How Does the IGNORE Function Work?

My ignore user list is smallish, just 26.

Ignored threads is decent size, with almost 300 there.

Nice to have these options as well as ignore forum (Covid).

I've found that there's just too much content for me, and have to slap some filters on the dang thing.

Is this new? I've used the function for years and in the past, it did hide my posts. I gleaned this from the content of subsequent posts by the IGNORED, indicating my posts were not visible to them.
I never got an answer to this, but I'd swear that IGNOREES used to comment that they couldn't see my posts until they were quoted. Anyone else recall this?

I never got an answer to this, but I'd swear that IGNOREES used to comment that they couldn't see my posts until they were quoted. Anyone else recall this?

You can only control what you see, not what others see. I really was not joking earlier when I said that maybe they were ignoring you and stopped. There is probably a substantial overlap between the most frequent ignorers and the most frequent ignorees.

Last edited by a moderator:
......... I really was not joking earlier when I said that maybe they were ignoring you and stopped.....
Thanks, I guess I need to work on getting them to ignore me, too. :LOL:

I’d like to be able to ignore specific threads (not members) from the mobile app. You can do it but you have to drop into full web view.

There are just some topics that don’t interest me but are still quite popular. The classic “It’s not you, it’s me” kiss off line.

Back
Top Bottom