What is on your Christmas list?

Nothing specific. We have adapted to the "new normal" to a large degree. More air travel in 2021 would be nice. If it does require a vaccine, we are fine with doing that.

In terms of actual gifts, I'm getting all the gifts out of the way for family and friends first before I worry about myself.

To the OP, one thing I do for my wife and kids who want to get me a gift: on places that I shop that allow online lists (e.g.Walmart, Amazon, NewEgg, Home Depot), when I see some "inexpensive" item (< $50) that seems interesting, I add it to my wish list. 95% of the time I do not end up buying it. But this time of the year I share the list with them and say "anything on these lists that you can afford".

As others have mentioned, we buy whatever we want/need so are hard pressed to id Christmas gifts. For years, DH and I splurge big at Christmas and get something for the house that we will enjoy. This year, it's A/C :dance::dance::dance:.

Usually I purchase what I want, but this year I told DH that I wanted a Yamaha electronic keyboard and a year of piano lessons. Being retired, I now have the time to devote to learning an instrument.

During the Covid shutdown in April/May, I built a really nice little 12' bass boat from a fiberglass jon boat. I like it, and it works well but wanted something more maneuverable that I could easily handle loading myself. My wife got me a 10' angler Kayak that I have been modding out for next Spring....Merrry Christmas to me !

My wife and I both agreed we wouldn't buy gifts this year just because it's expected for a holiday. We have a few things we need around the house, like new silverware and pillows for the bed. We are planning to shop for those together, so we can pick items we both like.

We have picked up a few things for our daughter who has her own apartment now, so we can get things she actually needs.

I'd like a nice popcorn popper and some gourmet popcorn.
Not sure if I should ask for an electric or an air-popper.
(Anyone have a favorite?)

Like many here we buy what we want when we want it these days. Our 2 children continue to work from home but we have several relatives whose jobs require them to physically go into work so what we would like most is for them all to continue to avoid catching Covid. My sister in particular would have a really hard time if she caught Covid as she already has lupus and asthma.

We have rented a small house in Pawleys Island, SC (very nice beach area) for the months of January and February--this will be our Christmas present to each other. It will be a little warmer there so we can do more outside activities and it will be a change of pace, but we will still continue to hunker down there and be safe. It is only 4 hours away so we can easily drive.

I just want to spend Christmas with someone that loves me. I think I have it covered this year after meeting a great woman. We are both widower/widows and a second chance is really special. Things are looking up for me.

VW

I just want to spend Christmas with someone that loves me. I think I have it covered this year after meeting a great woman. We are both widower/widows and a second chance is really special. Things are looking up for me.

VW

VanWinkle--Congratulations to you. What a great post!!:flowers:

We have rented a small house in Pawleys Island, SC (very nice beach area) for the months of January and February--this will be our Christmas present to each other. It will be a little warmer there so we can do more outside activities and it will be a change of pace, but we will still continue to hunker down there and be safe. It is only 4 hours away so we can easily drive.

I have a hammock in my shed from there that we bought many years ago. I used it some in our last house but where we are now we don't have 2 trees large enuff to string it up. I may just bury a couple of 4x6's in the ground and string it up this spring. Your gift to me was the making me think of it again!:cool:

What I want is likely not to happen, given how the news has been playing out.

So, in light of that, I hope DW's eye "cleanup" from her 2018 cataracts surgery in two weeks is a complete success. Supposedly, many patients develop scar tissue around the new lens after cataracts surgery. Usually happens 6-18 months afterward. DW has been trying to deal with this herself (eye exercises and such), but she realized a few months ago her vision in one eye had deteriorated.

Her exam last Friday indicated she needs to have this scar tissue lasered. Everything else looks fine. The procedure itself will last 1.5-2 hours, but most of that will be prep and post-laser because of sedation, sterilization, and COVID-19. The laser treatment itself for both eyes will last less than 10 minutes, likely less than 5 minutes.

DW had been wearing contacts since she was a young teenager, and the cataracts surgery in 2018 was so successful than she was able to drive and read all but fine print without any additional correction. I want her to get that back.

Nothing we want or need.

For the past few years we have asked out children to simply donate some money to their local food bank. Makes it easy for them...may get a book each from our son but that will be the extent of it.

I have a hammock in my shed from there that we bought many years ago. I used it some in our last house but where we are now we don't have 2 trees large enuff to string it up. I may just bury a couple of 4x6's in the ground and string it up this spring. Your gift to me was the making me think of it again!:cool:

Yes, Pawleys Island is famous for the Pawleys Island Hammock Shop. A very neat area. Have you been there or did you order the hammock online?

DW and I tend to get things as we need them which usually means we do not need or want anything for Christmas. My wish is for Covid to start dwindling away rather quickly. If not, we will probably not be taking any trips this winter, although we might get cabin fever and decide to get away for a driving trip.

I keep a list during the year for when people ask me, mostly my husband and children. This year I had a book, an electric juicer and shoes on my list.

if you don't expect anything, then you won't be disappointed. my wife bought me a trash can and a clothes basket our 2nd christmas together. seriously.

Yes, Pawleys Island is famous for the Pawleys Island Hammock Shop. A very neat area. Have you been there or did you order the hammock online?

We bought it there. We were camping at Ocean Lakes Campground and took a daytrip down thru that area. We haven't been up in that area in about 15 years but plan to head up there possibly this summer/fall if this crap is under control.

We bought a portable, professional massage chair. We had a massage table, but gave it to DD.
Since it is mostly back/shoulder issues for both of us, this chair is great and much easier to adjust, takes up way less space. Nothing better than massage for pain! We use sweet almond oil and THC cream.

Nice. We visited Pawley's Island for the first time in September to celebrate my 60th B'day. Rented a condo on the beach. We like it so much we stayed a few extra days.

Back
Top Bottom