What is on your Christmas list?

Sorry, WAY late to this party, BUT, I have one you may not believe. I actually ASKED DW for a wallet! And I got it!! I was someplace in early Dec., pulled out my aged wallet and notice it was literally falling apart. So, Santa was right there when I needed him. YMMV

This past summer, DH and I managed to score some sweet mid-pandemic carbon fiber gravel bikes. Lots of $$$ at the time, but we justified it because the outdoor exercise would help us fend off covid. Since then, we have been buying ALL THE STUFF that goes along with enjoying our bikes, so both DH and I have bike accessories, racks, gadgets and wearables on our Christmas lists. Ha!
You can't go wrong with a nice bicycle for Christmas. Nothing like rolling down the road getting some exercise on a piece of mechanical art.
I will probably trade in my tired old recumbent trike (of more than a couple of decades and lots of good memories) for a shiny new one this year. The past year I rode over 3200 miles and with the previous years of wear it has really started to show.I think I got my money's worth out of the old one.

Cheers!

DH accused me of being a mind reader this year. I mostly got snacks & candy- which was perfect since I buy anything that I want already. I gave DH a western belt with conchos w/ a Texas belt buckle $17, A funny covid-19 ornament (truck full of TP, Disinf, etc.), a cashmere scarf $15., a bunch of candy/snacks & a book about electric cars $5. -All from Ebay. A few days after I'd purchased the scarf & watch, he asked for them both! I know him quite well after 18 years. I had snacks & candy trickling in with our many curbside pickup orders.

I wish I could also see the future- that'd be much more profitable! :cool:

In terms of Christmas presents for each other, we have been working our way down over the years and finally reached zero this year. We already have everything we need or want. And if we discover we don't, we just buy it then - no need to wait for Christmas.

DH got me a yeti. I got him running shorts. Incredibly extravagant.

Sorry, WAY late to this party, BUT, I have one you may not believe. I actually ASKED DW for a wallet! And I got it!! I was someplace in early Dec., pulled out my aged wallet and notice it was literally falling apart. So, Santa was right there when I needed him. YMMV

the only place i've found that has the size and type of wallet i like is at the Mesa Market Place flea market. i'm hard on wallets so i usually buy one every 2-years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 1.43.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 1.43.05 PM.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 20
We have rented a small house in Pawleys Island, SC (very nice beach area) for the months of January and February--this will be our Christmas present to each other. It will be a little warmer there so we can do more outside activities and it will be a change of pace, but we will still continue to hunker down there and be safe. It is only 4 hours away so we can easily drive.

We have decided to cancel our Christmas gift trip to the beach due to Covid concerns. The county where we live has about 3% Covid positivity and everyone wears a mask everywhere. The beach area where we had planned to go has a much higher Covid positivity rate and mask wearing appears to be very spotty. So we are just going to stay safe and stay home. Maybe we can reschedule after we get the vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom