It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all those who lost and/or have gotten back to goal!

Almost two months ago I wrote,
Went to a routine doctor appointment today, and what a nice surprise to find out that I lost 4 more pounds since December even though I have just been trying to maintain. All my lab test values were better too, and my doctor thinks I am in much better health than I was last year.

My goal lately has been to maintain my weight loss since I felt I needed a break from dieting. I still record calories and carbs every day, and weigh myself every day too.

Eventually I will "get my mojo back" and want to lose more weight, and when that happens I won't want to start at any higher weight than I am now.
I'm still recording calories and carbs, and weighing myself every morning to make sure that I continue to maintain my 50+ pound weight loss. Even though I am not losing, I think it's an accomplishment to maintain right now despite the various vicissitudes of life that always seem to present themselves.

Since no one has weighed in in months . I decided to do it. I had a feeling my weight was creeping up but no it is still stable at 129.Yeh !

58yo. 147lb 5’11” steady for at least 15 years.

58yo. Male. 147lb 5’11” steady for at least 15 years.

Nice job moemg!

Last edited:
55 y.o. recently retired guy here. When I punched out for the last time on May 1, 2019, I weighed a few donuts shy of 250 lbs.

Today’s weight is 234 lbs.

Goal is to get back down to a reasonable racing weight of 200 lbs by October so I can be competitive in the Fall cyclocross bicycle racing season.

55 y.o. recently retired guy here. When I punched out for the last time on May 1, 2019, I weighed a few donuts shy of 250 lbs.

Goal is to get back down to a reasonable racing weight of 200 lbs by October so I can be competitive in the Fall cyclocross bicycle racing season.
Good Luck with your goal !

Impressive!

Excellent! How are you doing it?

It's Wednesday weigh ins!

Excellent! How are you doing it?

No processed food, no fast food, and lots of fresh fruit and veg.

Also following good advice from coach, before a meal drink a big glass of water.

On the exercise side I live on a ridge above a river about a thousand feet below. My day usually includes a trail ride down to the river where I get to brush up on my mountain or cyclocross bicycle handling skills .. and occasionally eat a little dirt. I get plenty of cardio climbing back up. Also strength training at the gym 3 times a week and almost daily activity outside at home taming the yard, pasture, clearing berries and poison oak, etc.

Down 1 pound this week to 233 and feeling the power coming back on as the weight is dropping.

My goal in recent months has been to maintain my 50+ pound weight loss of 2018. But during the past month or two my knee problems have been so bad that it has been very difficult to even just step up the inch or two required to get on the scale and see how I'm doing. I have been trying to eat reasonably, but have not been weighing as often as before, and hoping for the best.

My knee surgery is next Tuesday, so yesterday I went to the hospital to go through their required interviews with the nursing staff, more lab tests, and so on. Part of it was that they measured my height and weight. They had a terrific scale with grab bars which made it much easier to step up onto the scales and weigh. Anyway, my official weight (even fully dressed, and after breakfast, which is not how I usually weigh) was about two pounds lower than I expected and still easily within the five pound range that I allow myself during maintenance. So that is my weight loss victory for August. :dance:

My goal in recent months has been to maintain my 50+ pound weight loss of 2018. But during the past month or two my knee problems have been so bad that it has been very difficult to even just step up the inch or two required to get on the scale and see how I'm doing. I have been trying to eat reasonably, but have not been weighing as often as before, and hoping for the best.

My knee surgery is next Tuesday, so yesterday I went to the hospital to go through their required interviews with the nursing staff, more lab tests, and so on. Part of it was that they measured my height and weight. They had a terrific scale with grab bars which made it much easier to step up onto the scales and weigh. Anyway, my official weight (even fully dressed, and after breakfast, which is not how I usually weigh) was about two pounds lower than I expected and still easily within the five pound range that I allow myself during maintenance. So that is my weight loss victory for August. :dance:

Way to go! Your recovery will go so much better with 50 less lbs on your new knee. Will be thinking of you next week.

Reactions: W2R
54 years old 5'10"...181# and feeling good. Today I splurged, and got 5 GUYS, cheeseburger, and fries (I hardly ever buy takeout) because I was getting annoyed with eating frozen meals/leftovers at work.....no guilt whatsoever, and tasted wonderful.

I have started a daily workout regimen while in the pool (NW Ohio) that I can continue for the next 2 months, but need to figure out something for the cold months.

189 today. At 6' continue to be 3 lbs either way for over 30 years. Working on my deck I got down to 185 and was so excited only to come back to reality.

The downward trend continues. Since I won’t be home on Wednesday I jumped on the scale this morning before I left the house.

Down 3 lbs this week, to 230.

I packed a couple of healthy meals in a cooler and have my cyclocross race bicycle with me for a late afternoon gravel hill climbing session in the Angeles Ntl Forest. Grinding up a gravel road is the best workout ever! Swimming afterwards is pretty sweet too.

Out of town Tuesday/Wednesday again but scale said 228 when I left the house on Tuesday morning.

Down another two pounds.

I did find a beautiful gravel road and bicycled my way up a couple thousand feet last night to a very remote helicopter landing pad. Beautiful view of metropolis from the mountain top.

Heading home later today.

After perusing Audrey's Ketosis post, it motivated me to cut back on my carb consumption to improve my blood sugars, and in the past 2.5 weeks, I've gone from 184 lbs to 175 lbs. If I can get to the point of actually achieving a true Keto diet, I wonder how that will effect my weight.

I've never checked in on this thread but today I weighed nearly 40 pounds less than the day I ER'd! I haven't consciously changed my diet but I used to go out to eat lunch every day from work and always was a member of the clean plate club. I haven't put a dollar in a vending machine since that day, and I drink two cups of coffee per day instead of at least a half dozen. I go to the gym three days a week instead of never. What a great feeling!

My knee surgery is next Tuesday, so yesterday I went to the hospital to go through their required interviews with the nursing staff, more lab tests, and so on. Part of it was that they measured my height and weight. They had a terrific scale with grab bars which made it much easier to step up onto the scales and weigh. Anyway, my official weight (even fully dressed, and after breakfast, which is not how I usually weigh) was about two pounds lower than I expected and still easily within the five pound range that I allow myself during maintenance.

Today I managed to weigh myself for the first time since the above post. I was curious! But I did not feel capable of safely getting on the scales here at home until today.

I have been eating like there is no tomorrow - - all the healthy foods, and too many higher calorie snacks as well, whatever I wanted.:popcorn: So, I was honestly expecting to be up about fifteen pounds. Much to my glee, I was DOWN 0.6 pounds compared with what I weighed in the above post, wearing the exact same clothing too. Whew, what a relief! I really didn't want to have to lose fifteen pounds all over again. :LOL: Frank says that probably the reason I didn't gain, is that I was using calories to heal from the surgery. (?) I have no idea if that happens but anyway it was a good weigh-in and I am happy about it.

(Me in a month or two) ~~~~~>>>> :dance:

No weight loss this week. Son and GF and Daughter were at the house for the weekend so diet and workouts went on the back burner.

Back on the bike on Tuesday, climbing up a few (3) thousand feet towards Mt Wilson in the Angeles Ntl Forest. Grinding up a gravel track is so much easier without the extra weight.

I've been reducing my carb intake for almost 1 month, as I am trying to move toward a keto diet and have gone from 184 to 170. I am a bit amazed at how successful this has been. Don't think I've been this light since I got married 35 years ago.

227 lbs this morning. Weight continues to drop off at a nice steady pound or two a week. Total loss is over 20 pounds now.

Pre-season cyclocross bicycle races start up in a couple weeks. Looking forward to pinning on a race bib and throwing down with my 50+ race buddies. Let the good times and “beer handups” roll!

First time posting on this thread, hoping all of you can help me with my weight loss journey.

192 lbs this morning. 5'9", 51 yo, male, active, eat well but i love snacks and beer. Need to reduce both. I got as high as 207 this summer, but have picked up my running and have lost a decent amount. Hoping to be in the 180's by year end, target weight 170 something...wish me luck, thank you for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom