It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
185. Cutting down on sweets. One coke and 1 ice cream a week. Instead of 1 each per day. Will try to lose 1 lb a week for 5 weeks to get to high school weight of 180.

Well that happened faster than I expected. Fine with me, no complaints here. :D

So far I have lost 20.6 pounds in 10 weeks (since March 23rd). :dance: I am using MyFitnessPal dot com to record everything. Not meaning to promote that site, since there are many one could use. I do like doing this online sometimes. WW has an online membership too, which I may take advantage of if/when I stop losing while doing what I am presently doing. And there are many other online weight loss websites to choose from.

I see my doctor again in 3 weeks, and would love to have lost 24-25 pounds total by then. If so then I will still be way over my ideal weight, but making progress.
OK, now it's been 12 weeks and I have lost a total of 24.4 pounds! I am so thrilled. I am still extremely overweight (trust me) but 24.4 pounds less so than I was 12 weeks ago.

Since 5-24-18, I'm down four pounds (166, now 162). Using MYFitnessPal which I find helpful. Got thrown off trying to take into account Chinese food, but other than that I'm pleased. I'm concerned that Father's Day brunch is going to be a setback.

Since 5-24-18, I'm down four pounds (166, now 162). Using MYFitnessPal which I find helpful. Got thrown off trying to take into account Chinese food, but other than that I'm pleased. I'm concerned that Father's Day brunch is going to be a setback.

Congratulations, redduck! That's great progress.

Hopefully you will get through that brunch without messing up your diet too much. Frank was very helpful to me on Mother's Day, because he asked me before we went if the restaurant was OK on my diet. The restaurant was fine, the food was great, and it caused no weight loss problems that week.

OK, now it's been 12 weeks and I have lost a total of 24.4 pounds! I am so thrilled. I am still extremely overweight (trust me) but 24.4 pounds less so than I was 12 weeks ago.

Tomorrow it will have been 13 weeks and I am down 27.6 pounds. Still got a long way to go but I am "in a groove" and not losing my focus for now.

OK, I saw 161.3 today. Down from 166. Keep up the good work W2R and redduck!

Saw the thread, weighed myself, (sans attire), BMI 23.7 ..... 6' 0" and 175 lbs...... wouldn't mind dropping 5 lbs....WOULD mind gaining same.

Weighed myself today...170 lbs.

Tomorrow it will have been 13 weeks and I am down 27.6 pounds. Still got a long way to go but I am "in a groove" and not losing my focus for now.

Congrats! Keep those "eyes on the prize!"

I lost substantial weight about 5 years ago. I now yo-yo between 155-160. Should be 150-155, so I'm working on that before some heavy travel in Q3.

I think everyone has to find what works for them. For me, it was these three focus areas:
1. Limit processed foods
2. Portion control
3. Greatly reduce dining out (I was a road warrior at the time and this was a biggie to wrestle with)

Reactions: W2R
Thank you, Red Badger!

My doctor was thrilled when I saw him on 6/22, having lost 27.8 pounds. My A1C was vastly improved as well.

Since then I have been on a weight loss plateau that I just couldn't seem to bust out of. That was very annoying to put it mildly, because it never seems like a plateau will ever end until it does. Finally I managed to break out of it and start losing again. Now I am down a total of 29.2 pounds and still determined.

:dance:

Great job, W2R! Losing 2 pounds a week for several months is a big accomplishment. I've lost 35 pounds since retiring in October and could stand to lose at least another 35 but have not been as diligent the last few months. My goal is to increase my exercise and lose another 5 pounds before my next trip in late August. I've been visiting national parks and resort towns and while I walk a lot on these trips, I'd like to do step it up and do some short hikes.

One of my bigger concerns when I retired at the end of January was that I would/could be around food ALL the time......at home, no restrictions, etc. I was so used to being in an office setting where I had less access to food, and/or it wasn't appropriate most of the time to be snacking. I started retirement at a pretty acceptable weight....could stand to lose a couple pounds. And that's what happened during the first few month. I lost a few pounds and kept them off with no real struggle. THEN came vacations and travel away from home. I realize that is a problem area for me. We leave home and my weight goes up. Not a huge amount, but if that continues as we start to travel more, I will be concerned!!! I know what to do.......but knowing and doing are not the same.

Guess I better get a handle on it. Need to get serious about it when we are away from home.

Great job, W2R! Losing 2 pounds a week for several months is a big accomplishment. I've lost 35 pounds since retiring in October and could stand to lose at least another 35 but have not been as diligent the last few months. My goal is to increase my exercise and lose another 5 pounds before my next trip in late August. I've been visiting national parks and resort towns and while I walk a lot on these trips, I'd like to do step it up and do some short hikes.
Thank you, ABQ2015! And congratulations on losing 35 pounds. That's simply outstanding.

In the 8 days since I last posted, I have stayed the same, down 29.2 pounds. I need to increase my exercise and eat more protein foods. So, tonight I had steak for dinner. :D Oh it's a rough life (not really!!! :LOL: ). And, I need to get back on my stationary bike as well. I know I can get the scales to start moving again.

Those hikes should be great for maintaining that 5 pound weight loss.

One of my bigger concerns when I retired at the end of January was that I would/could be around food ALL the time......at home, no restrictions, etc. I was so used to being in an office setting where I had less access to food, and/or it wasn't appropriate most of the time to be snacking. I started retirement at a pretty acceptable weight....could stand to lose a couple pounds. And that's what happened during the first few month. I lost a few pounds and kept them off with no real struggle. THEN came vacations and travel away from home. I realize that is a problem area for me. We leave home and my weight goes up. Not a huge amount, but if that continues as we start to travel more, I will be concerned!!! I know what to do.......but knowing and doing are not the same.
That's for sure! I have the same thing going on right now, knowing vs doing.

Luckily I don't like to travel, so I don't have the same temptations. It must be hard, knowing that there are foods you may never get to try in your hometown.

Momcpa, most of my vacations have been road trips so I take my cooler with some fruits, vegetables, and yogurts and take along some multigrain cereal. That becomes my lunch and sometimes my breakfast. But I treat myself to one nice meal a day and maybe a snack so I don't feed deprived and I usually don't gain weight or at least not more than a pound a trip. Of course this is harder to do if you are traveling by plane or with someone who wants to eat out every meal.

I’ve hopped back on board the weight loss train and I’m down 9 lbs in 4 weeks. Still have a lot more to lose but I’m happy if I can average 1.5 to 2 lbs per week.

I’ve hopped back on board the weight loss train and I’m down 9 lbs in 4 weeks. Still have a lot more to lose but I’m happy if I can average 1.5 to 2 lbs per week.

Congratulations, Calgary_Girl! That's great progress in just 4 weeks. :)

In the 8 days since I last posted, I have stayed the same, down 29.2 pounds. I need to increase my exercise and eat more protein foods. So, tonight I had steak for dinner. :D Oh it's a rough life (not really!!! :LOL: ). And, I need to get back on my stationary bike as well. I know I can get the scales to start moving again.

Finally! As of today my scales show that I am down a total of 30.0 pounds in a little over 16 weeks so far. :dance:

I have lots more to lose, so I am glad to be making progress again.

Started an everyday exercise program 2 weeks ago. Alternating days of running, biking, weights. Gained 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks - up to 190. Hoping for a reversal down to 180.

Ronstar, I hope you keep exercising anyway; it's so healthy and soon those pounds will be history.

SimpleGirl, thank you! As of this morning, 31.2 pounds.

Yay me!!! I broke through the 160's. Now at 159.3. Would like to get to 158. Probably will celebrate by eating an entire bag of Hershey's Kisses.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom