Will Politics Play a Role in Your ER decision?

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm getting close and I'm thinking that if we get a Democratic President and Congress that there will be less incentive to w*rk due to higher tax rates and "redistribution of wealth" (which sounds great as long as you're on the receiving end). Therefore ER might happen sooner. Anyone else thinking along those lines?

political impact

I think if they come up with a natioanl health care system with affordable premiums you would see a wave of early retirements.

I'm waiting for lifetime medical. No matter who wins, McCain or Obama, I plan to retire in 443 days.

flatrock is right - - I would retire tomorrow if health insurance was not a worry.

My current plan is to retire in 465 days when I become eligible for lifetime medical benefits (just like Want2retire, although she has me beat by a few days). That's when I turn 50. A big motivating factor are taxes, which eat up much of my hard work. If taxes are raised, it will simply motivate me all the more.

Angus Maddison.

:D :D :D

heh heh heh - :cool: Yes it's a trick question/answer.

Many say we will have some form of healthcare reform no matter who wins the election.

Apparently even insurance companies (and some of those against it the last time) are pushing for it. I suppose they think it is inevitable so they want to try to influence direction rather than fight it.

Many say we will have some form of healthcare reform no matter who wins the election.

I can even give you a good approximation of when that will happen. Given my past record of inordinately bad luck, it will take just about exactly 442 more days before healthcare reform is in place and working. :rolleyes:

Oh well. At least I don't have any worries due to the recent economic troubles. The concern retirees have been expressing during the past year is merely hypothetical to me, since I am still adding to my nestegg and not withdrawing from it. Said nestegg is looking strong and sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom