It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down another pound and a half this week to 215 lbs.

Might have been a little lower but had a couple of beers and a second piece of pie at my wife’s 55 b-day party this weekend.

Now at 156.9 lbs. Would like to get into 154's. Was at 161.3 on 06-21-18.

Last edited:
Down another 1.5 pounds this week to 213.5 lbs.

Household chores are done and getting ready for some quality time with the mountain bike out on my favorite goat tracks.

Living the ER dream!

Congratulations to all who have been posting their weight losses! I am still losing weight, and I am down 36.8 pounds total as of today (23 weeks). It's getting harder to lose, so I need to exercise more and eat fewer calories. Meanwhile I am keeping it off, losing a little more, and not giving up any time soon. I'm in this for the long haul.

I lost 5 pounds in August for a total of 44 pounds in the 48 weeks since retirement. Despite eating out once every other day and some splurges on my 10 day trip to National Parks in Utah, I actually lost weight because of all the walking and short hikes. But my knee and hips were hurting. Towards the end of the trip I bought a treking pole and that helped. Used a sleeve on my knee but may look into wrapping it.

My next trip is SW Colorado later this month and I'd like to increase my endurance so I can take longer walks/hikes. Also ordered yoga pants in a smaller size.

Last edited:
No loss ... and more importantly no gain this week. Kids have been coming and going over the long weekend and took them out to dinner a couple times. And there were a couple of beers involved.

Scale still says 213.5 lbs.

Congratulations to all who have been posting their weight losses! I am still losing weight, and I am down 36.8 pounds total as of today (23 weeks). It's getting harder to lose, so I need to exercise more and eat fewer calories. Meanwhile I am keeping it off, losing a little more, and not giving up any time soon. I'm in this for the long haul.
Lost more weight this week, for a total of 38.6 pounds in one day less than 24 weeks. :D

:dance: <<<~~~~~ (W2R doing the happy dance! :LOL: )

Low calorie
Lower carbs (but not low enough to be "low carb"; "moderate carb"? 35%)
A little more protein instead
No artificial sweeteners or added sugar
Almost no processed foods.

No loss and no gain this week. Scale still reading 213.5 lbs.

Twilight mountain bike race tonight under the lights. Let the good times roll!

FINALLY!!!

Finally I have lost >40 pounds. As of this morning I am down 40.2 pounds in 25 weeks plus 4 days.

:dance: :clap: :dance:

The last 10-15 pounds have been tough so I need to step up my game.

Very impressive, W2R!
Congratulations to you.

FWIW, sometimes when I put myself on a strict low carb routine it gets tough so I know what you mean. To help myself, I allow myself an "eat whatever you want" day every 7-10 days. It helps a lot psychologically.

Very impressive, W2R!
Congratulations to you.

FWIW, sometimes when I put myself on a strict low carb routine it gets tough so I know what you mean. To help myself, I allow myself an "eat whatever you want" day every 7-10 days. It helps a lot psychologically.

Thank you! :D

That's a good idea. After the first few months it's tough sometimes.

Now that I have lost 40.2 pounds, I am thinking that 50 pounds is not that far away. I still have lots more to lose, and I want to do that, so I can't just slack off. But eating a bit more one day a week might increase my motivation on the other six days.

W2R, well done, that is amazing. I’ll be glad to lose half of 40lbs, lol. I have not lost anything this week. But I did lose 2 pounds since I came back to USA.

Reactions: W2R
Thanks, Fedup.

Still eating the same and still losing weight, although not as fast as I did at first. My doctor appointment was on Friday, and after 26 weeks I had officially lost 42.0 pounds.

Looking ahead to 50 pounds lost by sometime in November, if all goes as planned and expected. Hopefully it will.

Okay, first post here and no time to read all the comments (did a quick peruse though).

Congrats W2R and many others on your journey.

Around 2012/13 I shed ~40 pounds and went from flirting with 200 down to <155 (I'm 5'8"). Kept it there until this past year. Travel and hedonistic behavior became the norm. All of a sudden (not) 160++ showed up. So, we're winding up a 3 week trip in Europe and the number hasn't gotten smaller. :mad::mad:

So, upon return to home, it's <155 or bust. I will confess my sins (or wins) here commencing week 2 of October.

FWIW, my original weight loss was a mix of moderate exercise, but mostly managing the pie hoie. I never had to burn a calorie I didn't eat.

Red Badger, you are SO SMART to get started right away in losing those pounds. I think it's easier to do it that way than to wait and then start on that task later.

For me, I think that watching calories is good and is non-negotiable but I get even better results if I also watch my carbs and get some exercise several times a week. Overall, it especially helps when I am doing what I know works for me (which may or may not be what works for anyone else). For me, that's the trifecta of calories, carbs, and exercise, and oh yeah, I forgot to mention not going nuts on high sodium foods.

At my appointment yesterday, my doctor was ecstatic over the improvements in my lab test results, and for me better health is a good motivator for weight loss.

I’m down one pound from the last weight in. So far, 3lbs total since I came back to USA. Eating chicken seems to do the trick.

It's Wednesday weigh ins!

Today:
Weight 165 Body Fat 12%
While Working:
Weight 174 Body Fat 21%

Fat Loss 17: Lbs
Muscle Gain: 8 lbs

Another 0.8 pounds lost this week, which makes 42.8 pounds in 27 weeks.

Lately I have been noticing that I am definitely smaller around than I was, and that puts a big smile on my face. :D

The number on the scale keeps getting lower. Down another pound this week.

Sitting at 211 lbs this week, which is down from 235 lbs on June 30, 2018 when I retired.

My target is to get to a healthy 180 lbs by the end of the year.

Lately I have been noticing that I am definitely smaller around than I was, and that puts a big smile on my face. :D

Congrats! You're in a zone now. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will continue to fall off.

Congratulations on an awesome weight loss.

You triggered a memory of attempting to determine what places I could fit through. Navigating the grocery store and othe places were interesting for a while. It takes a while for the brain to adjust to your new size! [emoji12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom