what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleasant day OFF (well, I worked every other day over the long weekend). Folded laundry, visited the optometrist (eyes healthy but definitely time for a new prescription), visited dispensing optician at Sears (two pairs for one offer, chose Salvatore Ferragamo and an Elizabeth Arden frames; second pair will be exclusively for computer use); then went on a New Car research trip to Toyota and Honda. Very positive experience. At Toyota, they showed me the service facility. It was spotless, no tools lying about, definitely Lean! Prius is out of budget range. Currently leaning towards Toyota Matrix. Fun to drive, sturdy suspension, hatchback, made in Canada, 0% financing is available. OTOH, Honda has a loyalty discount. Will wait for tax refund before making a decision. Am somewhat ambiguous as am emotionally attached to current car...

I do like shopping....:flowers:

Well, I'm kind of reeling in my chair today with a terrible cold and down spirit. This past week, I've learned of four deaths. A close friend of my parents, my favorite aunt, one of my cop buddy's wife and found out today, my DH's favorite ex-employee and good friend. :(
Ouch ouch ouch ouch. :(
Sometimes it all seems so overwhelming. My best Rx is sleep when you feel tired, just for an hour, to refresh your spirit and body. Lot of fluids!

Well, I'm kind of reeling in my chair today with a terrible cold and down spirit. This past week, I've learned of four deaths. A close friend of my parents, my favorite aunt, one of my cop buddy's wife and found out today, my DH's favorite ex-employee and good friend. :(

That's terrible!
I prescribe one day of wallowing in self pity followed by lots of outdoor activity. Thank goodness spring is here!

Rescheduled a doggie vet appt for next week. I just didn't feel like doing this today. :whistle:
Mostly sat around surfing, emptying dishwasher, reading until I finally talked myself onto the exercise bike. Boy are my thigh muscles out of shape. More tomorrow...once I get going, I'm OK with exercise. :D
Sunny day today, so I sat outside and soaked up some rays. It's still kinda chilly out with spring wind conditions. Humidity is up, so the chill is more noticable.
Grapevines arrived. :clap:They will soak overnight, then I will add dirt until it is warm enough to plant them in the garden. Each has three small buds :D, which may open before I plant them outside.

Moemg wrote, then hosted ( cooked till I dropped ) Easter Dinner for eight We had shrimp ,seafood spread, ham,deviled eggs ,scalloped potatoes , asparagus ,salad ,rolls , Key Lime Pie & Coconut Cake . The weather was gorgeous so we ate on the deck.

Moe, I have just done some genealogical research that proves we are related. No wonder we like to eat all the same things. As such, may I be invited to your next wing-ding? :LOL:

I took the day off work. We rented a Ford F150 long-bed from Rent-A-Wreck and hauled 4 loads of yard waste to the landfill. Two old TVs, a broken edger, broken weed-whacker, other busted metal, and lots and lots of branches. At the landfill, I spied a set of metal shelves apparently in perfect shape. Was forbidden to get into the metal bin to "rescue" them, waah.

I played with my granddaughter until they left around 9:15AM. I ate breakfast and had coffee while surfing here and then being the procrastinator that I am, I started looking for papers to do my Federal and State income tax returns. Worked on that most of the day, off and on, and just finished. Luckily, we had leftover Easter dinner for our dinner tonight. I had 9 people for Easter dinner, not including my 9 month old granddaughter.

bbbamI-I certainly hope that you have a better week ahead of you. Try to remember the good times that you had with them.

Ahhh, retirement!! And now it's both of us.....hit Home Depot for mulch, then hubby mulched while I raked -- for a long time!! We had good weather and didn't want to waste it -- we'll soon be gone for about a week once our daughter delivers our 3rd grandson. If I can lift my arms tomorrow it will be a miracle...:LOL: But life is good.....

Moemg wrote, then hosted ( cooked till I dropped ) Easter Dinner for eight We had shrimp ,seafood spread, ham,deviled eggs ,scalloped potatoes , asparagus ,salad ,rolls , Key Lime Pie & Coconut Cake . The weather was gorgeous so we ate on the deck.

Moe, I have just done some genealogical research that proves we are related. No wonder we like to eat all the same things. As such, may I be invited to your next wing-ding? :LOL:

Since we are related the next wing ding is Father's day . It is burgers and hot dogs on the grill plus many salads and deserts and a few redneck dips and beer of course .Bring your bathing suit since it is a pool party !

Ahhh, retirement!! And now it's both of us.....hit Home Depot for mulch, then hubby mulched while I raked -- for a long time!! We had good weather and didn't want to waste it -- we'll soon be gone for about a week once our daughter delivers our 3rd grandson. If I can lift my arms tomorrow it will be a miracle...:LOL: But life is good.....
Hi Blondie. Welcome to the board. Tell us more about your grandkids (and your garden).

Put some more band-aids on the garden/firewood cart so that it will last until I can find a new one at a garage sale.

Way to go. Another notch on the bedpost for the cheapskate award. That is the kind of stuff I do.

Did 18 minutes on exercise bike at faster RPMs than yesterday. Thigh muscles are just fine. :D
Put a Cornish hen in the crockpot. Undecided which flavor to baste it with later, but leaning toward BBQ.
Ordered a replacement carburetor for my Honda F200 mid-tine garden tiller, circa 1988. Carb rebuild parts total including shipping online is just $4 shy of ordering entire assembly locally. No brainer. :rolleyes: I'll use the older carb for spare parts if anything inside is still usable. I suspect it is all corroded. It runs but I can tell the float or needle valve is sticking, or the jets are plugged. :(

One of my favorite things ... nada. Actually, did it twice, with naps in between to recharge my energy.

Made some progress in getting rid of files that have accumulated through the years, at work. While shredding a stack of confidential material, I talked to several co-workers. Got the "What are you going to do?" question and handled it adeptly, thanks to the ER Forum. "Whatever I want to do, and it won't involve my alarm clock!" :D

Made some progress in getting rid of files that have accumulated through the years, at work. While shredding a stack of confidential material, I talked to several co-workers. Got the "What are you going to do?" question and handled it adeptly, thanks to the ER Forum. "Whatever I want to do, and it won't involve my alarm clock!" :D
If anyone asks what you want for a sendoff gift, point them here...
Apartment Therapy Los Angeles | The Smash Alarm Clock
I requested no gifts at all unless it involved chocolate. :cool:

Went to the local art gallery during lunch and looked at some really nice paintings by local artists though the starting price is $800 for the smallest one from the artist whose work drew me into the gallery in the first place, and the one I like cost $1,800. No prints are available because the painting is sculpted out and mounted on a rice paper back board to give it a nice 3-D look.

Did some wine,beer and sausage tasting in Fredericksburg Texas. Not used to eating such rich food :angel: Weather is perfect about 76 with a nice breeze. Im sure a fire ant will bite me after I post this.

Went to the local art gallery during lunch and looked at some really nice paintings by local artists though the starting price is $800 for the smallest one from the artist whose work drew me into the gallery in the first place, and the one I like cost $1,800. No prints are available because the painting is sculpted out and mounted on a rice paper back board to give it a nice 3-D look.

My walls are bare because I can't see spending $50 for a framed painting let alone $800+.

Did some wine,beer and sausage tasting in Fredericksburg Texas. Not used to eating such rich food :angel: Weather is perfect about 76 with a nice breeze. Im sure a fire ant will bite me after I post this.

Fire ant says to itself "Yummy. Tastes like sausage".

Worked on my MIL's backyard all day, weeding, mulching, planting, etc... Lugged around a ton of mulch and pea gravel, plus some stepping stones and edging materials. Now I just have to do that all over again in MY garden.

Planted some potatoes in the veggie patch and some hostas and ferns in the borders. Looking really good.

Next: power wash My MIL's house...

Trimmed up an over grown holly bush(now tree) this morning. Had intended to cut it down, but the darn thing is so big.....needed a better chainsaw. I borrowed an electric one, but would take forever to cut with it. Anyway, just trimmed all the lower branches to head high, cleaned out underneath and looks pretty darn good. May just leave it as is. It's right next to the mail box so in a good spot. This is on my aunt's property and I wanted to cut it down a few years back, but she is old and for some reason old people like stuff overgrown. :D

Speaking of dear old aunt(97), got to take her to the doc this afternoon. Not feeling well and seems to be breathing faster than normal. She must feel bad to let me take her to the doc. :(

I've never been bitten by a fire ant in Fred. I'd suspect you're more likely to be bitten by a dog being walked by one of those city folks from Austin or San Antone...

Bought hot stones, gift certificates, and more lotion for my business.
Watching some Marketing videos on the professional website to get more ideas.
Doing laundry, burning some incense, and just enjoying the fact that I have four more months of school left! Yipppeeeee!

It MUST be spring. :flowers:
Someone lit a firecracker under moi today...exercise bike for 20 minutes, dishes, washed and folded clothes, continued porch project - moved stuff, vacummed floor and corners well to be ready for staining, chopped 3 big bunches of huge green onions for freezing, planted bottoms in dirt for more free green onions, filled birdfeeder for last time, pant pant pant :dead:...

Oh, and before I forget the formal announcement, it didn't snow today :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom