Let me in, wheee-oo, wheee-oo (sp)???

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
OK, nobody under 65 is going to recognize that line from the song, title which I forgot. Actually, it might be "I Hear Music." Or it be might be "I Thought You Were My Friend." But, not both.

OK, back to the topic, which has not yet been brought up.

I deleted all my cookies and history a few days ago and now I can't get back onto the FIRE website unless I type in my user name and then type in my password. It doesn't help to check the remember me box. It just refuses to remember me (I figure it's a defense mechanism).

This is frustrating because I want to keep up with the furniture polish thread, but I don't want to have to introduce myself to the website each time I show up (although it is a small price to pay).

So, what's a duck to do?

Do you have your browser set to delete history and cookies upon shutdown?

This must be the song, "Let me in". It was released in 1962. I know of many songs much older than this, but this escaped me.

So, you asked what's a duck to do. The computer does not recognize you somehow. Well, did you change the way you walk, swim, and [-]quack[/-] talk?

"Let Me In" - YouTube

Last edited:
Do you have your browser set to delete history and cookies upon shutdown?

Well, maybe I do and maybe I don't. Actually, thanks, I DID. And, now it's corrected. Nice job, Gumby.

All is well, so off we go to the furniture polish thread.

OK, nobody under 65 is going to recognize that line from the song, title which I forgot. Actually, it might be "I Hear Music." Or it be might be "I Thought You Were My Friend." But, not both.

So, what's a duck to do?

Age 53 here, and this is the only version I knew about up until now.
Can't help with the log-in issue, but by all means enjoy Bonnie. :flowers:

Bonnie Raitt - Let Me In - YouTube

This must be the song, "Let me in". It was released in 1962. I know of many songs much older than this, but this escaped me.

So, you asked what's a duck to do. The computer does not recognize you somehow. Well, did you change the way you walk, swim, and [-]quack[/-] talk?

"Let Me In" - YouTube

OK, if you must know I tried to change my password to:

Ju%9+ah2$Pz9*qT#(kN1@

but it was already taken. That, and I tried to change my quack, hoping for a more masculine sound. Apparently it didn't work as well as I had hoped. And, please don't bother finding ducks quacking on UTUBE. (I know, you're on it already).

And, yeah, that's the song. You're getting good at this.

And, please don't bother finding ducks quacking on UTUBE. (I know, you're on it already).
I had to run out to make dinner. Frying some battered cod in a gas fryer in the back yard. People are going to ask where Mrs NWB is, and why he is doing this.

I could say that it is none of your business, but then you would wonder if my wife made me do all the domestic chores, which is not at all true. So, please be assured that she has some other business to attend to outside of the house, and I'd rather be frying fish than doing what she has to do now. OK?

Anyway, coming back here and see your recommendation, and what do you know, I just had to search on youtube for duck quacks. Gee, you know better than to give people ideas.

Last edited:
Great, "Let Me In" was first released in 1962--the year I graduated from high school. So, they will be playing this song and I'll be thinking of NW-Bound. There is something very wrong with that. Actually, I never heard Bonnie Raitt's version. I hate to admit it, but I like it better than the Sensations' version, so Freebird will come to mind. Nothing wrong with that. Then, some female mallards quacking in French will enter my thoughts. Everything is wrong with that. This is going to be a quite a reunion I'll be attending.

Gumby, this is a lot for one person to deal with in an evening. Feel free to close this thread.

Is it hard to believe I only have 416 posts?

Same here. It reminds me of steamy nights in the back of my '55 Chevy the summer before I took off for college and left that gal behind.

Steamy nights in the back of your what color(s) '55 Chevy? Just a great car.

Hmm, this back seat '55 Chevy thing might give the title of the song a whole new meaning.

Why assume anybody made anybody do anything? Any reasonable division of household labor would have the male doing the cod-battering. Let alone the outdoor gas-frying.

Amethyst

I had to run out to make dinner. Frying some battered cod in a gas fryer in the back yard. People are going to ask where Mrs NWB is, and why he is doing this.

I could say that it is none of your business, but then you would wonder if my wife made me do all the domestic chores,

"Any reasonable division of household labor would have the male doing the cod-battering. Let alone the outdoor gas-frying." - Amethyst

Really! I thought the custom is that the male always does outdoor grilling. Gas frying is kind of related to that. But preparing the cod is in the exclusive male domain too? Hmm... Are you sure about that, ma'am? ;)

Here in this household, I do only some of the cooking. And get this, I do all of the carpet vacuuming! Don't remember how it started, but it has been that way forever.

When I wrote the above post, I was thinking that I had been talking about my making goulash, duck a l'orange, and cioppino, etc... and have never talked about my wife's cooking. I would not want people to think that my wife does not cook. In fact, she does most of the cooking. I would not want to steal all the credit. I also know some households where nobody cooks.

Last edited:
"Any reasonable division of household labor would have the male doing the cod-battering. Let alone the outdoor gas-frying." - Amethyst

When I wrote the above post, I was thinking that I had been talking about my making goulash, duck a l'orange, and cioppino, etc....

The favorite around here is duck l'rouge. (although I just might be misspelling it).

I guess it was the mention of "battering" the cod that got me :LOL: The sensible chores for men are the ones which involve heavy effort, e.g. child-toting, vacuuming, scrubbing, battering, etc. And yes, definitely anything involving grills or open flames. Or pesticides.

Amethyst

Really! I thought the custom is that the male always does outdoor grilling. Gas frying is kind of related to that. But preparing the cod is in the exclusive male domain too? Hmm... Are you sure about that, ma'am? ;)

I guess it was the mention of "battering" the cod that got me :LOL: The sensible chores for men are the ones which involve heavy effort, e.g. child-toting, vacuuming, scrubbing, battering, etc. And yes, definitely anything involving grills or open flames. Or pesticides.

Amethyst

Also all garbage and creating and disposing of dead rodents are on the men's list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom