what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I keep telling her she should have known our marriage was doomed when she had an appendectomy four days after our wedding. How many folks can say they spent most of their honeymoon in a hospital bed?
Congratulations!

My first thought was that she's a bride who'd let nothing stand in the way of "her perfect day". Then I realized that maybe her body was trying to tell her something.

Nothing like four decades of in-laws teasing over something that you probably didn't cause anyway...

I went 'Stanging today (translated "drove my car on a sunny day without a care in the world"). I took a turn I usually don't take and ended up going by dh2b's best buddy's (from the uniform days) house. Buddy's 17 year old son was riding his bike down the road, so I stopped to say hello. Kid asked me if he could drive my car. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
So he asked politely if he could have a ride. Sure....:D...so we left his dad a note and I took him for a 45 minute spin. I made sure to wind it out a bit with extra shifting for effect. ;)
He talked about his new driver's permit, his new girlfriend, tattoos, how he likes to draw, how much school starting next week s*cks, how he can't decide whether he wants a Corvette or a Mustang, and a job he will be helping his dad with, etc etc.
I think I've been adopted! :)

Kid's mother is a train wreck and hasn't lived there for years. Long story...:nonono:

Worked at the court and thankfully didn't have to send anyone to jail. Came home, fiddled around on the computer, then I got very hungry and very sleepy. Sleepy won out. Went into a coma for about an hour and then ate. Talked to DH a couple of times...last time he was in Laredo, WY.

Indulging in a bit of wine...enjoying the cooler temps.

Indulging in a bit of wine...enjoying the cooler temps.

Same here. Played golf today and won money.:) Stopped by the Piggly Wiggly on the way home and picked up a lunch from the deli and a few other things. Got the senior discount without asking, again.:(

Boring day. The Great Garage Cleanout continues.

This all started when I could barely squeeze a Miata into what is supposed to be a two car garage. As George Carlin would say, "I got too much stuff!"

watch

I figure I have about 6 cubic yards of extra stuff, which I'm now sorting into recyclable electronics, mixed paper, books for the library, and other stuff. :rolleyes:

Took the dog for a 1.5 hour hike today, down our favorite beach, up the thousand steps to the bluffs above, and back across the bluffs then down the backside, back to our beach.

Joy incarnate is a young labrador retriever, off-leash on a sunny and sandy beach.

It was great.

I took the day off to start getting in shape for when I retire... I will have to practice doing nothing before I can get good at it...

I took the day off to start getting in shape foe when I retire... I will have to practice doing nothing before I can get good at it...
Good for you!

After a year of retirement, I am still practicing. I am proud to report that I am making progress -- in small incremental steps. I think it might take the rest of my life to get it right, though! :2funny:

-- Rita

I took a ride on one of these B17's a few years ago, here in Leesburg, VA. It was great, price was around $400. My dad was a radio/gunner on a B17 during WWII, flew many missions over Italy and Germany so it was kind of neat to take the ride and see just a bit of what it must have been like.

I believe the B17 will be in Leesburg again later this month if you want to try again. Here's a link:

Town of Leesburg : News : Leesburg Executive Airport Open House to be held August 29th

The EAA B-17 -- Aluminum Overcast. The first time I saw her was at the CAF Airsho '79 in Harlingen 29 years and 11 months ago. Sunday afternoon she seized an engine in the show. They landed, got their gear and crew and took off for home on three engines. Must have been a long trip home.

I did my last 3 hours of clinic today.....I am done with with 600 hours of study for my Massage Certification!!!
Went for waxing.....uber painful in some areas and a pedicure.
Packing to go away for three blissful days at the lake :)

Went to w*rk. Quiet day in the office as many people took time off to extend the holiday week-end. I planned to go to the gym after work but got my arm twisted by two co-workers to ditch the gym in favor of a martini and dinner at a lively bistro with patio dining. We did our girl-talk thing and had a good time. Will try to get up early tomorrow and take a run before heading to my Aunt's for the week-end.

The EAA B-17 -- Aluminum Overcast. The first time I saw her was at the CAF Airsho '79 in Harlingen 29 years and 11 months ago. Sunday afternoon she seized an engine in the show. They landed, got their gear and crew and took off for home on three engines. Must have been a long trip home.

Ouch. Those big radial engines are not fun to swap. Somewhere I have a pic of C46 radial swap in progress in Cold Bay, Alaska. IIRC it took 4 or 5 days at a remote corner of the airfield. No hangar, mostly raining, temps in the 40 F range. An old fork lift for lift device.

They flew in the replacement engine in another C46 from Anchorage. Quiet a jacka$$ing project to pull it out from the aircraft, with an ancient fork lift, well over gross limit, lots of concrete blocks for extra ballast.

Just returned home from a hour long massage and a body polish....:D So relaxing.
A body polish? :blink: Not sure what that is but it sounds intriguing...

Ehh, slept late, bought groceries and mowed the grass. Annoyed a couple of forum members :)flowers:) and did some writing. Ate my 5th hamburger of the week. I don't cook when DH is gone. I need to graze on a head of lettuce...

I just wrote a long detailed post about what I did the last two days. And then I deleted it. And that ends today.

I just wrote a long detailed post about what I did the last two days. And then I deleted it. And that ends today.

:eek: Not a good 2 days? I wouldn't have much to write about the last 2 days. Just golf and a little running around. But today is the first Saturday for college football. My favorite time of the year.:)

A body polish? :blink: Not sure what that is but it sounds intriguing...

She used some sort of granular product and massaged quite vigorously. Then I took a nice very warm shower with a really nice product to remove the grit. I was sooo soft after that.;)

She used some sort of granular product and massaged quite vigorously. Then I took a nice very warm shower with a really nice product to remove the grit. I was sooo soft after that.;)
Wow....I've just got to have one of those....:smitten:

I took a brief sabbatical frome the 1s and 0s. :D Weather is sunny and just fabulous with temps in the mid 70s.
Yesterday, I helped dh2b with rearranging the lower family room into a bona fide man-cave ;) after selling a way too big sectional set he had from past life. Results are fabulous. I can see more of the carpet and the room is more balanced.
We then knocked off a pesky rear brake job, went for ice cream, had lasagna, goofed off...
Today, enjoying my last day of being 50. I have to put together my birthday list.
"Birthday rules" here state that you get to do anything you want all day.

Hmmmmm...what should be first on the list ? :rolleyes:

Had a great day today: DH took me to my favourite jewelry store and bought me some beautiful diamond stud earrings for our 10th wedding anniversary which is coming up in a couple of months :) I love my hubby!! :)Now, I just need to figure out what to get him - any ideas?

Took my wife out to breakfast and then helped with the food shopping. In the afternoon I took my mountain bike out for a 2 hour ride through the local state forest, and stopped on the way home for an ice cream sundae. Life is good! :greetings10:

Not a whole lot. I haven't sleep well this week and it's finally caught up with me.

Right now I'm staring at this forum blowing into the neck of my Shiner beer....

Oh...and thanks to my forum buddies that have checked up on me this week! :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom