What did you do today? 2016 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Dr's office and got flu shots for me and DW, then to the optometrist's for new glasses for DW and contacts for myself, then took DW to a late lunch/early dinner.

Helped a friend set up his new router after the result of his house getting hit by lightning. Determined his wireless Sonus system is now defunct from the surge. That adds to the two TV's and pool power panel. What a mess. Also blew 1/2 the bricks off his chimney.

DW got a flu shot and I declined.

Helped a friend set up his new router after the result of his house getting hit by lightning. Determined his wireless Sonus system is now defunct from the surge. That adds to the two TV's and pool power panel. What a mess. Also blew 1/2 the bricks off his chimney.

DW got a flu shot and I declined.

I'm planning on getting a lightning protection system on my new house. It will set me back $5K. Lots of lightning up here. Probably worth it.

I'm planning on getting a lightning protection system on my new house. It will set me back $5K. Lots of lightning up here. Probably worth it.

Agreed, lots up there in the Colorado mountains....and here in Houston where we get the wildest thunderstorms I have ever seen.

Spent half a day yesterday at the National Museum of the USAF.

First visit since their new 4th building has been open, and it's incredibly impressive. The place only gets about a million visitors a year, and it's so huge that you never feel crowded inside. Just relax and browse around. I've been visiting for 40 years and there are always great new exhibits.

Today I booted Windows 10, and it made me wait while it did this and that. Finally got to desktop, where it prompted me that TightVNC was uninstalled. Super annoying M$ crap.

We went out for a morning of exercise on the front lawn, blowing leaves, shredding, and sweating.

Today I booted Windows 10, and it made me wait while it did this and that. Finally got to desktop, where it prompted me that TightVNC was uninstalled. Super annoying M$ crap.

We went out for a morning of exercise on the front lawn, blowing leaves, shredding, and sweating.

WIN 10 updated my desktop also. Took about an hour to get my stuff back to where I was before the irritation. Even removed Classic Shell and my desktop image. :( If this keeps up, Linux is in my future.

Got all brand new living room furniture. And I do mean all -- oriental rugs, sofa, recliner, occasional chairs, ottoman, side and coffee tables, multiple lamps, and console. Which involved taking all the existing furniture out and putting it in the garage until the next bulk trash pickup day, scrubbing the hardwood floor and then directing the delivery and set up guys when they arrived. The young wife is happy with all her new stuff, so I am happy. We are now shopping for "accent pieces". Who knows what that could entail.

We are now shopping for "accent pieces". Who knows what that could entail.
You live in Ct, so probably a New England accent? Avoid the NY accents, though, too nasal and way too much attitude (for my taste, that is). :)

Dogs to the dog park for a couple of rounds and then lunch with friends. I think a nap is in my future. Yesterday I finished re painting the frame around an old stained glass window. I have idea which way is up. Maybe that nap will help.

You live in Ct, so probably a New England accent? Avoid the NY accents, though, too nasal and way too much attitude (for my taste, that is). :)

Ayah. Always sorta preferred the Maine accent, mahself. Cain't get theyah from heeyah.

We moved 5 months ago and left 25% of our possessions in our old house--the worst fourth. I went to the old house and hauled a truck load of stuff to the dump before the wife got there to go through it.

Had to clean out the garage so we could stage the attic stuff there.

Got home in time to watch SEC football for the rest of the day/night.

Adventure of a lifetime

Today I got strapped into a MiG 17 at the Jet Warbird Center in Santa Fe NM.
We took off and climbed to 16,000 feet, cruising at 450 mph!
I flew the jet for almost an hour in a beautiful clear blue sky.
What an experience!

Today I got strapped into a MiG 17 at the Jet Warbird Center in Santa Fe NM.
We took off and climbed to 16,000 feet, cruising at 450 mph!
I flew the jet for almost an hour in a beautiful clear blue sky.
What an experience!

Wow...what a thrill!

I'm starting at my computer screen which is 2 hours into the latest win 10 updates. Typing this on my phone.

Newly retired, but golfed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and now today. Maybe a month, possibly two of nice weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom