Cannabis users may not need much retirement income

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Early death @ age 60 may be a way to insure that SS lasts longer for the rest of the folks and use of marijuana at early age may mean that retirement years may be short.
"Cannabis users have poorer health in general. You'd expect there to be increased mortality risk," Krakower told CBS News. He pointed to another long-term study linking early heavy marijuana use with lung cancer, and a second study that associates the drug with increased heart problems.
"Marijuana users generally may have poorer diets and they might be tobacco smokers. There's an increased linkage between weed and tobacco," said Krakower.

Heavy teen marijuana use may cut life short by 60 - CBS News

Oh rats. I was hoping from the thread title that it would make folks immune from all that ails ya.

I tend to place very little faith in any study. Unfortunately too many scientists have abandoned truth for advocacy and, I believe, one can find a scientist that will obtain any result the payer of the study wants.

Can't you just eat it instead of smoking it? Just sayin'

This sounds like correlation more than causation.

No link to the study but it's not surprising that they found negative health effects among "very heavy users." I'd be surprised if you didn't find similar outcomes for "very heavy users" of most everything including treadmills.

Not sure why they didn't or couldn't say anything about moderate usage . . . nothing to report, maybe?

They also don't seem to control for other factors like smoking, drinking, diet, exercise, or any other behavior already known to impact longevity.

Not sure what the study tells us other than maybe don't smoke an ounce a day?

Damn, I must be dead! If only I had known. This is some serious stuff. Cannabis users "may" do this and they "may" do that, and that "might" result in this other thing. Stand back, man, I'm doing science!

Let me look through a bunch of people's medical records from 30 years ago and see what I can "prove". "Maybe" men who ate Stilton cheese as a teen "may" be more likely to "maybe" die of stomach cancer by age 49 than men who didn't. Oh noes! Run away!

Smoking anything isn't good for you, just like driving a car and taking a bath. It would be nice if they had reported how these cannabis users died. Car accidents? Shot by police or drug dealers? Anything? They didn't even link to the study so I could read if what they reported is what it actually says, because often in these "news" reports it doesn't. However, quotes from a bunch of people who's livelyhoods depend on studies like this were well represented.

Last edited:
The scientists at Hostess Twinkies R&D facilities have determined the study to be majorly flawed. Pillsbury Brownie R&D team has come to the same conclusion as the folks at Hostess.

I've been smoking dope since I was 16. Still smoking and legal. CA medical marijauna patient for insomnia. It does help. Makes music sound better too.

I'm in good health, own my house, pay taxes and I'm a millionaire.

Maybe if you smoke dope you'll become a financially independent self supporting millionaire too.

That's a "public service drug advisory" you will never see on TV - :ROFLMAO:

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1461532576.765726.jpg

Old adages are true more often than not.

Geeze, I guess Willie never read this piece.

Woo, woo. .

And, btw Robbie, motorcycles are dangerous!:wiseone:

It has occurred to me that the marketing of Harley-Davidsons to boomers and the repeal of helmet laws is a plot to improve the solvency of SS.:cool: Legalizing weed is the next step.

It has occurred to me that the marketing of Harley-Davidsons to boomers and the repeal of helmet laws is a plot to improve the solvency of SS.:cool: Legalizing weed is the next step.

Somehow, I don't think those two in combination would be a good idea.

Somehow, I don't think those two in combination would be a good idea.

Why not? Studies show that smoking pot causes you to drive slower. Not as safe as no impairment, but far better than beer and bikes.

This bud's for me!

attachment.php

Can't you just eat it instead of smoking it? Just sayin'
Not to keen on the smoking but I would like to try Alice B Toklas brownies if it wasn't so far to the West Coast. :D

Cheers!

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride!

Back
Top Bottom