Are you still an athlete?

I've played tennis and pickleball all summer in the brutal Bradenton, FL humidity. I had to purchase an electric shoe dryer because my shoes are soaking wet after a couple hours on the court and develop an interesting stink. I lose about 3 lbs of body weight and it takes all day to replenish the fluids. But I do love to compete and will keep on trucking til my body gives out.

Amen.
We will play no matter the heat index.
Electric shoe dryer - interesting to know.

I never considered myself an athlete but I was competent at a few sports and at one time was in very good shape.

In my late 40's with no specific training other than basic lifting at a body weight of 165 pounds I was able to bench press 260, squat 370, and deadlift 380. I have max attempts of 29 consecutive chin-ups and 178 consecutive pushups. Another time I did 300 chin-ups over a 1 hour time period.

I don't consider myself an athlete but I do consider myself active and
DW and I try to keep moving as much as possible. I run 3 miles 4 to 5 days per week and at least one of those days I push myself for time and get around 26 minutes. My wife and I do all the house upkeep ourselves including the manual labor it takes to do so. We recently had to take down a rotten retaining wall (45 ft) and put a "railroad tie" retailing wall in its place. We do go to the gym but mostly in the winter when its just too dang cold to be outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom