Join Early Retirement Today

What is on your Christmas list?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

What is on your Christmas list?

My husband keeps asking what I want for Christmas. I can't think of a thing. What's on YOUR Christmas list?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Administrator

All I want for Christmas is 2021. It can’t come soon enough
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:40 PM   #3

BMW X3, although I’ll probably wait till the spring to get it.
I hate getting brand new cars caked with road salt right away.
freedomatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Really, nothing..... Not trying to be "Scrooge like" here but when I want something, I just get it... I'm tired of waiting for stuff...
Old 12-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

C2 Corvette (1963 - 1967), restored, convertible, 327 - 350 HP, 4 speed Muncie transmission (any color except black). Note, this has been on my list for the last 30 years.

Actually, this year I *requested* new socks, underwear and a NY Yankee branded sweatshirt with no hood.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomatlast View Post
BMW X3, although I’ll probably wait till the spring to get it.
I hate getting brand new cars caked with road salt right away.
Santa recommends the X3 30e hybrid, no issues on ours delivered June 2020. It gets about 65mpge, and about 32 on road trips and has plenty of poop!

On my list is a hitch extension for my motorcycle carrier to mount on the front hitch of my truck AND somewhere we can actually go with it.
Happyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
C2 Corvette (1963 - 1967), restored, convertible, 327 - 350 HP, 4 speed Muncie transmission (any color except black). Note, this has been on my list for the last 30 years.

Actually, this year I *requested* new socks, underwear and a NY Yankee branded sweatshirt with no hood.
I think you have a pretty good chance of getting everything you asked for,,,,, in your second paragraph...

But if I were going for the first item on your list, I'd want a fully restored 67' with a L88 in it... Any color would do (not picky)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

I could sure use a cover for my Jaguar convertible. Otherwise, I'm not in need of anything.

It's been years since my wife and I have exchanged anything but the gift of travel. And 2020 and 2021 are hunkered down and not going anywhere.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
C2 Corvette (1963 - 1967), restored, convertible, 327 - 350 HP, 4 speed Muncie transmission (any color except black). Note, this has been on my list for the last 30 years. WANTS

Actually, this year I *requested* new socks, underwear and a NY Yankee branded sweatshirt with no hood. NEEDS

Classic example of wants vs needs

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
I think you have a pretty good chance of getting everything you asked for,,,,, in your second paragraph...

But if I were going for the first item on your list, I'd want a fully restored 67' with a L88 in it... Any color would do (not picky)
My sights aren't that high! LOL - my old 65' would be fine, if I could get it back, but that's as improbable as getting the girlfriend (at that time) to reappear in the passenger seat!

There are just some dreams I can't get rid of at my ripe old age.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #11

Pretty much nothing. The minor things I want, I just get and the very expensive things I want, well, I can't get those.

We're struggling with this right now. Our DD's and grandkids want to get us things. Certainly, that's understandable. Unfortunately, I get what I want (see above) and we really want nothing (see declutter thread). DW and I are thinking about setting something in motion to have the family donate to a cause in our name for future gift giving.

Been feeling like I should get DW something, but I get her stuff she wants all year (I'm the buyer, she just shops). So not sure what to do for Christmas, but at best, it will be something small in both size and dollar value. We just don't need anything. And, we are so very grateful to be in that position.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugeauxgirl View Post
My husband keeps asking what I want for Christmas. I can't think of a thing. What's on YOUR Christmas list?
Well, could somebody PLEASE give me an immediate, decisive, and final end to the worldwide pandemic? Right now, please?

Other than that, my Christmas list is looking pretty sparse. Like Car-Guy, when I want something I buy it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Really, nothing..... Not trying to be "Scrooge like" here but when I want something, I just get it... I'm tired of waiting for stuff...
I don't exchange holiday gifts with anybody. Usually I try to think of something to buy for myself in January, but this year I'm stumped.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

If you get a red/white 1962 Corvette by mistake - let me know. I’ll be glad to take it off your hands.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

The only thing on my list is a wool Tilley winter hat.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
If you get a red/white 1962 Corvette by mistake - let me know. I’ll be glad to take it off your hands.
Noted!
Old 12-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #16

I am getting the one thing I want when I retire on 12/31 - a lifetime of freedom ahead.

Thank You, Santa.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Apple AirPod Pro.
I have traveled with my Bose noise canceling Headphones. They are not blue tooth and are bulky.
Looking forward to traveling with my new AirPods.
whatnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #18

I'm with W2R on this one, an end to the pandemic by Christmas would do nicely. Thanks.

Failing that, a Turbo Timber model airplane would fill one of the empty spots on the basement ceiling nicely. It's a STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) airplane. Check out the "water takeoff" on floats (included) from a puddle at 1:29.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #19
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I am getting the one thing I want when I retire on 12/31 - a lifetime of freedom ahead.

Thank You, Santa.
The gift that keeps on giving. Congrats!

I've been trying to think of items that I'd want. Like others have said, I'm hard to buy for because when I want or need something, I usually prefer to just buy it myself. I've thought of a couple of items:

Large Hydroflask for hiking, etc. DW & the kids each have their own and are happy with them, while I'm usually scrounging through the cheaper/freebie water bottles we've accumulated.

New tennis shoes in my preferred brand/model/color/size. I'll be needing them soon anyway.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

I want my husband and my mother to get the Covid vaccine ASAP. I will get mine later--DH and DM need it much more than I do.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote