What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pizza was the test run. If they got away with the pizza, airline tickets could be next.

Wouldn't airline tickets be traceable & interceptable?

(I'd figure electronics or somesuch....walk out of the store carrying the purchase.)

(I'd figure electronics or somesuch....walk out of the store carrying the purchase.)

Yes, but that’s what Brazilian credit card thieves bought after they scammed my Visa in 1997. Jewellery would be a good buy. Or cash.

You would think so, but apparently not.
Some years ago someone used my credit card number to buy a cross-country first class ticket (I assume using some stolen ID as well) at an airport ticket counter. Then they turned that ticket back in and got cash back for it instead of crediting the same card. I learned this from a friendly fraud representative at the credit card issuer. He said they assumed the clerk at the airport was an accomplice, but they would have a devil of a time proving it.

In the home stretch of my "singing fortnight". Two anthems for two services each on Palm Sunday and Easter, with 8 anthems for Good Friday Tenebrae in the middle (fortunately our youth choir handles the music for Maundy Thursday). Three rehearsals this week for next Sunday's community choir concert of Vaughan Williams Dona Nobis Pacem and Bernstein's Chichester Psalms.

We did find time last night to watch Jesus Christ Superstar live last night and enjoyed the production very much. I still remember joining a friend at the Roman Catholic youth group to listen to the album when it first came out (my church was too small for a youth group). It's great to see this classic introduced to a new generation. (DD and her partner enjoyed it enough to text me about it.)

Yesterday (Easter) was a big family gathering at DW's niece's house. It was more people and took more time than we expected but we had a great time. Lots of food! If anyone went hungry it was their own dang fault.

Reminded me of the article I saw a couple of days ago about the big raise the Steak & Shake CEO awarded himself last year:

Biglari CEO awards himself 800% pay raise for 2017

Nice salary. :)

That is a nice salary.

I love that place. From the steakburgers to the fries to the shakes. After lunch today I walked around the place just to watch the operation.

IMO, the CEO needs to sacrifice a little of his pay to increase the number of personnel. 2 cooks, 2 waitstaff and 1 cash register worker couldn't keep up. They looked a little run down and it was only noon.

That's exactly how we were hit. Suddenly I bought tickets on Aeromexico. Not once, but multiple times over multiple months. I don't think they were afraid.

Back on topic:

Took DW to her doc in Durango. It's really dry here. There was a small grassfire along the highway, thankfully there was a crew working on it.

Apparently my driving was not up to the standard of the person I had to pass. I'm not sure why I needed that hand signal, or what perceived grievence they had. That felt very strange, I'm not sure when I was last flipped off without reason. Oh well.

Last edited:
A very good former client took me out for a very nice lunch .... and asked me to consider moving to the law firm that he currently uses for most of his legal services. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I swam at 5am in an empty!!! lap pool. Possibly only daily lap swimmers will recognize that as a blissful experience.

Joined a new health club with a warm 2/3 size lap pool and a majority +50 demographic. I am in heaven. I've been swimming for years at local clubs so I know that conditions could change, but right now it's fantastic.

Previous club pool was regulation size and suddenly got really crowded, even at 5am. Switched my time to afternoon, then even THAT time got crowded. Lane sharing every day with triathlon-training athletes who wash me up on the ropes every time they go by. Then they got a new pool manager who lowered the pool temp to the point that it was torture. Time to move on.

Currently doing tax preparation (volunteer) four days a week for 6-7 hours. Maybe 5-7 returns a day. Time flies by.

Visited the orthopedic surgeon to set up an op appointment for my 'severe' carpal tunnel...............when we return from our upcoming trip.

Went hiking I like to look for elk/deer horns. I put on 7 miles and 92 floors is what my phone said. I spent about 7 hours walking I also had a snack at noon. A beautiful day but still have snow.

Got a bad blister yesterday from the pliers I was using to pull out dozens and dozens of upholstery tacks from a wingback chair we are recovering.

Woke up this morning and the finger was stiff and the blister hard and filled with.. you know what. That's not good since I am looking at a long day in the HoneyDew mines today, so I heated up a sewing needle and went to work. Good thing too.. it did have nasty stuff therein.

Joked with DW that I should start a clinic because I have also done some of my own minor dentistry lately (filed a sharp tooth and pulled a tooth root).

She was, is and remains unimpressed....:LOL:

Must be a girl thing..;)

Looking at new homes from 750 miles away...

Finished up the taxes. Printed, reviewed and e-filed both. Both accepted by IRS and FTB within 2 hours. Printed the 8949 stuff and mailed to Austin, TX like I had to do last year. Have no clue as to why, TT just informs me it needs to be done.

Woo-hoo, no fraud - :)

Still need to send off 2 big checks as I way underestimated how much dough I would make, but just a fifty dollar penalty for CA.

Saw the WW2 museum in New Orleans. Quite interesting.

Wow...good eyesight!

More than good eyesight, one needs altitude because of the earth curvature.

But nowadays, one may have to squint if looking at Zillow on a small screen. Go to a desktop with a 20" or larger screen, then it's easier. :)

Isn't technology great?

Went to a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. [FONT=&quot]I’ve never seen one in person at Arlington. Three rifle volleys and a live bugler, hearing Taps played that way is hard to listen to. George was my sister’s ex, but there were two kids (now adults) and that’s why we were there. I always did like him, but in small doses. He was a Marine helicopter crew chief (Staff Sgt.) in Vietnam and once, just by coincidence and at the last minute, did not go on a helicopter flight that never came back. Many other stories about him that I'd never heard.[/FONT]

Continued washing and polishing the class C RV. This is a job I tried to do once a year, but did not do last year.

First, the fiberglass body panels must be scrubbed down to remove the clalky film on top. When the surface is dry, I spray on Aerospace 303, and buff it. The buffing is nowhere as hard as needed with wax, but that's still some work, particularly when I have to reposition the ladder moving down the length of the RV.

Don't want to work too hard, so this will take 4 days. The temperature reaches 90F, and the blinding sunlight makes it difficult to see missed spots.

When I take the RV to Alaska later this summer, it will be so glossy the mud and road dirt will fall right off. :)

Continued washing and polishing the class C RV. This is a job I tried to do once a year, but did not do last year.

First, the fiberglass body panels must be scrubbed down to remove the clalky film on top. When the surface is dry, I spray on Aerospace 303, and buff it. The buffing is nowhere as hard as needed with wax, but that's still some work, particularly when I have to reposition the ladder moving down the length of the RV.

Don't want to work too hard, so this will take 4 days. The temperature reaches 90F, and the blinding sunlight makes it difficult to see missed spots.

When I take the RV to Alaska later this summer, it will be so glossy the mud and road dirt will fall right off. :)

Just like a houseboat, my brother spends all summer waxing his 70ft Houseboat....bit by bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom