What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Screenshot_20240509-173334.jpg
IMG_20240509_125728852.jpg

We took a 35 mile bike ride around the countryside and stumbled on a memorial to troops in Colmar region. Super nice weather day for a long ride. E-bikes are definitely the way to go though you still have to pedal (pedal assist).

Most paths are in the agricultural areas and very few cars seen. Lots of wine too.

What did you catch in Montana that weighed 43 pounds?
A paddlefish. I traveled east (ND) a way to take in the snagging season. They are notable for their caviar. I go on a private ranch so don't have to be around the hundreds of people that travel to the area to fish this unique fish. No bones just cartlidge. A lot of 100 plus pounders caught each season. I read that the first one caught this year was a 131 lbs.
IMG_3601.jpgIMG_3607.jpg

Last edited:
Passed my colonoscopy yesterday. No issues and 5 years until the next one. Been raining almost all week here, and finally dry today. So mowing day for me, both at my house and on church property that I help mowing on.

A paddlefish. I traveled east (ND) a way to take in the snagging season. They are notable for their caviar. I go on a private ranch so don't have to be around the hundreds of people that travel to the area to fish this unique fish. No bones just cartlidge. A lot of 100 plus pounders caught each season. I read that the first one caught this year was a 131 lbs.
View attachment 50998View attachment 50999
Nice catch! (y)

street--beautiful carving. I remember seeing many of your carvings several years ago, they were always lovely.

street--beautiful carving. I remember seeing many of your carvings several years ago, they were always lovely.
Thank You pacergal!!

Hey aja >> I'm the thin good looking one on the far right. Lol

Went to ranch today. I haven't been there for about 4 or 5 days been raining and bus with other things. I planted more trees and did some tree trimming on road coming in where the trees are growing towards to road. I mowed and did some more shovel leveling on a new two track road we want to use.
Checked on trial plot of sainfoin I planted last Sunday and nothing up yet. I sure hope I can get it to take.

No aurora for us, it's been overcast and off & on rain for the last week. This early afternoon was dry enough for me to mow the front and half the back before the rain clouds came in. I do like the battery lawn mower, but wish the batteries would last longer. Oh well, I guess that will happen with time. And DW went to visit her sister and play with the 3-year-old grandniece.

Oh, and I finally finished migrating Lightroom to the new computer. It went better than I thought but still a few hiccups along the way.

Baked coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for the fiance's birthday.

We met some friends in Sequim for breakfast and to show them the future digs, and some of the local attractions. Good times.

The County call about a month ago and asked if I would help on Kids Bike Day. So, that is what I did for 3/4 of my day. It was great helping kids fix their bikes we gave bikes away and helmets. I had two young early grade school kids helping me and they were so fun to be around. They did a great job!!

Came home late afternoon and planted 20 tomatoes plants, 4 sweet banana peppers and cucumbers. Just got back in from a bike and now visiting my favorite website.

In early afternoon it was finally dry enough to finish mowing the back yard from the halfway job I did yesterday.

Oh, and for the last couple of days I was thinking unkind thoughts about the ancestry of the people who work at Frontier Communications, our landline phone and DSL ISP, because Internet was so slow. Light finally dawned on Marblehead when I figured out that this happened right after I copied over almost a TB of photos and during the setup of the new PC, I had forgotten to disable Onedrive, which was obediently trying to upload all my photos, most of which are in raw format which takes up a lot more drive space than the more commonly used lossy and compressed .jpg files. Shooting photos in raw format gives you a lot more room in processing, but at the cost of taking up a lot more storage space.

Today I continued to plant garden at ranch and will need about half a day left to finish up. Squash and pumpkins is left to do but I have plants in town ready to transplant them.
Tonight, after supper I will mow the yard. The smoke is really bad here from Cannada fires.

Been busting my butt too much on house projects.

Went for a Sunday motorcycle ride.
Good times.
Side note, check out the old movie "On Any Sunday" if you have not seen it. ;)

Met up with the kids and significant others in Santa Cruz this weekend for a family camp out. Awesome time.

Got home and squeezed in a 40-mile gravel road bike workout.

It has been weeks of rain and or too much wind, today no rain, some sun, less than 10MPH winds. Went kayaking.

Back
Top Bottom