What to post on LinkedIn for FIRE?

I just completely cancelled today. Don’t know why I was hanging on. 90% of my feeds were people from different Pharmaceutical companies patting themselves on the back with sickening statements like...”I am just so honored and humbled to have won Presidents Club again!” “I wish everyone could qualify like me...see you in Maui!”

Couldn’t take it anymore.

I still like seeing what's going on in my industry and what my former colleagues are doing. I do get tired of the self-promotion, the "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" promotion of others and the automated "Say Congrats" responses. There are also a couple of connections who treat it more like FaceBook. I can ignore them all.

How about "FREE"?

I keep thinking about deleting my account... but then I get an email about someone viewing my profile or a colleagues work anniversary and its a good reminder to be thankful for where I am today.

Kind of like forgetting what day of the week (or what month) it is!

I think mine currently reads "life hacker" :D

I did let my contacts know that I retired, and changed my status to "Independent Consultant" (ask me anything, I will be happy to give an answer. No guarantees if it is right :D).

Consulting fees:
Answers:$1
Correct answers:$10
Useful answers:$50
Telling you which questions you SHOULD be asking:$200

Purposely did not open a Linked In account when working, retired now and don't want another job, so I guess that's that.

In the OP's situation, I'd probably just leave my Linked In work status as is and not change anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom