Can I view "Thanks" sent?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I can see PMs Received and Sent, and I can see "Thanks" received. But I can't find a way to see 'THANKS" Sent?

A few times, the window collapsed on me, and I'm not sure if that was because I bumped the return/enter key and actually did send it, or did it not get sent. I'd like to check by viewing the sent "Thanks".

Ummmm - "Thanks" in advance (at least I'll be able to see this one! :)

-ERD50

As far as I know, the answer is no, you can't see the thanks you have sent.

This is not exactly what you are asking for, and I don't know if it will help at all! But anyway here's something I discovered by accident, that has helped me out several times.

You can see the "Thanks" sent to one particular post, by clicking on "Thanks" for that post. There it is, as though you just typed it in and are ready to send it.

Then you can tell if you sent it or not, by trying to send it again; if you sent it already, it won't let you send it again.

Not a perfect solution, but one that has been convenient now and then. I don't know if it works later (at any time other than immediately after typing in the "Thanks" message).

(Edited to add: I just tested it by typing a message into the Thanks box and not sending it. Then I shut my computer down and restarted it. The message vanished.... oh well! So much for that idea. :rolleyes:

This is not exactly what you are asking for, and I don't know if it will help at all! But anyway here's something I discovered by accident, that has helped me out several times.

You can see the "Thanks" sent to one particular post, by clicking on "Thanks" for that post. There it is, as though you just typed it in and are ready to send it.

Then you can tell if you sent it or not, by trying to send it again; if you sent it already, it won't let you send it again.

Not a perfect solution, but one that has been convenient now and then. I don't know if it works later (at any time other than immediately after typing in the "Thanks" message).

(Edited to add: I just tested it by typing a message into the Thanks box and not sending it. Then I shut my computer down and restarted it. The message vanished.... oh well! So much for that idea. :rolleyes:

Actually that DID help! And "Thanks!" (which I also sent as a test).

When I thanked you, I noticed that a pop up appeared that my Thanks was sent, and as you pointed out, it wouldn't let me send a second one. I didn't recall seeing that pop-up on the previous one, so maybe I did slip up and never sent the one in the other thread?

So I went back to that other thread, the message box was blank, so I retyped it and it accepted it and gave the 'sent' pop-up, so obviously it never did send the first attempt. And I verified by trying a 2nd time, and it told me I couldn't do a second. So I'm good.

So that helps for slip ups (technical/internet glitches, finger slips, or mental slips!), and is useful. But if you want to go back in history to review, and don't recall the exact post, or what you wrote, I guess no soup for me!

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom