Weird ending portfolios on results page

SCook1

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi. Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I cannot find the answer now.
The results page is giving me my highest ending portfolio as being the same as my starting one, and the lowest and average at the end are both zero.
Usually it gives me various endings. What am I doing wrong?
I should clarify that this is even when the success rate is not 0% or 100%.
Thanks ��

Last edited:
The best way I know to find out what's giving you unexpected outcomes is start with the default settings in FIRECalc, then do successive runs changing one of your inputs each time. FWIW, I just did a FIRECalc run and saw nothing unusual.

That worked very well thank you!
As a result of taking your suggestion and putting in the entries one by one, I discovered that the calculator doesn’t like it when I enter fractional years in the «Years» area on the «Start Here» page. (ie, 30.5, 41.5...)
Once I entered a whole number in that line it worked just fine again.
Yay!

Last edited:
Hmm. The lowest ending portfolio exactly matching your starting portfolio is a long-standing FIRECalc bug. I think it happens any time your lowest final portfolio is higher than your starting portfolio. You seem to have discovered the reciprocal bug.

That worked very well thank you!
As a result of taking your suggestion and putting in the entries one by one, I discovered that the calculator doesn’t like it when I enter fractional years in the «Years» area on the «Start Here» page. (ie, 30.5, 41.5...)
Once I entered a whole number in that line it worked just fine again.
Yay!

Yes, enter only whole numbers and use only current or future years.

Back
Top Bottom