what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday did bills, cleaned up around the house, put up the Halloween decorations (our neighborhood still has a good number of little kids and lots of houses still band together to put up the decorations), made dinner, then went to a beginner animal tracking class so I can become a volunteer for surveys and work my way up to be certified.

I had the cataract removed from my right eye, so now they are both done. The surgery went well, and everything is good. I should have had this done years ago.

Finished another novel from the library, will have to stop by there and pick up some more tomorrow.

Spent most of the day listening to a new audiobook of Vogon poetry readings.

You probably shouldn't look for me here tomorrow.

Activated my new replacement Fitbit (lost the first one).

Did some walking, cleaned workbench, walked the dog, balanced the checkbook, spent time here. Basically, just took it as it came.

DW and I are at the beach with two of my sons. We are about to go on a dolphin cruise then we will watch UM destroy their little brother (msu) @ 3:30! A seafood dinner then a walk on the beach with my family?

Have the day you deserve, and let Karma sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Went for a drive around the country side to see how harvest is going. It's just about finished; the last two crops (corn and sunflowers) are underway and will probably be finished by end of next week.

Changed the oil and transmission fluid in my car and rotated the tires this morning. Then went to lunch with the young wife. Painted my newly installed porch step when I got home.

Went new car shopping. Actually Jeep shopping - found the one I really liked at the 5th dealership visited over the last week, had been pre-approved through our credit union, credit score near the top. Salesman handed me the numbers and I just didn't want to part with my money bad enough. Walked away.

I feel better now! Like DW says, I got it out of my system.

Went new car shopping. Actually Jeep shopping - found the one I really liked at the 5th dealership visited over the last week, had been pre-approved through our credit union, credit score near the top. Salesman handed me the numbers and I just didn't want to part with my money bad enough. Walked away.

I feel better now! Like DW says, I got it out of my system.

I bought a new Jeep in 2013. (Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon) It cost a lot of money, but I needed something that would be dependable in the mountain back country all year around. It has worked great for me.

Oh, and BTW, its a lot of fun on the 4WD trails. :D Sometimes, ya just gotta figure you can't take it with ya!

Yesterday we went to a small zoo in Rising Sun, MD (I'd never heard of it either) with DW and assorted other family for her grandniece's 6th birthday party, delayed one week for weather. This involved a bit over two hours drive time each way for us, but we had a good time. I grossly underdressed for the 50° day with overcast and most of the time spent in the shade and by the end of the day was thoroughly chilled.

Today we just went to the gym and came back home.

Attachments

• zoo_visit-14.jpg
    zoo_visit-14.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 15
  • zoo_visit-15.jpg
    zoo_visit-15.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 14
  • zoo_visit-12.jpg
    zoo_visit-12.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 13
  • zoo_visit-17.jpg
    zoo_visit-17.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13
Yesterday I went on a full day beginner animal tracking class taught by the San Diego Tracking Team.

We went to a section off near Poway under some overpass bridges bordering the Penasquitos Creek watershed where lots of critters roam.

We spent the day crouching looking at animal tracks: woodrat, possum, raccoon, squirrel, snake, rabbit, dear, bobcat and even some insects that the instructors threw at us to confuse us (but all in fun).

VERY interesting. Now that I've completed the beginner class I can now go on their 'transects' for actual data survey collection in different SD areas.

Last edited:
Yesterday we went to a small zoo in Rising Sun, MD (I'd never heard of it either) with DW and assorted other family for her grandniece's 6th birthday party, delayed one week for weather. This involved a bit over two hours drive time each way for us, but we had a good time. I grossly underdressed for the 50° day with overcast and most of the time spent in the shade and by the end of the day was thoroughly chilled.

Today we just went to the gym and came back home.

We have such changeable Spring/Fall weather here that I have a small bag in the trunk with socks/long sleeved shirts/old windbreakers for the 2 of us...in todays world just about everyone has a set of spare clothes. These outfits have saved me more then once!

I bought a new Jeep in 2013. (Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon) It cost a lot of money, but I needed something that would be dependable in the mountain back country all year around. It has worked great for me.

Oh, and BTW, its a lot of fun on the 4WD trails. :D Sometimes, ya just gotta figure you can't take it with ya!

I was smitten by a Renegade Trailhawk, like the size, fuel mileage, and of course optioned up a bit to make it more suitable to our tastes. Decided to just keep tabs on incentives for now, and be prepared to deal if the stars align, but I don't think deals the likes of what I expect will ever become available. Under different circumstances it might be a better fit, but for now it just isn't far enough along on the want/need scale. Sweet little thing though, not sure if it is more Americanized Fiat, or Italianized Jeep?

Today, my church choir performed Franz Biebl's Ave Maria/Angelus Domini. I sang all three solos, and was one of the antiphonal trio. Edit to add: This is not my choir, just an example of the music (and a darned good one).

Last edited:
Amazing! Great job. I'd kill to be able to sing that well.

Edit: hmmm...that wasn't your choir, was it? If it was recorded, maybe you can post it. Still an beautiful piece of music.

Last edited:
No, not my choir. It is just the video I used to perfect the solo parts. But it is beautiful music no matter who sings it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom