what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water aerobics in the outside pool at the gym, which was great. Followed by a not-so-great experience at the car dealer, where we brought the car in to have the locks repaired (under warranty), but as usual, they attempted to oversell us lots of other things. Frustrating!

Tai chi tonight, so I'm hoping that will mellow me out.

Just checking in...:flowers:

I've been doing whatever is possible with the constant and record setting rainfall in my area. For once it is good to be at higher elevation than the Mohawk River valley that is being hit so hard. My bet is many municipalities will undergo a stringent state review of their water channeling and drainage systems for future excess rainfall events.

I joined my lady friend today for a delicious Lebanese lunch buffet. It was her turn to buy, so yes there is such a thing as free lunch. :cool:
We went to her house afterwards to enjoy the air conditioning and shoot the breeze instead of going to the Legion. We were both too full from lunch to even think about a beer. Too damn hot out, besides. Now THAT is one for the record books. :LOL:

Her kids and grandchildren are coming to visit in a few days, so she needed a break from all the food purchasing and cleaning house. I told her if it got too crazy with all the munchkins running around shrieking, she could bug out and come stay at my house. She just might take me up on that offer. :D

Mr B and I are lazing around the house with the Yankees baseball game on. Red Sox don't come on until 10 PM. No fair! :mad:

PS My tomatoes are blossoming like crazy.

Last edited:
The best part of my day is over--liquid diet in advance of routine colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Now the fun part of the prep begins. Blah.

I investigated alternatives to my information services. Cut the cable, cut the rocket stick, changed the cell phone plan (removed the enterprise server, no longer needed!) and saved myself approximately $90 per month!!!

:dance:

The best part of my day is over--liquid diet in advance of routine colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Now the fun part of the prep begins. Blah.
When I had my colonoscopy I mixed the laxative with ginger ale . Just thinking about ginger ale now makes me queasy . Good luck !

Made a post on redduck's thread today (here), after a hiatus of a few months due to a serious health problem. May open up about this later, as it might help others with the same illness in the future.

Made a post on redduck's thread today (here), after a hiatus of a few months due to a serious health problem. May open up about this later, as it might help others with the same illness in the future.
Sorry to hear about your problem. You've dropped off the board for extended periods in the past to go on extended RV trips so I assumed this was more of the same.

Sorry to hear about your health issue. I too assumed you were having too much fun traveling around with your RV!

I was in fact able to squeeze in an RV trip to New Orleans in between treatments (might be my last RV trip for what I knew), and got my craving for Cajun and Creole food satiated.

Just got out of the hospital today, and in fact just swallowed a pill of Percocet. I might just be able to stick around on this earth a little longer. Will see.

I did lurk here on/off, and caught the news that calmloki got a close call with his ticker. Not sure what would be better: to kneel over from a sudden cause, or to have time to contemplate your prognosis. Not that we really have a choice anyway!

One thing's for sure: Being a pessimist, I have never taken seriously a 30-yr run with FIRECalc (I am 57). Me, living to the 90s? To 80 would be nice, I thought. And as it turned out, at this point, it could be anything for me. But then, what's new? Has there been any guarantee for anyone?

I have run some longevity calculators in the past, just to chuckle at their prediction. Hah! A visit to the doctor could throw all that out, and all your dreams and plans. Though I am a perennial pessimist, I of course secretly hoped I would be proven wrong. Nope, life is full of uncertainties, just as I expected.

So sorry to hear this - hope your treatment is progressing well.

It's good to have you back!

I was impressed by the Nook HD+ 9 inch tablet, especialy with the $149 price tag....I was sold - order placed.
I got my order today - at least I got a box shipped by Barnes & Noble. It didn't contain the Nook HD+, only a power cord. The enclosed packing slip saying the box contained a Nook tablet and power cord. There was no evidence the box had been tampered with.

B&N customer service says they are sending me my missing Nook - at least I think that's what "Ross" said...

Reactions: W2R
Yesterday we had grandparents duty, babysitting the GKs while DD is out of town. Made progress on my goal of spoiling them.

Over the past 2 months I have had to drive morning or evening (or both) rush hour traffic at least twice per week, the bumber-to-bumper kind and also the nascar highway kind. It is so good to be retired. I feel for those folks, they are killing themselves behind the wheel with stress.

I'm on my midsummer az condo checkup, and was greeted by a rattlesnake 2' from my garage door. I'm going back to Illinois where my biggest predators are poison ivy and Mosquitos

Lucky, only one? We have had 2.5 inch of rain this month the the third world part of the state. Black bears left, tarantulas, and Diamondbacks took their place.

Lucky, only one? We have had 2.5 inch of rain this month the the third world part of the state. Black bears left, tarantulas, and Diamondbacks took their place.

Yes just one- and one was more than enough. I don't know how you native Arizonans (and other rattlesnake infested people) do it. I freak out when I see a rattlesnake (4 times in 11 years of snowbirding) or tarantula (once), but I'm ok in Illinois regardless of what I run into. At least in il there aren't any critters that can kill you. I wonder what the guy thought while I was running around protecting myself from the snake with a push broom while he calmly walked his poodle down the street.

I wonder what the guy thought while I was running around protecting myself from the snake with a push broom while he calmly walked his poodle down the street.

Had I been walking by, I would have been wondering just exactly how fast a rattlesnake can slither up a push broom handle. Glad you didn't get hurt. :)

I got my order today - at least I got a box shipped by Barnes & Noble. It didn't contain the Nook HD+, only a power cord. The enclosed packing slip saying the box contained a Nook tablet and power cord. There was no evidence the box had been tampered with.

B&N customer service says they are sending me my missing Nook - at least I think that's what "Ross" said...
Update: B&N came through - UPS delivered my replacement Nook today at 5:30 pm.

Reactions: W2R
More like what will I do today. We received a whole bunch of rain last night. The creek, I mean my driveway is still running this morning. I bet I will move a ton of sand and gravel, to make repairs, all by hand. The great thing about ER is I don't have to be anywhere. I will take the dogs for a walk out the west gate.

driveway 7-12-2013.jpg

Yesterday evening was my last day of work. Turned in the gear this morning.

I am tempted to get a lawn chair and a bag of popcorn and watch the circus from across the street at (former) work Monday morning as they try to make things function with 19 full time of 45 people gone. A couple of us discussed doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom