Minor Surgery w/Versed & Demerol

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone here have minor surgery or a colonoscopy with a mixture of versed and demerol? Can you share your experiences with this twighlight sleep type mixture? Any problems? Thanks!

Anyone here have minor surgery or a colonoscopy with a mixture of versed and demerol? Can you share your experiences with this twighlight sleep type mixture? Any problems? Thanks!

Yeah I did, a colonoscopy about 5 years ago. Doc said I was awake but I don't remember a thing about the procedure until when I was coming to, I remember looking at my nurse and thinking she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I didn't want to leave the hospital but then my wife intervened and took me home
tickedoff.gif

When I returned for my follow up the same nurse was there and ... well, she had a good personality. So I would compare those meds with being at the bar at 2AM.

Next time I had a colonoscopy it was virtual. No fun.

Yeah I did, a colonoscopy about 5 years ago. Doc said I was awake but I don't remember a thing about the procedure until when I was coming to, I remember looking at my nurse and thinking she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I didn't want to leave the hospital but then my wife intervened and took me home
tickedoff.gif

When I returned for my follow up the same nurse was there and ... well, she had a good personality. So I would compare those meds with being at the bar at 2AM.

Next time I had a colonoscopy it was virtual. No fun.

:D The nurse story was pretty funny! Why was your virtual colonoscopy no fun? I thought the virtual one was painless.

I've had a few colonoscopy's and I have no idea what they gave me but it was good stuff. I wanted some to take home.

The nurse story was pretty funny! Why was your virtual colonoscopy no fun? I thought the virtual one was painless.

For one thing the nurses just look like nurses. Plus even though they don't insert the tube inside they pump you full of air and it's really uncomfortable (trying to put this delicately). And you still have to do all the prep the day before, which is no fun. But the worst is, if they do find something suspicious, they can't take it out right there, so you still have to return for a regular colonoscopy. With my first one, the doc snipped a small polyp. With the virtual one, I was lucky and they found nothing, but if they had found a polyp I would have had to go back for another one.

I had a colonoscopy with Versed and Demerol in April. Apparently, since I was also taking Vicodin for back pain at the time, those drugs were less effective than desired. I don't remember much but the doctor said I gave him a hard time. For other reasons I had to have a repeat of the colonoscopy a few months later under general anesthesia.

DW had a colonoscopy last week with Versed and Demerol. She says she doesn't remember a thing about the procedure. She was pretty dopey for the rest of the day... asked me the same question about 5 times and had no recollection of the answer.

Grumpy

1. "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

5. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

6. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

7. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out..."

8. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

9. "If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!

10. "Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

11. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

12. "Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up
there?"

CFB. Those sound like sigmoidoscopy quotes.... I'll (ungladly) vouch for every one of those.

It's a mixed bag. The good news is, you get to watch along with the doc. The bad news is, you're lucid and can watch along with the doc.

I don't know what they gave me for my colonoscope but they explained that I would not truly be out. But it sure felt like I was out. I didn't remember a thing.

I have lots of "procedures." If I am not going under general anesthesia, I ask for Versed by name. They usually comply and give me that and some other drug that I can't remember the name of. I never remember anything about the procedure and wake up feeling like I need a cup of coffee which I have and then feel normal. Versed is a great drug.

Mike D.

Hey,
I was one of those nurses .I worked at an Endoscopy clinic for a few years .We gave Demerol or Fentanyl for the pain and Versed for amnesia. I had it myself & it's great .You really don't care what they are doing and you don't remember it afterwards.Funny thing is one of the nurses was 23 and gorgeous reall looked like a super model the guys would be gaga even with their wives right there .

Last edited:
Last edited by Moemg : Today at 07:34 AM. Reason: forgot something

Hitting the Versed cabinet this morning? (big smiley)

Hey,
I was one of those nurses .I worked at an Endoscopy clinic for a few years .We gave Demerol or Fentanyl for the pain and Versed for amnesia. I had it myself & it's great .You really don't care what they are doing and you don't remember it afterwards.

I have had about 5 or 6 endoscopies done on myself. The funny thing is I don't remember anything about the procedure. But somehow I'm looking forward to the next one. I think my concious mind has no memory, but my subconcious mind remembers all the great pain killing drugs they gave me. Its a real weird feeling.

Back
Top Bottom