What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent in the request to roll over the remainder of my 401(k) - which is all pre-tax money at this point - to Vanguard.

The account will not be closed - yet - but the managment fees, which are prorata based upon the value of the account are high - so this saves significant money in fees.

Wrote a letter to the cc company contesting a charge from Amazon for an undelivered order. It was ordered December 6, the charge was made on December 7, supposed to be delivered on December 10. About a week later they finally admitted the package "may have been lost" when I checked online about it. I finally contacted Amazon on December 19 and they replied three days later that they wouldn't even begin a package trace for another 21 days.

Concerned that the 60-day "window" to contest the charge would expire before they finally admitted that USPS lost the package and issue the refund/credit, I wrote the letter today and will mail it tomorrow, January 2nd. Christmas season and pandemic notwithstanding I think they've had more than enough time to either find it or do the refund. And yes, I know that contesting the charge can be done by phone or online, but those methods don't preserve my rights. An old-fashioned hard-copy letter does.

Year end financial stuff--gathering tax info, checking 2020 spending analysis, checking 2020 investments.
And time here. :)

Slept late (10:00), got up had coffee. Made a Kielbasa, onion, tomato and goat cheese omelette for DW and I. She made blood orange mimosas to celebrate the new year. We had almost 3 each while playing dominoes and we killed the bottle. I lost at dominoes and thusly, have to do all the dishes tomorrow, and until I win again. Then I took a nap. Then put ice spikes on my boots and did a 1.8 mile hike at the state park with one of our dogs. Came back, packed up and drove the hour and 5 mins back to our primary home. Heated up some left over seafood Alfredo takeout, started undecorating the house from Christmas in advance of watching the Clemson Ohio State game (I'm a Clemson alum).

slept late, made oatmeal and biscuits fir b'fast, watched an NCIS marathon, snacked and napped. perfect day.

Last edited:
Watching a Twilight Zone marathon.

Having ham, greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, and buttermilk for dinner.

Last edited:
Went to a Chevrolet dealer to buy a new Equinox. Why the Equinox? It's not fancy, but flat-towable to serve as the new dinghy for my motorhome.

Went to the beach to start the year.

Attachments

• IMG-20210101-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210101-WA0004.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 109
Slept in this morning until 9:00am!! Have not done that in years.
Plan for today is to take down the Christmas decorations.

The kids came for the day and went skating on the crick and took a nice walk in the prairie. Had a nice lunch and had fun with future grand daughter. A great way to start the new year.

Went to a Chevrolet dealer to buy a new Equinox. Why the Equinox? It's not fancy, but flat-towable to serve as the new dinghy for my motorhome.

Sounds exciting to have a new ride! If I may ask did you get one with the option of All Wheel Drive? If so do they stay in all wheel drive all the time or do you choice the mode you want?

Gas or Diesel?

I'm trying to use up all the raw veggies in the fridge. Just made the trefungi sauce for tomorrow's gnocchi (mushrooms needed to go today). Will roast up the other Tofurkey later with the 2 half onions (red & Vidalias), 3 types of potatoes (why do I have 3 kinds?), yams, carrots, ... it's holiday leftover time. Use today or toss tomorrow.

Planned on walking to the library to get the books on hold but it's raining so we cannot walk.

Ah well, there's always a game on [emoji1658]

Last edited:
Shredding. Shredding. And more Shredding. Stuff that's been piling up for eons just awaiting this day.

It's like Hitler's bunker in the movie Downfall around here.

I went early to the local mall to toss a tennis ball for the dog in the empty asphalt parking lot to trim his nails. Works like a charm!

Shredding. Shredding. And more Shredding. Stuff that's been piling up for eons just awaiting this day.

It's like Hitler's bunker in the movie Downfall around here.

Who gets the screaming role?

[-]Played with[/-] Tested and evaluated my new portable inverter generator. Very quiet, compact, reasonably lightweight (100lbs) and with enough juice to power the RV, including one A/C unit.

I'm guessing you had a good reason to wait to after the end of the year for the purchase? I know if you bought on the last day of the year you can very often get some very good discounts as they try to reach some magical quotas.:)

Went to get some groceries, DW said to get fish. I picked up three of these instead.[emoji56]

We went up north a little bit, just where the pavements ends. People sledding on one side of the road and snowshoeing, xcountry skiing on the other. We weren't dressed properly but took a short walk anyway. Probably go back tomorrow or Monday for a longer walk.

I received a end of the year report from the attorneys representing a group of former employees suing Megacorp and the fund company for negligence regarding profit sharing money I still had there. They said Fidelity would be contacting us regarding our distribution received from the fund company. A friend said hers was deposited last week. I keep checking Fidelity and nothing showed up. I hit a different tab, Net Worth, and suddenly a retirement account from Megacorp shows the 10k I was told I'd receive. Woo hoo, this is just the start! I lost over 100k in this fund and according to the attorneys they are seeking our entire losses and the loss of use of the funds. Since it's covered by ERISA the attorneys fees are paid by Megacorp and we get our full settlement! I joined this thing without expecting a dime, I only joined the suite when my friend said the former CEO, CFO were part of it. 20210102_115804.jpeg

Sounds exciting to have a new ride! If I may ask did you get one with the option of All Wheel Drive? If so do they stay in all wheel drive all the time or do you choice the mode you want?

Gas or Diesel?

I did not get an AWD. GM used to do a diesel option for the Equinox, but has not done so in recent years. I am not a car enthusiast, so just recently learned that the Equinox line has been around since 2004.

I had to look what the car was when you posted and I also am not a car enthusiast. It does look like a great outfit for when you travel and is very economical on the highway.

Dug up about 10 Horseradish plants. Will clean and shred them tomorrow and put the shoots in the ground for this fall's harvest. If I remember to, I'll take pics. Had a good crop. Already the neighbors are standing in line for their jar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom