Why did "Early Retirement Newsletter" stop coming?

The last newsletter I received was July 8, #398. I still have the newsletter selected on the Manage Subscriptions page.

Has the missing newsletter issue been resolved? I've tried unsubscribing, logging out/in, subscribing, but still no luck.

Interesting. I receive mine every time. Never had to unsubscribe or anything so this must be user specific for some reason.

Issue 443 came on 12/13
Issue 444 came on 12/16

Do a search in your spam, and junk and "other" inbox for "Early Retirement Newsletter Issue 443" You may need to whitelist the email address newsletter@early-retirement.org

Hopefully this discussion won't devolve into a Fidelity free TT type discussion.:D

Has the missing newsletter issue been resolved? I've tried unsubscribing, logging out/in, subscribing, but still no luck.

I looked into this and see that we've sent them. They are returned with a softbounce notice which means they are being rejected by your email provider (usually flagged as spam).

I looked into this and see that we've sent them. They are returned with a softbounce notice which means they are being rejected by your email provider (usually flagged as spam).

Interesting... My email provider, in this case, is Yahoo. I see in this thread that someone else has Yahoo, switched to gmail, and started receiving them again.

It seems to only affect newsletter@early-retirement.org emails. I do receive them from thread alerts (support@early-retirement.org).

I'll open a ticket with Yahoo to unblock the newsletter. Is there anything the admins here can do to open at ticket with them in parallel?

thanks!

I'll open a ticket with Yahoo to unblock the newsletter. Is there anything the admins here can do to open at ticket with them in parallel?

thanks!

I've resaved your mailing options - not sure that will help, but will also pursue this with our mailing service which may be able to shed some light on this. Digging through logs I am seeing a disturbing number of bounces for yahoo addresses.

I've resaved your mailing options - not sure that will help, but will also pursue this with our mailing service which may be able to shed some light on this. Digging through logs I am seeing a disturbing number of bounces for yahoo addresses.

Update from my side -
I called Yahoo Mail support and spoke to a rep for over an hour before getting 'disconnected'

I gave the rep all the data points we have - works for gmail, forum logs show emails to yahoo addrs are bouncing, worked for a while (last email I have is from March), the newsletter sender is the only known sender affected... The rep kept directing me to file a ticket with https://senders.yahooinc.com/. However, this site is for a mail service customer, not an end user. I didn't have any of the required data to even start a ticket. I continued to push for a resolution from a Yahoo mail end-user perspective, but was disconnected before any internal ticket was created.

Hopefully the forum mail service will have better luck with the Yahoo Senders link or their yahoo support contacts.

I may try to call again when I get some time; or punt and switch to gmail..

I opened a trouble ticket with our mail service and got no real help.

“A soft bounce occurs when the recipient’s email server rejects your email message due to a temporary condition that exists on the receiver’s side, e.g. perhaps their inbox is full and not accepting any new messages. Our system retries sending the message for up to 3 days, at which point if the server is still rejecting the message we stop attempting to deliver it. That is why the soft bounce reason is usually “delivery time expired.” In a nutshell, our system attempted to deliver the message for 3 days and it was rejected each time.”

“To help future delivery of your messages, I would recommend asking your subscriber add your from address to their safe sender list. It’s essentially a “vote from a customer” that you are a good sender and they want to receive these messages.”

I found this link, which seems to be the most current and most helpful about adding Safe Sender / Not Spam to various email clients.
https://anyleads.com/how-to-add-email-to-safe-sender-list-gmail

The sender address on the newsletter is: newsletter @ early-retirement.org
The sender address for forum / subscribed threads notifications is: support @ early-retirement.org
(spaces added to discourage bot spam)

Janet,
There is no safe senders list in Yahoo. The only suggestion is to add the sender to the contacts list.
But I had the newsletter in my contacts and it did not help :mad:, I did not get the newsletter until I switched to Gmail.

Why does Yahoo reject the newsletter but allow thread notifications ?
I think the problem is that too many emails arrive at once at Yahoo and that triggers the reject, and it does not reach individual mailboxes, so we can't do anything on our (user) side.
This must happen to other forums so there must be a list at Yahoo of approved senders. We need to find it and invade :cool:

Back
Top Bottom