Anyone on a Collagen peptide regiment .. Dear Wife wants to try.

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So DW wants to try it .. and we are just starting to read some product reviews ? Is it working great for you ?

I use collagen and sometimes gelatin as a potential aid for my back(joint) pain on a regular basis, but am not quite militant about it. ;)
With daily use there will be a noticeable change in skin texture within a month or so, an indication that something is happening.
Anecdotally, it appears to correlate with some relief.

Last edited:
We use a brand called Great Lakes Gelatin (pasture raised and grass fed). DH puts it in our coffee every morning. Dissolves nicely. We figure it couldn’t hurt and may help!

I just started, but I use half of the recommended daily dosage. I haven't noticed anything yet.

I take - but it is part of my beauty drink, for my complexion. It works (for me) if taken regularly.

Just started using it today on the advice of two of my yoga teachers. We'll see.

Ok. So Costco finally had a sale on Orgain’s Collagen Peptides .. Costco online says $46 but we bought it store for $29. We bought 6 cans 2.2 lbs. Base on my research Collagen Type 1 and 3 are the best .
Bovine grass fed. The other types are from shellfish and chicken which some articles said are inferior source. Anyway, it mixes easily with my coffee and it makes me feel full with 18 grams of protein. Reviews at Amazon showed some people said their hair grew back and they had pictured, some said it cured their skin eczema after 4 days, and some said it improve their joints. We’ll see..

We use it to "Heal" our gut. It works wife is off her meds by using the great lakes brands of collagen hydrosolate in her breakfast I put it in my coffee.

Seems to help as I stopped my acid reflux medicine as well.

We use it to "Heal" our gut. It works wife is off her meds by using the great lakes brands of collagen hydrosolate in her breakfast I put it in my coffee.

Seems to help as I stopped my acid reflux medicine as well.

Can you elaborate more on this? Dosage etc. I am dealing with a gut issue and have used several rounds of antibiotics and even herbal antibiotics over the past year and a half with my gastroenterologist and then a functional medicine doctor. I have been reading about a new product that is for intestinal repair that is made from bovine and sounds like what you are taking might be similar.

I tried it to help with my weak, brittle nails, but it hasn't helped do far. Gelatin didn't work either.

After 3 weeks of use, DW and I see results - improvement on facial skin .. more supple, more radiant, and less wrinkles around the eyes. Probably will take time to see effect on joints.

Any more views on using collagen peptides?

https://peterattiamd.com/jamesokeefe/

I am normally very skeptical about so called super foods, health foods, and supplements. But, I heard an interview that Peter Attia did (start at 1 hr 20minutes above) with a cardiologist (really, I'm not kidding) who recommended collagen supplements for better nails, skin, hair, bones and muscle.

Any more views on using collagen peptides?

https://peterattiamd.com/jamesokeefe/

I am normally very skeptical about so called super foods, health foods, and supplements. But, I heard an interview that Peter Attia did (start at 1 hr 20minutes above) with a cardiologist (really, I'm not kidding) who recommended collagen supplements for better nails, skin, hair, bones and muscle.

Thanks, I listened to the whole podcast. A lot of good info there. I have to make a point to listen to his show more frequently.eig

Since he retired, DH lost a lot of weight walking; and as a result decided to incorporate MY collagen to improve HIS skin! :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks, I listened to the whole podcast. A lot of good info there. I have to make a point to listen to his show more frequently.eig

Since he retired, DH lost a lot of weight walking; and as a result decided to incorporate MY collagen to improve HIS skin! :LOL:

Sounds like you married a smart guy! :)

I've been using the grass-fed bovine stuff for about a month. Haven't noticed the slightest improvement in anything. If anything, my acid reflux is worse.

I've been using the grass-fed bovine stuff for about a month. Haven't noticed the slightest improvement in anything. If anything, my acid reflux is worse.

From what I’ve read it may take several months to notice a difference. Or maybe it’s just another supplement that doesn’t do much.

I already take a B complex, a multivitamin, and calcium+magnesium+zinc. Thought I'd try the collagen for my nails, which are brittle due to all the DIY. If I'd just stop gardening, pressure washing, painting, house cleaning, etc. etc. my nails would probably be fine!

From what I’ve read it may take several months to notice a difference. Or maybe it’s just another supplement that doesn’t do much.

I live with advanced OA and a mess from hip replacement 10 yrs ago and a messed up knee as a result of hip job...long long ugly story.

I have tried tried many collagen products and the one I'm using now into 8 months is NT2 a supplement product from Life Extension. I shop for best prices and just bought 3 more bottles, they are capsules, and one bottle gives me 2 months of use...1 capsule daily is recommended dose.

Not a cure but makes it all more manageable.

Last edited:
Can anyone who's had success with this recommend a particular brand?

I’ve been on copper peptide GHK CU injections for 3 weeks. So far my sleep is amazingly good, more energy during the day and just a feeling of having better mental clarity.

Back
Top Bottom