Nearly 6 months to day after TKR and the other knee woke up...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So it started a few nights ago I went to bed and the old knee started to throb.. I usually fall asleep in 2 minutes - it then took 20 minutes. Last night it started with a vengeance and went on for a while. I was surprised how bad it got. I woke up at midnight and it was telling me "Ray you took care of leftie over there but I'm still here." I found a pill and my recliner and finally passed out. I saw the surgeon this morning and got a cortisone shot... I know it could be way worse. But obviously the Dam the clock is ticking...

I wonder will the second time around will get me to finally retire?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Ow! So sorry your other knee is acting up. So, is the good knee (that you already had surgery on) still good? I wonder if a cane would help. Hopefully that cortisone shot will make a big difference.

Ow! So sorry your other knee is acting up. So, is the good knee still good? I wonder if a cane would help.

The good knee is fine and I'm not limping ... The right one was bad when I had the left done It continued to deteriorate. I had X-rays today even I could see bone on bone...it aches at the end of the day. It could be worse. I'm on the glide path to another knee job...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forumh

Well, at least you know what you're in for. :( It's a long, tough recovery from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom