Display NEWEST POSTS FIRST mode (in a thread)?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This has been bugging me. I'd like to see (or know how to) display the newest posts at the top, and let them flow down the page in reverse chron order.

When this really gets me is, a thread gets interesting, then suddenly it rolls over to a new page, and all I see is a single post. I lose all the continuity.

With NEWEST FIRST you would always have the most recent 25 (or whatever it is) posts there for continuity.

Is there a way for me to do this? The "DISPLAY MODES" tool does not seem to have this option.

OK - in an attempt not to totally embarrass myself, I made one more look through the tools. Well, what do you know? I guess I shouldn't look under the obvious things labeled "DISPLAY MODES" :nonono:, but I should look under:

"USER CP",

look to the left columns for "Settings & Options",

click "Edit Options", which opens a new page

scroll way down to "Thread Display Options " and there you will find a box:

"Thread Display Mode" with the pull down that includes:

"LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST".

Geez, right there in front of me the whole time! :rolleyes:

Much better - maybe this will be of help to others.

Oh, and also "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" is there too.

-ERD50

Last edited:
:D

Well, I was going to do the NEVER MIND thing, and just delete my post, but then I figured if I had trouble finding this, others have too. So I added:

Much better - maybe this will be of help to others.

-ERD50

Yes, this was useful to me because I hadn't realized I could have more posts per page. I set mine to 100, but would prefer to always have all posts on a single page. The scroll bar is easy to use.

Yes, this was useful to me because I hadn't realized I could have more posts per page. I set mine to 100, but would prefer to always have all posts on a single page. The scroll bar is easy to use.

Same as what TromboneAl said. Also, when I went to User CP, I found a couple of thanks there. Cool!:)

Back
Top Bottom