It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well finally under 200 lbs again. Lost 36 lbs when retired 3 years ago, then gained 26 lbs back. Now lost net 28 lbs since retirement mainly due to playing Pickleball 6x weekly for 4 hours a day. Eating okay, but am doing better in 2021 so far.

Also the first time my Triglycerides/HDL ratio is under 2.0, as my HDL finally hit 50.

Was awesome to have the kids back home over the holidays, but all those good meals and awesome cookies my daughter makes bounced my weight up a couple pounds to 215.

Now I’m back to a healthier and limited diet and continuing with daily gym strength workouts and cardio sessions outside on my mountain bike.

Well finally under 200 lbs again. Lost 36 lbs when retired 3 years ago, then gained 26 lbs back. Now lost net 28 lbs since retirement mainly due to playing Pickleball 6x weekly for 4 hours a day. Eating okay, but am doing better in 2021 so far.

Also the first time my Triglycerides/HDL ratio is under 2.0, as my HDL finally hit 50.

Congratulations on being in the 100s! Feels great, doesn’t it?

I thought I was adventurous night diving 53 miles off the coast of San Diego and skiing the moguls on the lower part of Heavenly Valley @ South Lake Tahoe.

After reading the above lists of adventure trips, that makes me look like a wuss.

Just take sure that you take care of yourself physically. My sister lived winters in Aspen and her best friend was a top ski instructor (to the stars.) She's 73 and suffering with a terrible back--from minor ski falls over the years.

Congratulations on being in the 100s! Feels great, doesn’t it?

Thanks. Yes there something magical on being under 200 again. Now just have to stay there. Ultimate goal is 190.

Scale says 210 lbs today. Down a pound this week.

Rumblings from our local bicycle race promoter is that we might actually have some races coming up in the next couple months. Probably will be time trial format where we are launched onto the race course a minute or two apart. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any updates from my weight losing retirees out there?

Still fighting the scale and she doesn’t give up easily. Down 2 pounds in the last two weeks. Now at 208 lbs.

I weighed in at 181 a couple days ago, the morning after a good Racquetball workout the night before. Not really trying to lose weight, but I check in with the scale every now and then.

FIRE'd in Jan 2017, was probably around 2002, and within 8 months had lost almost 20 pounds. Had some other weird nuisance health issues going on that have since gone away, and thought something was seriously wrong (I am a cancer survivor also). But I had started hiking every day, and was up and about and active in my newfound retirement. I think my high was 206lbs, I am 6' 1"~2".

In the years since, I have dropped bit more weight, hiked 528 miles last year, goal is 550 miles in 2021. While I don't eat stupid, I am not on any kind of diet, trust me. I still enjoy a Wendy's double once a month or so. I have really gotten into cooking, grilled seafood and a nice chardonnay is my go-to. I have to say, I feel really good at this weight.

Still at 208 lbs this week.

Although weight has been stalled lately, fitness continues to improve. Registered for mountain bike races next weekend so will get to test out trimmer and fitter me. Will be good to line up and rub elbows with friends to see how everyone is doing.

206 This morning. I was trying to walk everyday until the recent cold snap, and have been substituting NA beer for my typical craft beer. Altogether I am down about 25# since August.

My weight loss journey for the last 9 years. Back on the cut wagon.

Attachments

• weightloss.jpg
    weightloss.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 45
Any updates from my weight losing retirees out there?

Still fighting the scale and she doesn’t give up easily. Down 2 pounds in the last two weeks. Now at 208 lbs.
Back in 2015 I needed to lose weight. I'd been starving myself attempting to drop 65-70 pounds when another member suggested Myfitnesspal and it was a great tool. Felt better, not starving, and the weight went down quickly. DW and I lost the equivalent of a small person, 120+ pounds in six months, 6 years later it's still gone. Good luck on finding your path.

With days getting longer I changed up my workouts. Getting out for longer / faster rides on my road bike in the morning and then the gym in the afternoon.

Scale is moving again. 206 lbs today. Down a couple pounds this week and a total loss of 44 lbs since my May 1, 2020 retirement.

Racing mountain bike this weekend. Moved up to the pro/expert class to race with the faster guys. It’s a flat and fast course and will give my cardio conditioning a good workout. Can’t wait.

Scale is at 206 lbs today. Loss of 44 lbs since May 1, 2020.

Last weekend raced mountain bikes, placing 6th in a field of 15 racers. Held my own against the fast old guys.

Back in 2019 on this same course with the same bike ... before retirement when I weighed 250 lbs and before my post-retirement focus on strength training and cardio conditioning ... I finished a miserable 23rd place out of 24 racers in my age group.

Next race is the last weekend of March. Can’t wait!

Unfortunately up three pounds in the last couple weeks to 207 lbs.

Wrap up for March is 542 miles on the bike, pedaled up 47,500 ft of hills and 67 hours of activity between cardio at the gym and saddle time.

Also lined up at two mountain bike races, taking a 4th and 2nd place.

A good month. Bring on April!

Still hanging in at 207 lbs. No loss / No Gain.

Mountain bike raced with the big boys over 200 lbs last week in the “Clydesdale” class. Finished second. Although weight isn’t coming off as fast as I like, definitely gaining strength, cardio conditioning and endurance.

Haven’t stepped on the scale in a few weeks. Down 3 to 204 lbs.

Continue to workout every day and racing mountain bikes on the weekends wherever I can. Thinking about competing in an upcoming road race but not so sure. Screw up and wreck on a mountain bike and likely all you get is dusty, maybe a skinned knee and a bruised ego. Much different in a road race. Asphalt really bangs you up when you go down at speed. I know both feelings from experience.

I stepped on the scale a couple days ago after a previous day of fairly strenuous work. 177. Puts me at a BMI of 23. My senior year in high school I was 176. My high was 206, was probably around 202 when I retired Jan 2017. Not dieting (eating very well in fact!) but far more active and less time sitting these last 4+ years. I fell great at this weight. I turn 60 next year....

I'm down to between 194-196 from 231 at retirement 9 months ago. Its all walking the dog, with a daily route of about 5 miles, and replacing short trips to the post office or pharmacy with walks. My DW is talking about a gym membership this summer, although I have not done that type of thing much since high school. Technically, I am still approaching the "healthy" BMI, but am down to the last 10# or so.

Still no loss and no gain at 204 lbs.

Am careful what I eat and am getting a large dose of cardio and strength training every day. Just keeping on this path and the weight will drop off.

Haven't weighed in for a while. Today at 185.8. Down about 20 lbs since post foot surgery high in mid January. Better diet and exercise are taking effect. 5 more lbs to get down to high school weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom