Moving Servers (Friday 8:00 am EST)

Andy R

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
I am really sorry for the late notice but we wanted to rush to move the site to a new server so Dory could have some fun with some upgrades on his server on Saturday (true nerds). So we will be attempting to move the forum community to a new server tomorrow at 8:00 am EST. We have practiced the move a couple of times in the last week and all went smoothly. So as long as we don't get a visit from the Honorable Mr. Murphy, we should be down for an hour or two.

We set the DNS refresh rate to 15 minutes yesterday so your ISP's DNS should refresh pretty fast. We will have a message on the old server with a link to the new ISP in the event your DNS is not refreshing fast enough.

Once again, I appologize for the late notice about this move. We hope it will go very smoothly and then we will have that behind us.

We will post updates to this thread...

Hey Andy,
That is just fine by me! I will be transporting a friend in for knee surgery and not back till afternoon. I should be able to catch up in no time then! I suggest all others take a walk or shiver fast and make a pot of soup in the morning! :D

As I understand it this is simply a server move and won't change anything about how you access or use the board. Andy's moved a few boards, and dory36 and I moved this one a couple of times, and I think between us we have it down pretty smooth these days, so all should be well.

Worst case scenario in the past was AOL users spending most of the day unable to reach the new server, but I don't expect that problem for this move.

The new server should speedy just like the current server.

Well, that should teach us to declare how smooth things will go and how good we are at things!

Wasn't too bad, though. And things seem to be going swimmingly now here on the new server. Is it my imagination or are things faster now?

Did something change?...:)

Seems to have gone smoothly.

Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Billy said:
Did something change?...:)

Seems to have gone smoothly.

Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

I'm glad they seem to have gone smoothly. To the public eye nothing has really changed, it just took some more downtime than originally anticipated and some fun juggling behind the scenes.

Hat's off to you guys.

Congratulations.

Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Nice work. I logged in earlier and got the message that things were moving. An hour later, everything is back to normal.

Thanks.

Looks good. It was weird last night around 7pm pacific time. Lots of long delays and drags.

I too got the early morning message. Later I could not reach the forum no way. I can now from home, but couldn't from w*rk. Guess I'll just have to w*rk when I'm there.

It's taking a while for the DNS change to propagate. At work I'm still getting the old address, at 3:42PM MST Friday, when I do an nslookup. I came in through a web anonymiser and made it ok.

Oh, and I no longer get the temp page at the old address.

Coach

pfpelican said:
I too got the early morning message. Later I could not reach the forum no way. I can now from home, but couldn't from w*rk. Guess I'll just have to w*rk when I'm there.

I agree... I could not get it at that place also... did what was asked and nothing... very boring day I might add

PS... I went searching and found a sight that calls all of you guys "Goons".. WELL, That is the problem!!! :LOL:

Well, we tried for goons-r-us.com and goonsRus.com. But would you believe that both domains are taken?

Texas Proud said:
PS... I went searching and found a sight that calls all of you guys "Goons".. WELL, That is the problem!!! :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
Did they have a "Goon link" to get you here? ;)

Hey! Wait a cotton pickin' minute!!! What's the matter with being a Goon:confused:

However...if they were inferring that everyone on here is like me...then yeah, there is a REAL problem!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom