Buying Glasses Online

FWIW when I was shooting pistol competitively I spent quite a bit of time fooling with supplemental lenses, the goal being to get the front sight in perfect focus. (https://www.knobloch-schiessbrillen.de/shooting-glasses-knobloch-germany) For me, at least, a quarter diopter difference is nearly undetectable. YMMV, but for myself I would not worry about this small a change.

I can definitely tell the difference. My eye doctor agrees that I am in a minority. He has admitted that he's tried to trip me up when I'm on the phoropter, but I've correctly identified that there was no difference in the "changes" he wasn't making to the lenses.

We've even gone outside and while I'm wearing glasses he's held up lenses in front of my glasses that make miniscule corrections to confirm and dial in the perfect results for me when looking at distant things. Kind of like what those Knobloch lenses are accomplishing, I suppose.

Last edited:
I have purchased 15 pairs at Zenni. Excellent quality and fit. The tinting on sunglasses does degrade over time...but the cost of rebuying the same style is so cheap it doesn't matter

I received my 5th pair of Zenni glasses today. Couldn't be happier. I see so much better.

Back
Top Bottom