Response time is painfull slowwwwwww.

riskadverse

Full time employment: Posting here.
I can't even get a reply in without timing out the connection.

Working ok for me in Northern Ca. Maybe you got an issue in your area?

I had two timeouts about 10 min ago, trying to log on. Western PA.

This often is the slowest site I visit, with several time-outs or screens with just the logo appearing and the rest of the window the pale blue background color.

Dial up or cable modem?

Broadband. It's like this board hesitates for what seems like several seconds when I move from screen to screen (obviously it hasn't affected my posting numbers :) )

I have never had a problem, except for the threads where people have posted a gazillion Youtube vidoes.

I sometimes have a problem with all websites if I have not reset my browser and cleared the cache in a very long time.

Often the time outs are result of waiting for the tracking websites like google analytics or some others in a hold mode. At one point I posted the the tracking websites on this forum. It is in the Other Topics section.

I have slowest RR (Road Runner) with Time Warner Cable (TW) and have never experienced what is suggested here with this site. Actually, it is on a par (same or better) than other sites I log onto (CNN, Drudge, Banks and CU). BTW I also have the system set to show 100 replies per page and even LONG threads load pretty fast.

However, last week, I was doing a reinstall of the OS and programs all day (new Motherboard, Hard Drive courtesy of Dell) and early in the day everything was coming down (downloading updates and programs) really pretty fast then along about 6 - 9 PM everything got very slow and after 10 pm it sped up again. So (at least in my case) it must depend on the time of day and the loads at the ISP.

I've never had a problem with the response time of the site.

It would be useful if you all could post your location, browser type and version, location (city) and if possible a traceroute (more info). This will help me identify a trend or see if it's congestion between you and the servers or a problem with one of the servers.

It would be useful if you all could post your location, browser type and version, location (city) and if possible a traceroute (more info). This will help me identify a trend or see if it's congestion between you and the servers or a problem with one of the servers.

Response for me is fine.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Google Chrome version 1.0.154.53

Attachments

• traceroute.JPG
    traceroute.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom