she collects in CDs, not have any worries.

Spent about a hour and a half this morning picking up litter along our rural road. Collected a whole bag and a half of litter, mostly beer and soft drink bottles and cans, water bottles, etc., but also a utility trailer sized tire and a rear bicycle tire. While I realize that some of it is unintentional, perhaps things that blew out of truck beds or whatever, I'm guessing that 90% of it is intentional. People are such pigs.

Then went to the trash/recycling center and stopped at the store and bought a nice 2" thick boneless rib-eye steak for grilling for dinner tonight.

Also, stopped in to see a jet ski lift with a canopy that someone had for sale and decided to buy it. I'll need to pick it up sometime next week.

Also got started in getting the docks ready to go in. They'll go in as soon as the ice totally clears from the lake, probably in a couple days and with DW and a neighbor's help, we pushed a boat lift we are selling to a neighbor over to his lot.

I'm bushed and having a beer while getting ready to watch the Kentucky Derby.

Yesterday afternoon took the RV out to a Corps of Engineers campground about an hour from home for a test night with DH's new power wheelchair. Beautiful spring weather - lots of Texas (Indian) Paintbrush and Pink Evening Primrose blooming. Saw several hummingbirds and captured a swallowtail on slo-mo video (recent feature on iPhone). Pretty cool. Today we were eating lunch at the picnic table and three butterflies landed on DH's sandwich - while he was eating!

Good news is that everything worked out well and we're ready for a multi-night trip. Maybe we'll even be able to work back up to a week or more (haven't done that since 2013).

Mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Made a run to Lowes for topsoil and mulch, and put it where needed. Replanted the rosemary that we brought in for the winter. Put the big potted lemon tree outside. Picked up from the yard all the detritus of a long winter -- sticks, old leaves, etc.

Just saw the first confirmed hummingbird of the year. I thought I'd heard a familiar crirp 2 days ago but saw nothing. DW thought she saw one buzz the feeder two days before that, but wasn't 100%. This one was on the feeder, then off to their favorite tree.

🐑

Spent the afternoon in the ER. Haven't been able to catch my breath for the last couple days. Along with that my resting heart rate has been at 90 bpm. Anytime I walked up a flight of steps it would spike to 130. Those numbers aren't near normal for me.

Finally got concerned enough to have DW drive me out to ER. EKG, blood work, and chest x-ray and some Oxygen test. Gave me an IV with fluids and 1mg. Lorazpam. Suggested I was dehydrated, given the amount of water I drink, I have a hard time with that line of thinking.

Discharged with orders to see my PCP. Diagnosis written as "Heart pounding, shortness of breath and Sinus tachycardia". Geeze here I ignorantly thought the diagnosis would contain something I didn't tell them in triage(OK I had to google Sinus tachycardia, but it's what I said). I already had an appointment to see my PCP this Thursday. Guess I won't keel over till then. Or if I do DW can put what she collects in CDs, not have any worries.

MRG, Geez take it easy until you see your doc.
I'm always surprised at what dehydration can do to your body. Wonder if that is what caused your condition?I'm pretty much dehydrated all the time. I'm never thirsty and go for hours without drinking or eating, even when I'm working out. I use to wake up almost every morning with a migraine. Doctors had me on meds and all kinds of diets because they said if you wake up with a migraine it's usually something you ate the day before. Turns out it's severe dehydration. I sometimes get sick from drinking what I consider too much water at one time....1/2 cup or so. Anyway I hope it's some easy solution for you. My migraines have almost gone away now that I know the cause. Still have a hard time remembering to drink.

Thanks splitwdw will do. I'm the opposite, always drinking water. No alcohol(anymore) 1 cup of coffee and 1 coke a week.

I'd guess I probably consume 16, 16oz. glasses of water a day. You gave me a great idea, I'll log how much water I'm actually consuming for my doc. Least he'll have facts vs. my perception. I'll do the same with my resting heart rate too.
Numbers are good. Thanks again.

MRG, sorry you had to spend an afternoon at the hospital. Hopefully more water will help and your doctor can rule out any other possible problems.

Today we took our puppy to a puppy play hour at the local pet store then stopped at Lowes for some garden supplies. We planted 90% of the garden today including onions, lettuce, spinach, kale, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, cantaloupe, basil, and carrots.

Tonight, I am relaxing with the heating pad. I forgot how many different muscles I could use to dig, fertilize, pull weeds, hoe, and plant.

MRG, sorry you had to spend an afternoon at the hospital. Hopefully more water will help and your doctor can rule out any other possible problems.

Today we took our puppy to a puppy play hour at the local pet store then stopped at Lowes for some garden supplies. We planted 90% of the garden today including onions, lettuce, spinach, kale, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, cantaloupe, basil, and carrots.

Tonight, I am relaxing with the heating pad. I forgot how many different muscles I could use to dig, fertilize, pull weeds, hoe, and plant.

MRG, how scary! Hopefully when you see your doctor in a few days, he will figure out what on earth could be causing all of this. :(

what did you do today?

Me? Oh, um, er... I made an offer on another amazing, incredible, outrageously perfect house. This one is even more perfect than the one [-]that got away[/-] that I offered on and didn't get last September.

:D:dance: My heart is all a-flutter, waiting to see if it will be accepted or not.

After I made the offer, F and I went out to celebrate. :) We'll celebrate again if it is accepted.

Went for a late afternoon stroll, and spent a little time with some of the local feral kitties.

original.jpg

WR2 sending good thoughts this home works out for you.

🐑

Me? Oh, um, er... I made an offer on another amazing, incredible, outrageously perfect house. This one is even more perfect than the one [-]that got away[/-] that I offered on and didn't get last September.

:D:dance: My heart is all a-flutter, waiting to see if it will be accepted or not.

After I made the offer, F and I went out to celebrate. :) We'll celebrate again if it is accepted.

Good luck on this one, W2R.

MRG - Take it easy and I hope the doctor has good news for you on your next appointment.

Reactions: W2R
I attended a free shredding event yesterday, organized by the public library and a state senator's office.

There have been good discussions here about personal shredders that I followed and bought one, influenced by the discussion (I bought a Fellowes).

But I had a lot, so I decided to check it out, armed with bankers boxes of stuff to destroy. I thought, "well, better bring coffee and be prepared to wait".

No such thing, I rolled in and out within minutes. Then I remembered Nixon wasn't in office anymore.

If you have a similar bulk shredding need, keep an eye out in local papers, radio, and so on. Banks/credit unions will have similar events, too.

MRG, good luck on getting this straightened out!

Dehydration is a strange condition. I am on a low carb diet (self inflicted) and the first week has me very dehydrated and drinking fluids a lot (but still seem to be dehydrated). Is your carb intake low? :confused:

I am keeping my lucky fingers crossed for your success on this bid, W2R! :dance:

Reactions: W2R
This AM DW and I went birding at the local park and afterward stopped by the owl platform that I built with a friend. Amazingly we bolted it to the tree in January, it had an owl sitting by March and 3 chicks by April.

Attachments

• P4150253B.jpg
    P4150253B.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 22
Great analogy.

...It seems that over many years I've accumulated 42 pairs of dark dress socks (black, brown, dark olive, grey, navy)... do I keep them all because I have a place for them or do I toss some (how many?) because I don't have a need for 42 pairs of dress socks?

...You have enough to present a sock puppet production of Les Miz. Staging it will keep you busy for hours.

I took your advice and staged Les Miz earlier this morning on my front lawn. It surprised me that so many people were not willing to show up for a
once-in-a-life time event such as this (which included a 15% discount for groups of 12 or more). Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start the show at at 5:30 AM.

Got to run now: the second show commences at 12:30 and the concession stand person has not yet returned to set up.

Last edited:
I took your advice and staged Les Miz earlier this morning on my front lawn. It surprised me that so many people were not willing to show up for a
once-in-a-life time event such as this (which included a 15% discount for groups of 12 or more). Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start the show at at 5:30 AM.

Got to run now: the second show commences at 12:30 and the concession stand person has not yet returned to set up.

Break a thumb, redduck!

I ran the Broad Street Run in Philadelphia. Ten miles straight down Broad Street with 40,000 others. This was my first time running Broad Street and I don't like crowds so I was a little apprehensive going in. But I managed to find enough personal space most of the time and it was a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom