What is on your Christmas list?

I have a hammock in my shed from there that we bought many years ago. I used it some in our last house but where we are now we don't have 2 trees large enuff to string it up. I may just bury a couple of 4x6's in the ground and string it up this spring. Your gift to me was the making me think of it again!:cool:

If you join them with a 2x4 from top to top, or some other bar between them, you could use 4x4 maybe even go fancy:

DIY_Hammock_Stand_15.jpg

I'd like a nice popcorn popper and some gourmet popcorn.
Not sure if I should ask for an electric or an air-popper.
(Anyone have a favorite?)
My favorite. the WhirlyPop.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=whirley+...10218900&tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_3t2xmtyfdq_e
I'm also a difficult giftie. No real wants anyone can afford and no needs unmet.
DDs just got me an early present of streaming ESPN and ACC Network. That's more a "keep the old guy from heading to the pub to watch the game and catching Covid" than a Christmas gift though.

Last edited:
Top of my Christmas List is to received a Visa bill in January with a $0 balance.

I can forget that, however.

if you don't expect anything, then you won't be disappointed. my wife bought me a trash can and a clothes basket our 2nd christmas together. seriously.

My DH got me a vacuum cleaner--while we were still dating! :LOL:
Amazingly, we still got married a couple of years later.

(Full disclosure: I had just moved to a new apartment and needed a vacuum, but still...)

We are not much into holiday presents. More so on the anniversary.
Thus our holiday present wish is to remain healthy and free of Covid.

I am getting the one thing I want when I retire on 12/31 - a lifetime of freedom ahead.

No, got that.

A green light for travel to Europe.

+1

Covid-19 vaccine

+1

Also, I have the Apollo 8 photo Earthrise signed by Jim Lovell and Frank Borman. I would love to get Bill Anders too but he doesn't do that.

Attachments

• Frank Borman Signing 3.jpg
    Frank Borman Signing 3.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 33
Nothing. We haven’t bought each other presents other than the first couple of years we were married. If either of us wants something. We buy it.

No, got that.

+1

+1

Also, I have the Apollo 8 photo Earthrise signed by Jim Lovell and Frank Borman. I would love to get Bill Anders too but he doesn't do that.

uncle roy! please leave that to me in your will!

This past summer, DH and I managed to score some sweet mid-pandemic carbon fiber gravel bikes. Lots of $$$ at the time, but we justified it because the outdoor exercise would help us fend off covid. Since then, we have been buying ALL THE STUFF that goes along with enjoying our bikes, so both DH and I have bike accessories, racks, gadgets and wearables on our Christmas lists. Ha!

Apple AirPod Pro.
I have traveled with my Bose noise canceling Headphones. They are not blue tooth and are bulky.
Looking forward to traveling with my new AirPods.

Best part about Apple AirPod Pro’s. I can get up from my desk in the middle of a Zoom call with my volunteer board, go upstairs and make myself another cup of tea and not miss a thing because Bluetooth throughout the house keeps the voices clear everywhere.

Just time with family. I have everything else I need. If I do take up a new hobby, I’ll buy the equipment myself.

Stay healthy and avoid the virus.

My husband keeps asking what I want for Christmas. I can't think of a thing. What's on YOUR Christmas list?

Well Santa, since you ask, I want this lathe.
I know it's on Backorder until late January, but I don't mind.
It's kinda heavy so if you could just deliver into my shed, that would help.
I would like several accessories, the stand, a drill chuck and a boring bar set.
Let me know if you need my shipping address. :dance:
[FONT=&quot] Thank you, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Santa[/FONT]

Attachments

• lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 28
My deceased Dads 1968 RS Camaro, he ordered from factory when Mom made him sell his motorcycle or I would love to have my 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge back together and running like new again. Oh well they are wishes after all.

Great thread!

DH & I both have a hard time guessing what the other wants, since the answer is mostly We don't need a thing. We exchange fun gifts & maybe 2 or 2 or of them is really good. I have two good gifts for DH (genuine cowboy belt & a nice watch). After I'd ordered both, be mentioned he could us a dress watch as his Citizen- 19 yo- is mostly dead. He'd bought me a rose gold watch for my BD, so we'll now match when we're back out in the world (whenever that is!).

Like others, I just wish for this pandemic to end. Until my snow bird Mom arrived, I've seen no family or friends except on Facetime, zoom etc. since Feb. DM was the only risk we were willing to take this year. :popcorn:

Just finished my 'list.' Kids just needed $$ so that made it easy. 1k to 2 kids with households, $100 to 3 old grandkids, $10 + 3 outfits / toy / book to 3 little ones (5, 6, 7 yrs old). Here's the food books that go with the money. Just gave GS2 nuts. 20201217_105518.jpeg

This past summer, DH and I managed to score some sweet mid-pandemic carbon fiber gravel bikes. Lots of $$$ at the time, but we justified it because the outdoor exercise would help us fend off covid. Since then, we have been buying ALL THE STUFF that goes along with enjoying our bikes, so both DH and I have bike accessories, racks, gadgets and wearables on our Christmas lists. Ha!

Lucky you! My carbon-frame gravel bike, ordered in September, isn’t expected until July 2021.

Lucky you! My carbon-frame gravel bike, ordered in September, isn’t expected until July 2021.

I'm grateful to have had my Lightspeed Tuscany titanium road bike already. And I also have this old school Raleigh from the 70s or 80s maybe that someone left for me. Kind of retro-cool.

These have been great pandemic wheels.

I'd love a gravel bike but post pandemic might be better timing for me.

I hope DW's eye "cleanup" from her 2018 cataracts surgery in two weeks is a complete success ...
The procedure was performed today. Took less time than they expected. Her fogged over eye is clear again. Full results won't be known until the dilation passes and the "floaters" from the surgery dissipate in 3-7 days, but her vision has cleared up. I imagine a really good nights' sleep for her would also be helpful.

Thanks Santa, I'm good now! :)

Back
Top Bottom