My medicare supplement plan F-HD-Ended

Ok, after talking with Humana,Cigna,and IBX bule cross, believe will go with
Cigna for F-HD. The Cigna person really knew what she was talking about and they have a good price. The Humana rep would not stop talking about MA plans told her 4 times that had no interest, finally had to tell her I will not deal with Humana if she does not stop talking about MA.
Can anyone tell me why I would want a MA plan, I mean they look great 0 premium, some with drug coverage, but most have 6700 OOP.
Also remember for plan G medigap there is no HD plan, and no guranteed underwritting,at least for 2020.
Oldmike

You may want to call these people at medicarefaq.com 1-800-845-2454,
(https://www.medicarefaq.com/medicare-supplements/medigap-plans/medigap-plan-g-high-deductible/), or BoomerBenefits.com at 1-855-732-9055 and ask about Plan G HD as they are more in tune being independent agents as opposed to representing a single company. Not every company overs all of the individual supplement plans in all localities. To my knowledge when you turn 65 all medicare supplement plans are issued as guaranteed underwriting. It is only when you want to change to another plan, unless you are in one of the nine annual states, that plans are not guaranteed issue.

WMC: I have had medicare for years. My plan was cancelled since the insurance company is getting out of the business for medigap. Yes you are correct, when turning 65 you can get Plan G, other wise it is not guranteed issue without underwriting. Anyhow let me state again there is no G-HD,does not exist at this time point. I have talked to medicare gov 3 times, they know nothing about it, nor is it in the medicare and you book for 2020 that I just got.
Whatever anyone reads on the internet about G-HD for 2020 is not correct, it does not exist.
Thanks for the input.
Oldmike

Last edited:
If anyone is interested. Signed up on the phone for me and the wife with
Cigna. Plan F-HD again, just have to wait for the paper work to process.
Wanted to get it done before open enrollment.

What a pain.
Oldmike

Back
Top Bottom