Dry chapped lips

OK, I slathered on some Carmex and will see how that works. I look like my face just fell into a jar of vaseline. Oh well.

I'm drinking lots of water now too - thanks for the tip Nash.

OK, I slathered on some Carmex and will see how that works. I look like my face just fell into a jar of vaseline. Oh well.

I'm drinking lots of water now too - thanks for the tip Nash.

If Carmex works, you will never find anything else satisfactory, believe me. Chapstick just wont cut it. Google "Carmex addiction". :)
5. You’re addicted to it because you might be allergic to it. Besides the camphor and menthol, Carmex also includes several other ingredients that can cause sensitivity. The irritation creates a never-ending cycle of Carmex addiction. Dr. Bowe says, “Carmex has many irritating ingredients that can cause inflammation in the lip area in people with sensitive lips. These ingredients can cause people to feel as though they need to reapply a lip balm more frequently, so it feels like an addiction.” Here are several of these ingredients, which are also found in other lip balms and may attribute to their addictiveness:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread reminds me that I used to have severe problems with dry and cracked lips when younger. Chapstick worked for me, Carmex didn't.

I cannot remember when the problem went away. Definitely more than 15 years ago, maybe 20.

What changed? Who knows. I used to have severe hay fever. That went away too.

Last edited:
Besides drinking more water, experiment with taking some coconut oil. Try the kind that does not solidify at room temperature. Add it to a smoothie or protein drink.

Ditto on drinking more water. Every time I get chapped lips, not drinking enough water is a big culprit. Aquaphor, Vaseline, Chapstick, they all work. They also keep you from licking those chapped lips. Licking one's lips is a huge culprit.

Sometimes a secondary Candida or other infection make the problem worse.

Everyone has their favorite remedies, but avoid anything flavored or scented to avoid allergies. I have never seen an allergic reaction to Aquaphor or Vaseline.

Also eating too much some certain fruit may trigger a local reaction, such as kiwi.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

When you are close to home try some 100% coconut oil, I use the same jar I cook with, it works like a charm. I do not know if you can find it in a lip type application. No artificial add-ins that might cause drying.

Back
Top Bottom