countdown

Rustic23

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I notice that at least one user has a countdown in their signature. However, I believe it may be manual. It would be nice, as this is a board where many are counting down to something, to have an auto countdown for the signature line.

I notice that at least one user has a countdown in their signature. However, I believe it may be manual. It would be nice, as this is a board where many are counting down to something, to have an auto countdown for the signature line.
I had a manual counter of sorts for a while, but it was going backward...

Mine is manual, but that's because I like it that way. Part of my morning routine is to compute the days, months, years, and pay periods left in my Excel spreadsheet, then write these in red marker on my white board, and then come here and change the days in my signature file. It is something that I like to do. I wouldn't want it done automatically because I get a little thrill out of lowering the number myself. Kind of stupid, but I do.

If/when that gets boring, I'll just remove it from my signature file.

Eternity.jpg

I run another board for DD. There are ones on there for vacation, weddings, moving and several other things. I think there is even one for 'new baby'

The counters require the Image tag to be enabled for signatures. We have opted to not have images in signatures in favor of simple clutter free interface. I know the countdowns can be a lot of fun for members and some like Days Since Quitting Smoking can also be helpful. Although it's not at the top of the list I have noted this request and will see if there is a way we can allow countdowns/countups in a text format in signatures in the future.

Mine is manual, but that's because I like it that way. Part of my morning routine is to compute the days, months, years, and pay periods left in my Excel spreadsheet, then write these in red marker on my white board, and then come here and change the days in my signature file. It is something that I like to do. I wouldn't want it done automatically because I get a little thrill out of lowering the number myself.

So this is what government scientists do :rolleyes:

My countdown clock is purely manual, however I work in the private sector so calculating months is all the time I can afford. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom