When will Martha retire?

• Before June 2006

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • June 2006

Votes: 9 24.3%

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2008 or later

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Never: Dies in an "accident" involving a guy living in her basement.

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
I have an unemployed son that I'll donate.

And then I'll think about joining after I see how I like living alone.

To foster group bonding, Jarhead can teach everyone about zeeee beaver and the shooting of it!
Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
4) On Saturdays, all work not completed during the week will be done by "the Saturday nite drinking crowd." They will receive all the wine they can drink in one evening if they complete chores not completed by others. Others will receive one glass--maybe, but especially if they're female. If this works well, Tuesdays and Thursdays could also be made into drinking nites. But if done more than three nites/week, one nite must be reserved for AA meetings or naps.

Life could be sooooo good. :D

--Greg

Greg -

I need to hear the female to male ratios before I sign the papers. And I think you are in trouble when Martha gets home.

wildcat said:
Greg -

I need to hear the female to male ratios before I sign the papers.  And I think you are in trouble when Martha gets home.

Humm I'm betting it's a 2 to 1 ratio - female to male.

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
. . .But if done more than three nites/week, one nite must be reserved for AA meetings or naps.

. . .

I was with you till this.  You're already setting up rules I can't live with.

:p

Outtahere said:
Humm I'm betting it's a 2 to 1 ratio - female to male.
I'm living that now, and it hasn't turned out quite the way I pictured it when I was 14.

I forgot to mention the 'secret carrot.' After we get the place up and running, we'll have paintball fights contests on Sunday afternoons to ventilate prior 'truth' sessions. We should have a red team and a blue team. I nominate SG for leader of the blue team. For the red team, someone should ask GWB to nominate a team leader ;), and he should also run their strategy and tactic operations from his ranch in Texas :LOL:--while he's on his vacations.

Now here is where the 'secret carrot' part comes up: We'll get cheerleaders for these contests, wearing skimpy outfiits and high heels--and maybe cowgirl hats. And nylons with little seams up the back. My guess is that our women folk will have no part in this important aspect of wargames, pronounceing it silliness or worse. So I nominate pineapple girl as our cheerleader leader. She could bend over to pour us wine if the bottle stays put.

Time for me to go away for some longer time. I'm doing this voluntarily. DW does NOT have a remote control.

--not-GregTroll

If you set it up in Utah, we can all have several wives (why in the world would anyone want more than one? :eek:). We can have church all day Sunday and family night on Monday. Wednesday services start at 5. Saturday will be spent running to soccer games and shopping so we can get to bed early at night and get to church on time.

On the other hand....what about Oregon?

SteveR said:
We can have church all day Sunday and family night on Monday.  Wednesday services start at 5.  Saturday will be spent running to soccer games and shopping so we can get to bed early at night and get to church on time.
Why am I suddenly feeling thirsty for Kool-Aid?

SteveR said:
If you set it up in Utah, we can all have several wives (why in the world would anyone want more than one?  :eek:).  We can have church all day Sunday and family night on Monday.  Wednesday services start at 5.  Saturday will be spent running to soccer games and shopping so we can get to bed early at night and get to church on time.

Only if we get special polka-dot jesus jammies to wear...

OK, back on topic: ME.

Went out to lunch today with a partner who is turning 65 this year. His wife is 49. We were talking about our spouses and how they scare us with their gloom and doom talk about the market, inflation, etc. My partner's plans currently are to work five more years. His wife is scaring him into it. I think he would like to retire.

Martha said:

Went out to lunch today with a partner who is turning 65 this year. His wife is 49.  We were talking about our spouses and how they scare us with their gloom and doom talk about the market, inflation, etc.  My partner's plans currently are to work five more years.  His wife is scaring him into it.  I think he would like to retire.

Sounds like my boss. He also has more money than he will ever know what to do with.  :-\

Martha said:

Went out to lunch today with a partner who is turning 65 this year. His wife is 49. We were talking about our spouses and how they scare us with their gloom and doom talk about the market, inflation, etc. My partner's plans currently are to work five more years. His wife is scaring him into it. I think he would like to retire.

My nemesis (to make a long story short) at work today told about his wife's brother-in-law dropping dead suddenly at age 43. He seemed almost jolly about it so I didn't offer condolences. He seemed to bring it up to emphasize his own perserverence through multiple heart problems. I'm pretty sure "my nemesis" is set for a full private and military retirment, company stock options from when it was a startup and other investments, but the guy still works. I expect he'll die at his desk, but not before he reflects his triumph of living longer than some others...

BigMoneyJim said:
My nemesis (to make a long story short) at work today told about his wife's brother-in-law dropping dead suddenly at age 43. He seemed almost jolly about it so I didn't offer condolences. He seemed to bring it up to emphasize his own perserverence through multiple heart problems. I'm pretty sure "my nemesis" is set for a full private and military retirment, company stock options from when it was a startup and other investments, but the guy still works. I expect he'll die at his desk, but not before he reflects his triumph of living longer than some others...

"Living longer" is way overrated. I know/see lots of folks who
live to 80s. 90s. etc. If this is the benchmark to judge my life,
I'd just as soon check out early.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
"Living longer" is way overrated.  I know/see lots of folks who
live to 80s. 90s. etc.  If this is the benchmark to judge my life,

JG
Had you seen FIL at the end, you would know this is spot on.

OTOH, We know several 80-year olds who rock.  DW likes to line-dance.  These particular 80 years+ get on with it.  Must be in the genes.  Plus attitude, of course. Gotta be healthy, not just existing.

To reiterate, I'm pushing for 100.  That would be 2043.  Wonder if they'll have a cure for alzheimers, most cancers, etc. by then?  Even if they do, it'll not prevent the exit.  As Gilda Radner said, "It's always something." ;)

Eagle43 said:
To reiterate, I'm pushing for 100.  That would be 2043.  Wonder if they'll have a cure for alzheimers, most cancers, etc. by then?  Even if they do, it'll not prevent the exit.  As Gilda Radner said, "It's always something." ;)

Eagle 43:  Sounds like you're bound and determined to see Houston win the World Series.

Hope both of you make it. ;)

Cool, Jarhead. It'll probably take that long. :D

Hey, have you heard about that movie Jarhead. I heard from a right-winger, that it's a gloomy look at returning Iraqi vets. But, I don't know that for a fact. Maybe somebody does.

MRGALT2U said:
"Living longer" is way overrated.  I know/see lots of folks who
live to 80s. 90s. etc.  If this is the benchmark to judge my life,

JG

Spend some time in "Assisted Living" or a "Full Care Center" and you will agree that "it isn't the age.....its the mileage" that will do you in. My mother is in Asst. Living now and there are folks there from late 50's to over 100. It is a scary place at lunch watching these people trying to eat and deal with living in this situation. :(

I hope I can just live life as fully as I can and then drop dead of a sudden heart attack when I am done....waving my last dollar on the way out.

SteveR said:
Spend some time in "Assisted Living" or a "Full Care Center" and you will agree that "it isn't the age.....its the mileage" that will do you in. My mother is in Asst. Living now and there are folks there from late 50's to over 100. It is a scary place at lunch watching these people trying to eat and deal with living in this situation. :( I hope I can just live life as fully as I can and then drop dead of a sudden heart attack when I am done....waving my last dollar on the way out.
Agree. MIL went thru Assisted Living into Nursing Home.
AL not half bad really compared to the nursing home. :(
My preferred method of departure from this earthly plain is in bed with wife :smitten::smitten: :D :D and then being obliterated immediately afterward together by a meteor. :angel: :angel:

Eagle43 said:
Cool, Jarhead.  It'll probably take that long.  :D

Hey, have you heard about that movie Jarhead.  I heard from a right-winger, that it's a gloomy look at returning Iraqi vets.  But, I don't know that for a fact.  Maybe somebody does.

Eagle43: This thread is already blown to smithereens so what the hell. ;)

We saw a HBO special on the making of it the other day, but haven't heard any reports of the movie.

The last well known movie re: the Marine Corps.
(Full Metal Jacket), really upset the brass, and knocked their recruiting efforts for a loop. A little more realistic than the old fairy tales that Hollywood used to spin about the Corps.

"Lord, let me get through this, because I sincerely want a piece of that damn recruiter." ;)

Jarhead

Back
Top Bottom