Work: Do you ever do things to have your manager STFU?

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I will say my new manager is a very nice lady.  The flip side is she is very non-technical, fussy and micromanages.  I can pretty much handle the first two pitfalls.  I cannot handle micromanaging.  It makes me want to tell her to go "_____ off" (sorry Laurence).  My boss has been nagging me about this one thing (think Office Space "TPS Reports") for 4 days now.  She just wants it done for the sake of having it done versus having it serve any sort of value in what we're doing. 

I'm so done with my employer, so any threat of being "talked to" does not phase me in the very least.  I'm about ready to give corporate america the double middle finger any day now  :)

Thanks again for listening to my semi-rant.

LOL! Don't apologize to me! I hear ya, sister! My bosses aren't the problem, but this week I had to submit an LDAR - don't ask me what it stands for, but I entered some labor wrong, used the wrong charge code and this form corrects it. Three pay periods, three forms. 2 were rejected by the system, 1 accepted. I recieve and email saying, "please state the reason for this incorrect use of charge number xxxx and the corrective action you will take in the future to prevent this from re-occuring." ...uh, I said in the form, used wrong charge number by mistake, uh, corrective action, don't make any more mistakes....? Of course, they blind carbon copied my chain of command so my phone was ringing off the hook...at least my management found it just as wacky as I did. :p

Yeah, I was trying to figure out why she was apologizing to ya too. Maybe that muzzled gunfire scared her a bit..? ;)

Back
Top Bottom