Compression Socks for men

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
One thing I inherited from my father is a strong tendency for my feet to swell up in warm weather or when I walk a lot. Or lie down. Or whatever.

I am looking for recommendations for men’s compression socks that cover most or all of the calf and have a compression of 20-30 mm HG. Do any brands stand out to you?

Their compression is a little less than you're looking for at 18-25, but I like Wellow.

https://wearwellow.com

DH wears compression socks all the time, but not that level. However, he recommends Jobst as a reliable brand with a lot of options, but pricy.

Thanks guys, I have one pair I purchased for long flights and they are a bit tight at the top. I will explore those suggestions.

I will probably order a few cheaper socks of different compression amounts and see what works and is comfortable for me. Then, depending on how the cheap ones age, I might spring for the more costly ones.

I love Smartwool light compression socks. They offer two levels of compression, but I found their full compression socks to be too much for me (20-30 range). I have used orthopedic level compression socks in other brands previously, and while I like them, the poly smells. The wool socks can go several days between washes when needed and don't seem to get funky over time.

I have around six pairs of the Smartwool light compression with zero padding, including black and several shades of grey, that I wear as dress socks. In addition, I have around 4-5 pairs of their light compression ski socks with what they consider "light" cushioning, but which is very cushy to me. All are above the calf and I wear them anytime I travel or am on my feet for extended periods of time hiking or otherwise exploring.

Last edited:
A question for you six feet tall plus grown men.

Have you found a good compression sock donner to help with putting the sock on? Amazon reviews are all over the place and of little help.
Thanks.

I love Smartwool light compression socks. They offer two levels of compression, but I found their full compression socks to be too much for me (20-30 range). I have used orthopedic level compression socks in other brands previously, and while I like them, the poly smells. The wool socks can go several days between washes when needed and don't seem to get funky over time.

I have around six pairs of the Smartwool light compression with zero padding, including black and several shades of grey, that I wear as dress socks. In addition, I have around 4-5 pairs of their light compression ski socks with what they consider "light" cushioning, but which is very cushy to me. All are above the calf and I wear them anytime I travel or am on my feet for extended periods of time hiking or otherwise exploring.

I am trying an assortment of brands, sizes and compression to see which one works best for me. I admit to being a bit naive and not realizing that compression socks are a BTD expense! Thus it’s important that I get the best fit possible. And I do like a good amount of wool and natural fibers in my clothing especially socks. Thanks for your input.

Take a look at Comrad https://www.comradsocks.com/

They carry medical grade compression socks for men and women, and a more moderate graduated compression, too. I like the moderate compression for flying, and standing on my feet all day sightseeing.

Moreover, they are stylish looking; while it's obvious to those in the know that they are compression socks, they don't have that "medical beige" look.

They offer several different sizes. My late husband was over six feet tall, and the large size fit him well.

I have never noticed any off odors whatsoever.

One thing I inherited from my father is a strong tendency for my feet to swell up in warm weather or when I walk a lot. Or lie down. Or whatever.

I am looking for recommendations for men’s compression socks that cover most or all of the calf and have a compression of 20-30 mm HG. Do any brands stand out to you?

Back
Top Bottom