It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started Weight Watchers May first at 245 lbs. I'm 6-2 and my goal is 200 lbs which puts me at the fat side of normal. Today I saw 226 for the first time in years. One more and I'm down 20 pounds.

Stopped drinking beer, too easy to have "one more", now drinking tequlia & clamato juice. I like WW, you can eat & drink anything you want, just have to count the "points".

I'm 6-0. Late 2010, I was 317. Began exercising and changed eating habits. Each time I had a surgery (4 of them), I lost about a year. No surgeries were caused by exercise. So, late February this year, I was at 246. Now 212. Using MyFitnessPal to track calories. And exercising daily, mostly rower and StairMaster, but I throw in other things.

Current goal is 200. 184 puts me at top end of average for BMI.

Still the beer belly...but the exercise is working.

I'm 6-0. Late 2010, I was 317. Began exercising and changed eating habits. Each time I had a surgery (4 of them), I lost about a year. No surgeries were caused by exercise. So, late February this year, I was at 246. Now 212. Using MyFitnessPal to track calories. And exercising daily, mostly rower and StairMaster, but I throw in other things.

Current goal is 200. 184 puts me at top end of average for BMI.

Keep at it - that loss is impressive.. just as important -how are you feeling?

I’m impressed and encouraged that so many people have been able to lose so much weight during the coronavirus shutdown. My problem has always been keeping it off once I lose weight. I notice a lot of people mention MyFitnessPal. How many of you use it? Does it work? How do you estimate calories when you don’t know the portion size or ingredients in some meals?

I’m impressed and encouraged that so many people have been able to lose so much weight during the coronavirus shutdown. My problem has always been keeping it off once I lose weight. I notice a lot of people mention MyFitnessPal. How many of you use it? Does it work? How do you estimate calories when you don’t know the portion size or ingredients in some meals?

I've used it for 2 years and have faithfully tracked calories. I've lost 80lbs completely through consuming fewer calories.

The best answer to your question would be to go to the MyFitnessPal website and read the community forums. Just about every question you can imagine has been asked and answered numerous times on that forum.

I've used MFP for years. I lost 70 pounds and DW lost 50 with it. Buy a food scale!!! Eat at home and weigh your food, it's amazing what happens.

We cut down a bunch of unnecessary calories and really enjoy our food now.

I've used MFP for years. I lost 70 pounds and DW lost 50 with it. Buy a food scale!!! Eat at home and weigh your food, it's amazing what happens.

We cut down a bunch of unnecessary calories and really enjoy our food now.

Yes, a food scale is a key component to success if you're tracking calories. I weigh just about everything.

Yes, a food scale is a key component to success if you're tracking calories. I weigh just about everything.
I'm amazed at the discrepancy between weight and volume measurements. I will always use weight as my preferred method.

224 today, down 21 pounds since starting. 24 to go!

Down another pound. Now at 226 lbs for a loss of 24 lbs since May 1.

Put new tires and brake pads on my trusty cyclocross bike last night. Gave the new parts a good workout today on my favorite gravel road down to the river.

Stalled at 226 lbs this week.

Weight loss is only 1/2 the equation. Am working to regain fitness too. Daily energetic bike rides in the mountains are covering that part of the journey back to a healthier me.

Cautiously hopeful for cyclocross (CX) bike race season this Fall. Have been racing CX for many years. It’s an hour of heart pounding high intensity fun with 20 or 30 racers on a short course of dirt, sand, grass, mud and an occasional short stretch of pavement. At the end of a race when you cross the finish, lungs are screaming, heart is pounding and you’re thinking what in the hell just happened and when can I do it again!?

I was at 246.6 on February 28th.

I was out of town for 10 days. Got back last Wednesday. Tried to be good. 210.2 as of this morning, which is down 1.8 pounds for the week. Normally when I go out of town, I gain 5 pounds.

Stalled at 226 lbs this week.

Weight loss is only 1/2 the equation. Am working to regain fitness too. Daily energetic bike rides in the mountains are covering that part of the journey back to a healthier me.

Cautiously hopeful for cyclocross (CX) bike race season this Fall. Have been racing CX for many years. It’s an hour of heart pounding high intensity fun with 20 or 30 racers on a short course of dirt, sand, grass, mud and an occasional short stretch of pavement. At the end of a race when you cross the finish, lungs are screaming, heart is pounding and you’re thinking what in the hell just happened and when can I do it again!?

Keep it up! Cycling is solid exercise. I hear a lot of the pro athlete's use it to stay in shape especially hockey players.

That track sounds like fun, I have been making my own courses that take me about 40minuutes to complete. I have leg muscels I never knew I had that developed because of COVID cycling lol.

Down 0.6 lbs since last week. 4.4 lbs to go. DW is on speed keto and I'm losing a bit because I eat the same dinners as her. The only difference is that I have milkshakes, candy, and cheeseburgers during the day. Those have to stop. Keeping up with hike, bike, run alternating days with weights every 2-3 days.

Down a pound this week at 225 lbs.

Two of our kids are with us temporarily, one between semesters from nursing school at Johns Hopkins and the other awaiting the start of grad school at Univ of Wisconsin. Both are very good cooks and we have been eating well. That has slowed down my weight loss a bit but sure nice to have them here with us for a little while.

Today’s bike ride was 2 hours, 16 miles and 2,500 vertical ft of hill climbing. A little longer than usual but necessary to burn off a couple of pre-ride homemade cookies.

Down 2 lbs this week, to 223 lbs. Total loss of 27 lbs since my May 1 retirement

Went day hiking at altitude (9,000+ ft) with my very fit 26 year old daughter and 23 y.o. son on Tuesday. Both are very experienced backpackers and used to higher altitudes. They took pity on their flat lander Dad and eased up on the pace so I could catch my breath once in a while.

222 lbs, down a pound from last week. Total loss of 28 lbs since retirement on May 1.

Just back from my daily bicycle workout; 1-1/2 hours, 13 miles and 1,800 vertical feet on my favorite gravel road. Thirty minutes downhill on a beat up fire road into a canyon then turn around at the river after a cool drink and grind back up the same rutted gravel road for an hour. Good times!

Woohoo, 219 more than halfway there!

On06/09.20, A little over 4 weeks since my last reply, I'm down to 139lbs.
Been off Keto a few months, back up to 148lbs. Started a fast 6pm 8/17/20, going for 72 hours. 45hrs in, doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom