Are you still an athlete?

I've played tennis and pickleball all summer in the brutal Bradenton, FL humidity. I had to purchase an electric shoe dryer because my shoes are soaking wet after a couple hours on the court and develop an interesting stink. I lose about 3 lbs of body weight and it takes all day to replenish the fluids. But I do love to compete and will keep on trucking til my body gives out.

Amen.
We will play no matter the heat index.
Electric shoe dryer - interesting to know.

I never considered myself an athlete but I was competent at a few sports and at one time was in very good shape.

In my late 40's with no specific training other than basic lifting at a body weight of 165 pounds I was able to bench press 260, squat 370, and deadlift 380. I have max attempts of 29 consecutive chin-ups and 178 consecutive pushups. Another time I did 300 chin-ups over a 1 hour time period.

I don't consider myself an athlete but I do consider myself active and
DW and I try to keep moving as much as possible. I run 3 miles 4 to 5 days per week and at least one of those days I push myself for time and get around 26 minutes. My wife and I do all the house upkeep ourselves including the manual labor it takes to do so. We recently had to take down a rotten retaining wall (45 ft) and put a "railroad tie" retailing wall in its place. We do go to the gym but mostly in the winter when its just too dang cold to be outside.

Back
Top Bottom