It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoo! Nine and a half pounds from my stretch goal. Might move the goal post.
One thing, I set MyFitnessPal for a two pound a week loss. Even when I stay under the calories recommended I haven't averaged anywhere near that loss. Did aging cut my metabolism that much? Guess I'll just keep tortoise-ing towards my goal.

It's Wednesday weigh ins!

207 this morning. Want to get to 205 before my cruise on Mar 6 & under 200 by my 60th in April

WooHoo! Nine and a half pounds from my stretch goal. Might move the goal post.
One thing, I set MyFitnessPal for a two pound a week loss. Even when I stay under the calories recommended I haven't averaged anywhere near that loss. Did aging cut my metabolism that much? Guess I'll just keep tortoise-ing towards my goal.
They say to lose 1 pound you have to burn 3500 calories more than you consume. So 2 pounds a week is 1000 calories more in exercise than you consume every day... That is pretty tough!

Zero sugar, bread, rice, pasta, potato is a good start. Half portions of what you used to eat in protein and lots of green veggies... good luck..

I am down 20 lbs and as my stomach gets smaller the less hungry I am and the portions I can eat shrink too. Which is a total blessing!

My first post on this thread.

My weigh in day is Sunday, on my daily walk I stop at a Publix grocery store with a large scale. I started a keto diet February 1. I weighed myself at 166lbs. Week 1, 163lbs, week 2, 159-3/4, week 3, I'm waiting in anticipation!

My first post on this thread.

My weigh in day is Sunday, on my daily walk I stop at a Publix grocery store with a large scale. I started a keto diet February 1. I weighed myself at 166lbs. Week 1, 163lbs, week 2, 159-3/4, week 3, I'm waiting in anticipation!

Hmm... I couldn't edit my reply.
Week 3, 160-1/4lbs.

I weighed myself today, I gained 1/2 lb. I think I had too much protein.
I cooked a bunch of steaks rare and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. Then reheated for a meal/snack. It seems they were to much for me. Back on the wagon.

186.6 this morning. Have been eating a little "extra rich" lately.

Hadn't stepped on the scale in a while. High of 206, around 202 when I FIRE'd 3+ years ago, went as low as 178 (just about at my senior year in High School weight!). Baseline seems to be around 183 and I feel great at that weight. Not denying myself any food, but tend to eat smaller portions when I prepare my own.... and still hiking 40-60 miles a month weather permitting, and play racquetball 2-3 times a week.

Never been busier and never been having as much fun being busy..........!

186.6 this morning. Have been eating a little "extra rich" lately.

Hadn't stepped on the scale in a while. High of 206, around 202 when I FIRE'd 3+ years ago, went as low as 178 (just about at my senior year in High School weight!). Baseline seems to be around 183 and I feel great at that weight. Not denying myself any food, but tend to eat smaller portions when I prepare my own.... and still hiking 40-60 miles a month weather permitting, and play racquetball 2-3 times a week.

Never been busier and never been having as much fun being busy..........!

Sounds like a nice balanced regimen! Nice work!

241. Heading the wrong way. Traveling makes it hard to stay on the diet. Back home and back to the gym and my own cooking so we will see how it goes. Also, already sampled the local 200+ calorie IPAs, so that excuse/temptation is gone.

I've now lost 10-1/4 lbs in 5 weeks on a Keto Diet.
5'6" 65 yrs old 163 down to 152-3/4.

I'm not sure how much more I want to go, but I did notice this morning I moved a belt loop while not thinking about it!
I started an almost daily 5 mile walk on Feb 11, If the weather is bad, I can spend an hour on the elliptical or go to the gym.

Started Keto at 163. 5'6" tall

Week 1- 159-3/4
Week 2-160-1/4
Week 3- 157-1/4

Week 4-155-1/4

Week 5-152-3/4

Week 6-151-1/2
Walking 5 miles daily.

This morning I walked 3.5 miles to the gym, did a minor workout and walked 3.5 miles back home.
Cooked a small piece of Salmon, 2 pieces of celery and peanut butter.
I haven't decided what's next, maybe blue berries and sour cream.

Alas the gym is going to be put on hold for a while. Our gym hasn’t upped the cleaning, has no disinfecting wipes available and not sold in stores. Also all this anxiety makes me want to eat and eat comfort food like mashed potatoes and pasta!

Doing more long walks and some exercise at home but it doesn’t compare to 1.5-2 hours at the gym with heart pumping and sweat flowing... gonna gain weight I just know it!

Week 1- 159-3/4
Week 2-160-1/4
Week 3- 157-1/4

Week 4-155-1/4

Week 5-152-3/4

Week 6-151-1/2

Week 7- 152.0
[quote/]

Week 8 - 144-3/4

I'm concerned by this last week. A loss of 7-1/4lbs. I didn't believe it, I use a large scale at a grocery store (Publix), I drove 10 miles to another Grocery store and rechecked my weight, it was 1/4 lb less. so I think I truly last 7lbs in a week. Not something I planned, not something I really wanted.
I averaged 1573 calories per day weighing all my food and logging in Chronometer.
No plan to lose anymore, going to shoot for 2000 calories a day.

Downward trend continues. Down 3 pounds this week to 237. Total loss of 10 lbs since retiring end of April.

Getting our for an hour+ of hilly mountain bike riding every day. Since I live at the top of a mountain, it’s a 10 minute thrill ride down a sketchy gravel road to a river, then a 50 minute slow and dusty grind back up. Also contributing to my weight loss is the couple of hours spent every day pruning and clean up my long ignored orchard.

180 today.

Was probably 202 when I retired Jan 2017. Lost 24 lbs in the first 8 months after retiring. Started hiking regularly in 2018 with our two dogs.

My lifetime high was 206. When I graduated high School I was 178.

Feel great, good energy. Shooting for 500 miles this year. Winter hiking in New England is a challenge. Track hikes on Mapmyhike and tally monthly totals in a spreadsheet. Fortunate to have all kinds of conservation, land trust and state park properties minutes from both of our homes, never gets boring.

Attachments

• hikelog.jpg
    hikelog.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 18
Wifey talked me into “dropping a few pounds.” Thus, we started a plant based diet this past Sunday and have made a 90 day commitment to live healthier.

I’m 6’3” 230lbs and I’d like to drop 15 - 30lbs over the next 90 days. I walk about 3 miles a day. I just need to remove my four food groups (cupcakes, cookies, muffins, & candy) during the next 3 months.

By the way, we’ve got money riding on this weight loss adventure.

I

Week 1- 159-3/4
Week 2-160-1/4
Week 3- 157-1/4

Week 4-155-1/4

Week 5-152-3/4

Week 6-151-1/2

Week 7- 152.0

Week 8 - 144-3/4
Been 5 weeks since I posted, lost a couple more pounds, down to 142.5lbs.
A little over 4 weeks since my last reply, I'm down to 139lbs.

I weighed 162 this morning! I was 174 in March!

Nothing lost this week, still at 237 lbs, but down 10 lbs since May 1.

Since my May 1 retirement I’ve been on my mountain or cyclocross bike every day for a 10 mile ride down to the river. The monster climb back up out of the river canyon is getting a little easier now. Gaining fitness as the pounds come off.

Can’t wait until bike racing opens up again and I can put my renewed retiree fitness and slimmer body to the test. Trolling the internet now to find races in August. Will be close to race shape (under 200 lbs) by then.

I'm at 171. Almost 39, worked out most of my life with the exception of what I will refer to as my "lost decade" lol. Elective PE, weight lifting in high school, trained up for bootcamp, completed boot camp and lots of pre dawn USAF workouts..learned how to run a LONG distance in the service. Met some cute girls along the journey :)

Now I stick to a high protein, low fat/carb/sugar/salt diet but I cheat ...a few times a week. Workouts are spotty but try to do 1 to 2hrs of cardio+lift everyday as I can.

I follow AthleanX and the 8 Pack Abs guy, as such I have a body that is a cross between theirs...with my own personal build. I've bounced around from 208lbs at my heaviest and least healthy, and as recent as down to 168 as I leaned out for this big muscle build.

I believe in raw veggies, with a base of Eggs, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, PB as main source of protein.

I feel good. I look good, life is good!

Down another pound this week to 236 lbs ... 11 pounds down since retiring April 30.

Currently doing two a day workouts; High intensity mountain biking in the morning and gym in the afternoon. The time in between is reserved for tasks around the house. Today it was mowing, painting, car oil change and car washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom