what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is it huge, it looks so sharp and jagged! :eek:

I am so glad for you that you are rid of it. You are a really tough guy to handle that with no pain killers.

Sunday bike ride...

You look like you keep yourself in pretty good shape. How often do you ride and for how many miles?

I took the mutt on a good hike yesterday. A 4 mile hike up and down hills through the woods at a local park. Very nice temps too. But my dog is getting old and the long walks are wearing on her. Gets pretty stiff legged afterward. Guess I'm going to shorten her walks and go solo on the longer ones.:(

img_848485_0_fc71bfb4173e0adbd346015db0335240.jpg

Relaxing today after a full schedule of massages in clinics yesterday.
Class tonight.....I will be done by Sept 4th.....the final countdown has begun :)

Fairly slow at the pd this a.m. I did have a lovely, young girl come in that needed to add info regarding her boyfriend's arrest. She's 17 and he is 19....he is being charged with his fourth felony. Words can't describe my feelings, so I'll use this......:mad:

You look like you keep yourself in pretty good shape. How often do you ride and for how many miles?

I only ride a couple of times a week in this heat, but I walk, jog, and do resistance training, too, averaging five days a week.

Sunday I rode eight or nine miles, which was about normal.

But my dog is getting old and the long walks are wearing on her. Gets pretty stiff legged afterward. Guess I'm going to shorten her walks and go solo on the longer ones.:(
Dawg, you may already be doing this but my old pooch responded well to glucosamine chondroitin mixed in with her food. It definitely helped her get around more comfortably in her old age.

Too bad it doesn't show the same results for us two-legged types...

Dawg, you may already be doing this but my old pooch responded well to glucosamine chondroitin mixed in with her food. It definitely helped her get around more comfortably in her old age.

We also had great results giving glucosamine chondroitin supplements to our aging lab. We even took her off of it to make sure we were not imagining the improvement and sure enough, she got all "stove-up" again, and then improved when we restarted the supplements.

We just gave her generic glucosamine chondroitin supplements from the grocery store.

Yes, I started giving her this 3-4 months ago. And it does help. It's just on the long hikes she has problems with. The vet mentioned she has some pain med's I can buy. Might look into that for her tough days.

Plain aspirin is acceptable to give to a dog, only per vet's dosage instructions. I had a big old 110 Shepherd Husky mix who had hip problems in his older years, and now my squirrel chaser is just starting to slow down at age 10. He weighs 70 lbs. I'm feeding him less to get a little weight off since he doesn't go flying off the deck anymore :LOL: or buzz around the yard like he used to.
Vet just told me this past week that I could give him one 325 mg aspirin every 12 hours as needed but not every day, only with food, for his pains and inflammation. I need to get him on the glucosamine & chondroitin also.
Hope your furry buddy feels better. :)

Plain aspirin is acceptable to give to a dog, only per vet's dosage instructions. I had a big old 110 Shepherd Husky mix who had hip problems in his older years, and now my squirrel chaser is just starting to slow down at age 10. He weighs 70 lbs. I'm feeding him less to get a little weight off since he doesn't go flying off the deck anymore :LOL: or buzz around the yard like he used to.
Vet just told me this past week that I could give him 325 mg aspirin, only with food, for his pains and inflammation. I need to get him on the glucosamine & chondroitin also.
Hope your furry buddy feels better. :)

Funny you mention that. I just read an article about aspirin for dogs. How often did your vet say it's safe to give? I'm afraid to give it to her everyday.

Funny you mention that. I just read an article about aspirin for dogs. How often did your vet say it's safe to give? I'm afraid to give it to her everyday.
Vet said "as needed" for particularly bad days, when I see him having trouble getting up and moving. Her Rx was only 1 tablet (325 mg) plain aspirin every 12 hours, dosage for his weight at 70 lbs. She said not to go overboard, i.e. not everyday. Biggest danger is stomach irritation. "With food only" was underlined.
My big guy is on a daily dose of potassium bromide for seizures, so I wanted to double check if there would be an interaction with aspirin. Answer was negative.
You can probably just call your vet to see what they recommend for your pooch.
Could you please PM the link to the dogs and aspirin article?

Today I am in my old office, working on a transfer of some real estate for a quasi-relative. Feels so extraordinarily familiar. It is taking me a long time to get the job done because I keep getting up and visiting with old workmates. Going out to a fancy lunch with the guys. And then home.

Went and hired "Mrs Caldicots Cabbage War" on DVD.
Had "Subway" for lunch, and played "Texas Holdem Poker" on my Facebook.
Now Returning the DVD, and going to help a Friend with A Computer Problem, after that lets see what the afternoon has in store.

Always a good sign when you get the retirement estimate from HR.
Not so good that you are dealing with multiple people, who are in various states of departure themsleves (lol).
It is an excellant idea to "send an e-mail summarizing what we said (in a nice way) as documentation, at their request." This way there can be no confusion if someone else comes along.

You could probably challenge the decision of the Agency not to let you attend the "pre-retirement training seminar", but them again do you really want to go, as you probably have a pretty good idea of what you are going to do by now anyway. At mine they simply went through all the stuff that I already knew, and tried to get me into some products that they wanted to make a commision out of ... which I knocked back.

I can sympathise with "I will be SO glad to retire and be done with this kind of foolishness!" You know its time to go when you dont want to play the silly games anymore. I am suprised that they havent signed you up for a "Team Building" event, with Outward Bound, that would be fun (lol)

All the very best for your retirement !

- Woke up early this morning but still not having the right mood to work
- Finally come back to my senses, started dressing and putting on makeup. Had a real strong cup of coffee, kissed my dog before leaving home.
- My car didn’t fire up too smoothly after being left idle for a few days. Its about time for a tune up
- Kept thinking about the erection ceremony of my late husband’s grave this Saturday at Scottsdale, AZ while driving to work. Going over all detailed schedules a dozen time to avoid mix up
- Having strange feeling to seeing my own name on our double plot marker (my date of death left empty, of course!) in forwarded photos. Not yet sure if I’ll bury there when my time comes. Here’s my initial plan for tomorrow:
n Grave stone was ready in early August. Black granite marker was beautifully finished. Invitations to family members and friends were sent by mid July. Informed cemetery authority and minister in late June. Ordered flower saddles in early August. Marquee was ordered in July to offer needed shelter for guests
n Will arrive at Scottsdale airport tonight. Join up with my 2 daughters and having late dinner at my MIL place.
n Scheduled wake up at 8.30. Finish dressing and makeup by 9.30. Arrive at cemetery’s Gust Room by 10.45. Chatting and having coffee with friends and family until 11.15 before heading out to graveyard
n Start ceremony with a short prayer from my minister follows by the placing of flowers and grave saddles. I’ll then deliver a short eulogy follows by another prayer by a close friend. I’ll be wrapping up the ceremony at around 12.00 by offering my thanks to everyone attended. We’ll then all head back to the hotel for lunch. Hopeful that it doesn’t resemble a second funeral
n The weather forecast is sunny and a sizzling 105’F at noon. I’ll be wearing only my white cotton top on black knee high skirt with my most comfortable black pumps
n Decided to put everything behind me and living a normal life

- Got back to the present once I arrived at the office by 8.30
- Faced with over 80 e-mails and call messages waiting reply. Practically wasted half my morning time on that
- Attended 2 strategy meetings by 12.30. Only one was productive
- Received yet another confidential plan for layoffs. This time they target on the junior supporting staffs in 4 States. Wondering why they always take the junior workers victims. It’s always the big guy who made those mistakes in the first place. Worst news of the day. Feel pretty frustrated under current economy
- Didn’t go out for lunch but asking my secretary to get me a sandwich. Started going through my eulogy for tomorrow. Getting my Leica camera loaded for some cemetery pics despite having contracted a pro grade photog for more formal recording. This same gentleman also took pictures of my husband’s funeral last year
- Received a congratulation note after lunch from company president on my successful project. My first good news of the day. Sharing the news with my staff
- Two more meetings thereafter before starting my own works
- Real surprised to discover a good number of ‘Condolence Card’ at my in-tray. Those were mostly from colleagues (and external associates) at different States after hearing my compassionate leave. A misunderstanding on their part I guess, and yet I called them all personally for their kind supports and clarify my situation. Socially speaking, condolence is for funerals and not grave erection. My husband’s funeral was long over since last August. But it’s still a very nice gesture on their part. I appreciate that
- My i-Phone finally came back from repair since it went nuts on me last week. Everything seemed to work fine now except it feels a bit warm when turned on. Hope that it won’t explode on me
- My other colleague dropped in for a short chat and gave her regards over my husband’s things. She herself also widowed since last September
- Then my eldest daughter called to say hello and confirmed her freight no. In fact, seeing my daughters was my major motive to attend the service. After all, they came only for my support as their own father already passed in 2004. Look forward to seeing them tomorrow. That’s also my sweetest call of the day
- My staff reported to me on a major analytical error in our earlier proposal. Took our team over 2 hours to discover the problem. Its already 4.15 by then
- Left office for a short seminar in the next building and managed to finish in less than an hour.
- Breaking the left heel off my most comfortable pumps on my way back. Rushed over to the shoe repair for a quick fix while I waited. That’s the pair I planned to wear at the service tomorrow. Considering the perfect support and superior material they were made of, I think it’s worth even major repairing. Despite having brand new heels and leather linings, they still look a bit stretched out following months of extensive usage without wearing hose. I decide to put them on retirement after tomorrow.
- Sent my remaining mail and it’s about time wrapped up for the day. Planning to arrive at the airport by 7.00
- Will keep you update on tomorrow’s services

I did Food Bank duty today. So nice to see my new friends. What a wonderful bunch they are. :D I got a good w*rkout for 3 hours and have nice W&Fs about the volunteering.
Cloudy out and cool. I'm just killing time online while dh2b is snoozing. He just got back from a business trip and has been awake since 3 AM. :(

Took my 84yr MIL out for lunch it was her birthday week. She insisted on treating us for her lunch :rolleyes:. Hey I didn't argue (much). DW and I did some yard work for them. Was a good time.

OK, you dames twisted my arm. Besides, this site is not for kids. :D

Er, in taking the following picture, I saw that mine is of the same "caliber". Remember that no pain killer was used while expelling this gem. There is nothing like pain to build character and to sharpen the mind. About this time last year, a stone started to hurt me right before a 2-week vacation in Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver, and lasted the entire trip. I left it somewhere in Vancouver, but not before losing a bit of blood along the trip. :angel: No pain killer either.

Told ya this is not for kids. :whistle:

Thanks and ouch! I'll bet that baby went "screeeeech" all the way down your pipes....

Well, now you have some idea how it feels to have a baby! :LOL:

About this time last year, a stone started to hurt me right before a 2-week vacation in Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver, and lasted the entire trip. I left it somewhere in Vancouver, but not before losing a bit of blood along the trip. :angel: No pain killer either.

Told ya this is not for kids. :whistle:

If you left your heart in San Francisco, and your kidney stone in Vancouver, what will you leave in Juneau? :confused:

Enjoying the early morning....coffee, laundry, dishes.
Meeting at 11
Massaging from 1-6...really excited about doing abdominal work on one of the clients who requested it.
Chilling out for the night :)

Kicking around estimates on kitchen remodel. Ugh. I hate the inconvenience of remodeling...and working with contractors. I'm much too anal and time-sensitive to deal with people who don't show up at the agreed time. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom